IGNORED

Strange Pictures Thread

Redruth

PH-800px-Fargo_Sundogs_2_18_09.jpg

Sundogs in Fargo, North Dakota. Taken February 18th, 2009. [ Photo by Gopherboy6956 / public domain ]

A sun dog or sundog (scientific name parhelion, plural parhelia, from Greek parēlion, (παρήλιον), παρά(beside) + ήλιος(sun), "beside the sun"; also called a mock sun) is an atmospheric phenomenon that creates bright spots of light in the sky, often on a luminous ring or halo on either side of the sun. The poet Aratus (Phaenomena 880-891) mentions parhelia as part of his catalogue of Weather Signs; for him, they can indicate rain, wind, or an approaching storm. Be it so, said Tubero; and since you invite me to discussion, and present the opportunity, let us first examine, before any one else arrives, what can be the nature of the parhelion, or double sun, which was mentioned in the senate. (based on a wikipedia article / cc by-sa)

this happened in stockholm today, never seen anything like it before.

Guest sweater weather

k25_00000092.jpg

what?

something strange seems to happen to the sensors of digital cameras when they are exposed to molten or very hot material. Here's a shot I took at a steel mill close to my childhood home. Notice the bright purple rod in the left hand side of the pic. It was nearly molten hot and looked glowing red/orange to the naked eye, but when i took the shot it came out purple for some reason..

I think a similar effect is happening with the molten sulfur in the above image.

4658513419_0ec54f37ea.jpg

k25_00000092.jpg

what?

something strange seems to happen to the sensors of digital cameras when they are exposed to molten or very hot material. Here's a shot I took at a steel mill close to my childhood home. Notice the bright purple rod in the left hand side of the pic. It was nearly molten hot and looked glowing red/orange to the naked eye, but when i took the shot it came out purple for some reason..

I think a similar effect is happening with the molten sulfur in the above image.

4658513419_0ec54f37ea.jpg

it's because CCDs can pick up frequencies outside visible light. press a button on your tv remote control, and take a picture of it, you'll see the beam.

article-1337542-0C6E6E9A000005DC-952_634x475.jpg

OMG , i posted that picture , but i decided not to.

I thought it was real , then found out it was a hoax. Still creeps me out

There are rumours going on that the image is Super 8 (J.J. Abrams and Steven Spielberg's new movie) viral marketing.

rbgoundtibetanmonk.jpg

This is a photo of Tibetan Buddhist monk, the Ven. K. C. Ayang Rinpoche, blessing the deer in Kyoto's Nara Park, July 26th, 1985. He only asked once for a photo of him to be taken, saying, "Take a photo now!" No one saw the rainbow until the print was developed. Rinpoche, on seeing the photograph, said he felt that his prayer blessing of the deer had been answered by the Buddha Amitabha at the very moment the photo was taken, when he had made contact with the deer, and that the power of His blessing appeared in rainbow form