IGNORED

Share your dreams

Guest happycase

i had an awesome dream about a girl i like, very lucid, well, more lucid then i've had for a LONG time.. should be noted that i was sleeping on my back.

Again, from this morning, but only the very end.

Not sure if I was watching a movie or if I was in some kind of simulator. Anyway, I was in what appeared to be 18th or 19th century Turkey. There were two men fighting a bunch of bandits. One of the men, more or less in pirate dress, was armed with a double-barreled flintlock pistol.

Shortly after, they head to what appeared to be a gate leading to a bandit stronghold. Suddenly, from that direction comes some advanced vehicle - something in between a car and a tank. It had a type of segmented metal frame similar to the Millenium Falcon from Star Wars. The driver was on the left side, while the right side housed some kind of mini-reactor, which was like a giant track ball. It looked like a sphere made of moving chains. Then the driver jumps out, armed with a six-barreled revolver designed with a similar frame style, almost as if it was of the same origin as the tank-car. Whether they time-traveled from the far future or if they are alien in origin is unclear.

Then I woke up.

Guest Lucy Faringold

the right side housed some kind of mini-reactor, which was like a giant track ball. It looked like a sphere made of moving chains.

This is a very cool image.

the right side housed some kind of mini-reactor, which was like a giant track ball. It looked like a sphere made of moving chains.

This is a very cool image.

I wish I could demonstrate it visually, but I appreciate the feedback :)

Some of the coolest dreams seem to happen completely at random.

• 2 months later...

I was half awake half asleep and thought someone opened our apartement-door in the middle of the night and was coming through the hallway into our bedroom. Fell asleep after that again and in the morning I had a dream that tiny invisible monsters were biting my toes.

i had a dream last night that i was making a film under the wing of Robert Zemeckis. The details are sort of cloudy but i remember very vividly that Robert surprised me with a scene that wasn't in the script which the entire movie story revolved around. The 'reveal' at the end of the movie is that the after life/heaven was actually some kind of psychedelic mirror mask esque underwater world. Deep under the sea dead comedians like Chris Farley coverts with men in suits wearing fish head and lobster masks. The last shot of the movie was a huge camera sweep starting from above the ocean surface and going into the underwater paradise all while siguros plays in the background. Inexplicably it was one of the most emotionally satisfying dreams Ive had in years

Guest Lucy Faringold

dude, it's been a weird experience. i'll describe all three dreams in detail.

first dream: this was a couple of months ago, so i only remember it vaguely. i didn't pay much attention to it until i had the second dream.

there are a bunch of people on a beach at sunset. they seem to be waiting for something. everything is tinted orange/red. i am standing on a cliff slightly away from the beach by myself. i look into the sky and see the moon. suddenly, the moon splits into two moons that are tangentially connected like this:

28509-medium.jpg

except one is on the top and the other is on the bottom. the moons then begin morphing into symbols that are about ten times larger than the moons. the symbols are complex outlines, not full shapes. they rapidly change and it feels like something drawing in the sky rather than the symbols simply appearing--like an alien presence trying to communicate something to the people below. i remember thinking, "what could have so much power as to draw with the moon in the sky?"

second dream: i had this dream a couple of weeks ago.

i am standing on the steps of the entrance to a movie theater with my boyfriend, his dad and his sister. the steps are slippery and covered in snow. they are also breaking apart, like the movie theater is some ancient ruin. it's dark outside. i look up in the sky and see the moon. the moon splits into two, as in the other dream, and then quickly starts morphing into symbols. i distinctly remember one of them looking like the outline of some type of crab, but they changed so quickly that i couldn't take them in. the colors of the symbols are blue/green. finally, the symbols vanish and i see a constellation: five stars in an irregular circle, two of which are closer together than the others. again, there is a feeling of an alien presence.

third dream: i had this dream last night, so it's a lot more detailed.

my whole family is over at my house. i go into my garage to do the laundry. the washing machine breaks (some type of tube that delivers to it has snapped off and it's leaking). i ask my cousin, who is visiting from serbia, to fix it and he can't. we go and ask my uncle and he comes outside and begins working on it. i exit the garage to my "backyard" (more like a sideyard) out of frustration and stand outside with my aunt. we look over my fence at a mass of tree tops behind my neighbor's house across the street. behind the branches we can see the sky, which is covered in wispy purple clouds. we see the moon beneath the clouds.

suddenly, the moon shoots into the sky above us (it's no longer on the horizon). i say out loud, "this is exactly like a dream i had!"

the moon splits into two and i ask my aunt if she is seeing what i am seeing. she expresses confusion and says she is not. the moon starts morphing into symbols, but these are much larger than the symbols in my previous dreams. they take up the whole sky--my whole field of vision--and appear in a flurry of different colors and lines. i feel overwhelmed, like i am tripping very hard. i didn't feel like an alien presence this time, but i did feel like something was physically overpowering me and make me see these things. i can't stand it anymore and i fall backwards into the grass and pass out. when i wake up, my family is around me and they say i got a concussion from falling backwards and hitting my head. i ask my aunt if she saw what i saw and she says she has no idea what i'm talking about.

at 4:20 on the video

http://www.boardsofcanada.com/

what the fuck

This thread is the first thing I thought of when I saw the video. Especially cool considering you actually wrote "i'm convinced that my dreams predicted new boc" on 22 May.

This is one reason why writing dreams down is a good idea :-)

yeah that is pretty amazing, i can't remember the last time i had a dream where it seemed to predict the future (traditionally called prescient dreams) but when it's happened it sort of jogs me out of my rationalist thinking ways and shit feels slightly magical again

last night i dreamed i was shopping for a new bed, but the bed i was lying on in the store was horribly soft and i woke up with a sore back.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't remember much about my dream, except there was some new product on the market I was trying out. The product: a cat that had its voice box removed and a remote control with options like "snarl" and "torment". My girlfriend was urging me to use it, so I pushed a button and the cat tried to hiss or something, but there was no sound. gf was like "try one of the others, sometimes it makes the craziest sounds", so I pushed another and the cat made this horrible distressed wheeze. Then i thought "wait, why is this even a product? This is horrible." /dream.

I had a dream where I met an autistic girl who always talked about death, and ghosts and death... It was pretty creepy, because I was like in her house (a mansion) and there was a part where I was walking up the stairs and, suddenly, I see her just standing up in her dark outfit and her black, long hair... Holy shit.

Edited by logakght

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I dreamt my mate went out and got a brand new white iPhone 5 with a white leather case and was showing it off.

I remember feeling really surprised and angry because it's totally out of character for her (she's not materialistic).

Rambo was there.

Had the worst nightmare about a schizophrenic woman hiding in my travel suitcase. She had cut off somebody's arms and put them in my backpack. When I found her hiding spot and saw her dark hair sticking out from under the zipper, she jumped me, trying to gauge my eyes out, forcing me to bash her skull in on the front door of my house. She made this gargling noise. I called the police. The officer told me I've been hallucinating because I injected corrupted data in my bloodstream.

Guest isaki

The officer told me I've been hallucinating because I injected corrupted data in my bloodstream.

nice, cool sci fi idea could be expanded on that

had a dream last night a guy i used to know had a gun and was shooting at people. my mom was there too and i was trying to save her. i realized the only way to stop this guy was to throw myself at him, i did and wrestled the gun out of his hands and was the hero.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a dream last night i was in some sort of prehistoric tribe (maybe post-apocalyptic tribe because at one point there was an earthquake and we found cover in some sort of man made arc building thing). The most exciting part of the dream was when a bunch of leopards came and attacked us, at one point there was a leopard underwater and jumped at me and i stabbed it right in the jugular (he bit me in the wrist).

Definitely one of the better dreams in recent memory.

Guest Gravity

Had a dream last night i was in some sort of prehistoric tribe (maybe post-apocalyptic tribe because at one point there was an earthquake and we found cover in some sort of man made arc building thing). The most exciting part of the dream was when a bunch of leopards came and attacked us, at one point there was a leopard underwater and jumped at me and i stabbed it right in the jugular (he bit me in the wrist).

Definitely one of the better dreams in recent memory.

I always find that when it comes to fighting in dreams I can't do shit. My arms either go limp or I always miss.

For me, fights in dreams are usually a desperate struggle of touching, grabbing, wrestling somebody/something until some weird unexpected thing happens that usually leaves no clear winner and both parties somewhat injured. More or less realistic, I guess.

I had a dream where I met an autistic girl who always talked about death, and ghosts and death... It was pretty creepy, because I was like in her house (a mansion) and there was a part where I was walking up the stairs and, suddenly, I see her just standing up in her dark outfit and her black, long hair... Holy shit.

Weren't you saying in another thread that this autistic girl is real?

Had the worst nightmare about a schizophrenic woman hiding in my travel suitcase. She had cut off somebody's arms and put them in my backpack. When I found her hiding spot and saw her dark hair sticking out from under the zipper, she jumped me, trying to gauge my eyes out, forcing me to bash her skull in on the front door of my house. She made this gargling noise. I called the police. The officer told me I've been hallucinating because I injected corrupted data in my bloodstream.

lol awesome.

After my alarm went off this morning I fell back to sleep. There was a trail of pus leading along the pavement downtown, so I followed it. It lead a dead dear. Some scruffy looking hobo type also followed the trail. When he looked down at the deer he started kicking the shit out of it. Then I noticed there were dead animals lying all over the place, but the worst thing was this seagull that had a big chunk of its body cut off, but was still "flying" along the pavement in obvious torment. I deduced that the hobo dude was going around on an animal maiming/killing rampage. First and foremost I was concerned with putting that seagull out of its misery. So I yelled out to the nearby pedestrians for a sharp knife, as I was going to attempt to decapitate it, quick and easy. Some guy sitting at a cafe patio threw a knife my way like it was a goddamn ninja star, and I was like "WTF just hand it to me." Then my alarm buzzed again. /dream

I had a dream I was transporting an American football team in a submarine somewhere in the Arctic. I woke up surrounded by gorgeous, naked dudes. Actually I didn't, and the dream was kind of fun/had a mysterious/spy feeling to it, but what a wonderfully homoerotic dream in retrospect!

Weren't you saying in another thread that this autistic girl is real?

I've always been interested in everything involving brain/mind anomalies, like autism. So I don't think that the girl I talk about has anything with the dream. Actually the girl I'm talking about is the one in my avatar. She's weird as fuck! But I don't want to say anything here because I want to respect her privacy (for now ;)