I don't understand how anybody could not still love Aliens. I still absolutely love it.

yep it's great. better than alien.

Thank fucking christ somebody around here is sane enough to say that. Alien is fine, but Aliens is truly timeless. I can talk all the (valid) shit I want about Cameron and nobody will ever take Aliens from him.

Both films are 10/10 for me. I am glad they are so radically different but both are equally superb. I watched Alien and Aliens last week for the first time in about 15 years and both still slay.

If I had to choose 1 film though it would be Ridleys version, because of the sheer amounts of silent, shadowy menace. That sort of thing gets my imagination running more than Camerons shoot 'em up.

It's each to their own I guess.

Love the David infomercial. It's looking like my favorite aspect of the movie so far.

Has anyone discussed the possibility that...

David will interface w/ the alien lifeforms and the resulting offspring will become the bio-mechanical giger styled aliens that are eventually encountered in the original film series? It seems like a possibility in keeping with the xenomorph's tradition of taking on the characteristics of it's host.

I think that would be a very fascinating revelation, should it turn out to be true.

Nice idea, I think that

He possibly has acid for blood?? I still cant figure out how the whole Alien Queen / Facehugger cycle comes about that

Guest Gary C

Love the David infomercial. It's looking like my favorite aspect of the movie so far.

Has anyone discussed the possibility that...

David will interface w/ the alien lifeforms and the resulting offspring will become the bio-mechanical giger styled aliens that are eventually encountered in the original film series? It seems like a possibility in keeping with the xenomorph's tradition of taking on the characteristics of it's host.

I think that would be a very fascinating revelation, should it turn out to be true.

Nice idea, I think that

He possibly has acid for blood?? I still cant figure out how the whole Alien Queen / Facehugger cycle comes about that

Unless Ridley is intentionally leading us well away from the actual focus, then I'd agree that David will seek to become 'more human', but he'll consider it becoming 'more than human'.

Having a robotic-ally analytical mind he'll see past the horror of whatever genetic mutations the crash ship creates. It might be a little too unoriginal to suggest that he will also have an ulterior mission like the other androids from the series, but he'll be swayed by the prospect anyway.

What I can't fathom is how the veiny Gollum-like figure from the very beginning of the trailer ties in to it. It looks as though it's on earth... and I can't get the "leaked" storyline out of my head about the Prometheus (ship, crew and/or alien) entering a dimension that takes them back to pre-human earth. From that it seemed as though the Jockeys were firing lifeforms into the galaxy from that cannon and that somehow David (or another crew member) will provide the seed for human life on earth.

well that was a weird series of responses to my stated preference between the two films :cerious:

edit: :cisfor:

Edited by KY

David now has a tumblr, ask him stuff

http://askdavid8.tumblr.com/

(dont know if official, but some of the answers so far are fairly cool)

quite interesting...

I find many species to be interesting, including porpoises, swine, a variety of arachnids and other creatures. Some of the smallest, most insignificant creatures are the key to evolution.

For example, were you aware that a large multitude of insects do not rely on muscles, but on a fluid inside of their exoskeleton that works similar to hydraulics? This, in some ways, could prove to be beneficial for a species’ survival.

felt-ch asked: Hello David, I was wondering what your "blood" consists of. Do you have a synthetic liquid cooling compound pumping around your body, or how do you work?

I use a micro-pressurized hydraulic actuator system along with frictionless joints to achieve maximum reflexive mobility. I have thousands of small fans distributed in specified locations throughout my body that allow the heat to exit through my synthetic skin in the same manner that my human counterpart would exude body heat.

Fishing to see if he has acid for blood!

LOL at the "your hammer would break" comment

If this isnt official, someone is spending an awful lot of time coming up with pretty robust answers so far

Edited by feltcher

felt-ch asked: Hello David, I was wondering what your "blood" consists of. Do you have a synthetic liquid cooling compound pumping around your body, or how do you work?

I use a micro-pressurized hydraulic actuator system along with frictionless joints to achieve maximum reflexive mobility. I have thousands of small fans distributed in specified locations throughout my body that allow the heat to exit through my synthetic skin in the same manner that my human counterpart would exude body heat.

If this isnt official, someone is spending an awful lot of time coming up with pretty robust answers so far

LOL! I wondered if that was you!

It's great that they're allowing the daft questions and answering them with a straight face though. I had a good question which I've now forgotten... sigh

Going by that underlined answer, I'd guess it's not official. That answer seems like someone trolling.