IGNORED

Panda Bear - Tomboy

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was there a sale on the "plane flying by" sound effect?

the unrelated sound effects are a bit overdone here. I wish that scheherezade song still had the sample from tbe live version. I love the outro to friendship bracelet but the rest of that song is boring.

Atiba song and Preakness need high quality releases somewhere

I am digging this. I've played it twice and seem to get a little lost in the more experimental stuff in the second half, as I've been at work both times so it's kind of passive listening even with headphones. I really like the more direct, poppy tracks and I'm sure the rest will grow on me with more listens. I'm pleased with this.

yea I thought some of those slower songs at the end (also they were not released) were kind of boring and samey but now friendship bracelet is amazing to me..

I wish he put the lyrics in the album because a lot if them are just fucking killer. very personal and very well done. it's too bad you can barely understand a word but when you know what he's saying, it's even that much better.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I had heard the tomboy single as a digital download before the album and was somewhat unimpressed. it's amazing how much of an improvement sonic boom's mixing made.

I wish he put the lyrics in the album because a lot if them are just fucking killer. very personal and very well done. it's too bad you can barely understand a word but when you know what he's saying, it's even that much better.

http://www.songmeanings.net/artist/view/songs/137438976195/

dude, you crazy

i guess youre implying that i was lolling at the lyrics being wrong. no. i was lolling at the lyrics

:facepalm:

I don't know how I could have misread the 1 post of your last 1000 that wasnt sarcastic.

• 1 month later...

Alsatian Darn has been my consistent favorite of this real grower of an album. At 2:45, it sounds like the track is about to dither down, but then the vocals come back stronger than ever and it never fails to give me the chills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvOYoNrzWM

this batshit trippy music video helps too... I prefer watching it small (not fullscreen) so your brain can actually process some of the movement going on

• 1 month later...

tomboy box set in november

Panda Bear has revealed details of the long-awaited Tomboy vinyl box set, out October 31.

The box includes 4 LPs, on which you’ll find the original Tomboy album, released earlier this year, plus unreleased instrumentals and acapellas, bonus track ‘The Preakness’, the alternate single mixes (you’ll remember that Tomboy‘s songs were first heard across four different 7″s released on FatCat, Kompakt, Domino and Paw Tracks, before being freshly mixed by Pete ‘Sonic’ Kember for inclusion on the album). A 16-page booklet completes the box set package, which will be limited to 5000 copies, with all profits going to the American Cancer Society.

Tracklist:

LP 1:

1. You Can Count on Me

2. Tomboy

3. Slow Motion

4. Surfer’s Hymn

5. Last Night at the Jetty

6. Drone

LP 2:

1. The Preakness

2. Alsatian Darn

3. Scheherazade

4. Friendship Bracelet

5. Afterburner

6. Benfica

LP 3 (Single Mixes):

1. Drone

2. Tomboy

3. Last Night at the Jetty

4. Surfer’s Hymn

5. Scheherazade

6. Benfica

7. Slow Motion

8. Friendship Bracelet

9. Alsatian Darn

10. Bullseye

11. You Can Count on Me

LP 4:

1. Alsatian Darn (Instrumental)

2. Slow Motion (Instrumental)

3. Friendship Bracelet (Instrumental)

4. Drone (Instrumental)

5. Last Night at the Jetty (Instrumental)

6. You Can Count on Me (A Cappella)

7. Alsatian Darn (A Cappella)

8. Slow Motion (A Cappella)

9. Afterburner (A Cappella)

10. Drone (A Cappella)

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

accapella interesting....

the new washed out album made this sound kinda crap for me

Archived