Ruiangelo: I also try to get my message across here and not being native english (or american) speaker it can be hard. Especially when people rather bother you on your grammar that what you're trying to say.

True that. Sometimes people will deliberately concentrate their rant on your grammar than on the message you are actually trying to send, to mess with us. But most people are cool with that, because most of the regular posters aren't native english speakers anyway...

It's worth pointing out that I think your written English is really good.

Puts to shame some sirch's I could mention.

I can't stand imagining Childhood's end in movie form because I don't trust anyone on designing those "certain characters" in that book.

Wayne Barlowe did a pretty good job in my favorite childhood book:

ov.jpg

Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials is an excellent, classic book

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I can condense the 80 pages into 1 gif image ...

bX5ag.gif

O wow. That's more than this thread alone.

LOL

LoL

Wayne_Barlowe_Old_One.jpg

avatar would've been great if the navi looked like this dude. in fact, i would like to see a remake of avatar with the navi being made to look like this guy. it would quickly morph into some obscene surrealist horror when what's his face wakes up in the body of winged spore beast and proceeds to fall in love with another spore beast.

somebody 'shop in Tom Cruise fighting the Old One here...and put Guillermo Del Toro crying in the background or something. that'd bring this thread full circle.

edit: that Guild Steersman makes me wanna read the other Dune books, or at least the second and third; i've only read the first thus far.

Edited by auxien

avatar would've been great if the navi looked like this dude. in fact, i would like to see a remake of avatar with the navi being made to look like this guy. it would quickly morph into some obscene surrealist horror when what's his face wakes up in the body of winged spore beast and proceeds to fall in love with another spore beast.

flol! If you have read the story this is from it makes that sentiment hilarious.

Actually, this is what the Engineers would look like if Del Toro made Prometheus.

Read the story Hoodz. I think you would dig it.

I want to read the second book as well now Auxien. Some people tell me it is amazing and others tell me it is boring. I love the ideas though. I have the Dune encyclopedia. So I have basically read all of the books. I history of the spacing guild is amazingly complex and interesting.

Since we're on a Lovecraft tangent, thanks to PROMETHEUS, del Toro will not be making At the Mountain of Madness since PROMETHEUS skirts so near similar themes. So on top of PROMETHEUS being a disappointment, it also stopped a big budget Lovecraft movie from being produced. A double whammy of disappointment.

Since we're on a Lovecraft tangent, thanks to PROMETHEUS, del Toro will not be making At the Mountain of Madness since PROMETHEUS skirts so near similar themes. So on top of PROMETHEUS being a disappointment, it also stopped a big budget Lovecraft movie from being produced. A double whammy of disappointment.

well that's what i was referencing before...i kinda thought everyone knew about that by now. lol. biggest disappointment of the past decade to me :/

Guest couch

My favorite movie of the year!

But then again the only other movie I've seen so far is Avengers.

Del Toro is just lazy and needed an excuse to back out of what would be an extremely difficult film to make, and nothing like Prometheus. The only similarity is that the old ones made us. The portrayal of the old ones and the Lovecraft mythos would be amazing on film and as I said before nothing like Prometheus. Fuck a bunch of Cruise though. Bruce Willis all the way.

!B5Zj03QEWk~%24%28KGrHqN,!ikEyeUS6y!IBMtfSwL4C!~~_3.JPG

you're probably absolutely right Atop. Del Toro just talks out his ass so much about the zillion movies he's 'gonna' make i should've known better from the start.

i think Cruise could've possible pulled off a good performance. but if i were choosing, i'd say go with someone who's proven they can pull such things off....

kurt_russell_thing_01_high_resolution_desktop_3406x2352_wallpaper-259062.jpg

yeah, I am down with Kurt playing Dyer. He is supposed to be in his fifties. Kurt can pull off a 50 something year old geologist.

Danforth could be played brilliantly by Brad Dourif or Willem Dafoe. A Buscemi type.

Not sure who would be perfect to write and direct.

David Fincher could pull it off amazingly.

Peter Jackson could as well.

Whoever writes the script needs to stay faithful to the fucking 100 pages of awesome visuals, fear, and myth! Keep it in the fucking time period!