IGNORED

Panda Bear - Tomboy

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the 2nd single is due october 19

panda_bear_cover_web.jpg

A gentle duet between Panda Bear and himself, "You Can Count On Me" glimmers with third world melodic overtones, an ethereal uplifting number that is over before you become too familiar. "Alsatian Darn" on the other hand is a much different creature...a slightly foreboding track with an off-beat melancholy chord progression that occasionally lets the light break through with a jaunty two-step, if ever so briefly.

"You Can Count On Me" is the second in the series of 7" singles from Panda Bear previewing Tomboy the much-anticipated follow-up to Person Pitch.

http://dominorecordco.us/usa/singles/31-08-10/you-can-count-on-me/

• 1 month later...

heres a couple previews of the tracks on the single

i must say im not a big fan of how hes releasing this album bit by bit... he should just put out the whole thing at once.

songs sound great though

http://www.amazon.com/You-Can-Count-On-Me/dp/B0046OP26I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1286748050&sr=8-3

well well. alsation darn is better that you can count on me (to bore you)

but basically avey tares album shits on this

alsation darn is quite good. avey's album is really really good but i will wait to hear panda's new album before deciding which one is better

alsation darn is quite good. avey's album is really really good but i will wait to hear panda's new album before deciding which one is better

yeah maybe he's just releasing the weak tracks as singles

• 2 months later...
Guest Archrival

I TOLD YA!!! Drooooools :crazy: "Tomboy will feature the songs previously released on a series of vinyl singles (which will conclude with a forthcoming single on Kompakt) as well as new material. According to a press release, "all the songs have been added to" and given new mixes by former Spacemen 3 member Sonic Boom, who handled production on MGMT's sophomore album, last year's Congratulations.

Archived