prometheus-movie-ticket.jpg

Prometheus gets an R rating? FOX returning to their glory days?

There’s been heavy speculation over whether Ridley Scott‘s sci-fi horror film Prometheus would receive an R-rating. The blockbuster film carries a big price tag, and a PG-13 rating would probably mean a much higher take at the box office. However, when Steve spoke with 20th Century Fox CEO Tom Rothman, Rothman said the movie “will not be compromised either way,” and the studio would accept whatever the MPAA handed down. According to a pre-sale ticket stub, the MPAA has handed down an R-rating for Prometheus. I’m not sure if that automatically makes the movie better, but I’m happy for the opportunity to see an ambitious summer blockbuster with an R-rating. The last R-rated sci-fi summer blockbuster I can recall is 2003′s The Matrix Reloaded. However, it’s late and I’m tired, so I might be forgetting another R-rated summer sci-fi movie released since then. Prometheus opens in 3D on June 8th. Hit the jump to check out the ticket and the film’s trailer.

http://collider.com/...rated-r/164532/

kaZN6.gif

last post in this thread till release... godspeed

Edited by compson

well i saw the trailer in 3d before the Avengers and it looked really great. I've been waiting for a well done scary atmospheric movie in 3d and this looks like the one

hopefully it will be amazing, I am trying to keep my expectations in the realistic zone based on Ridleys more recent films, but the first trailer had me excited definitely. I am liking this page, feels safe. Just to be clear, everyone is spoiler tagging the spoilers right?

So apparently some spoilers came out after a person has seen an advanced screening. Is on prometheus news site.

some interesting bits

- Peter Weyland is an old guy on the ship, wants immortality

- Holloway(?) gets infected and impregnates Shaw

- Engineers tried to replicate a being they worship, but it all went wrong (xeno's? the trailer with the xeno in the wall seem to indicate this)

- Engineers been on Earth, only one survivor on the planet they visit, flashbacks with engineers

- Apparently very gory, humans get their asses kicked.

:yeah: Not checking this thread anymore untill I've seen the film, managed to stay away from the latest trailer as well :emotawesomepm9:

:yeah: Not checking this thread anymore untill I've seen the film, managed to stay away from the latest trailer as well :emotawesomepm9:

yeah, I started to watch the 2nd international trailer, then shut it off after a few seconds when it became apparent that it was "hey doods, here's the cliff notes version of the plot of Prometheus!"

So it at avengers movie and thought they were making a live action Dead Space movie.

Guest Gary C

Don't click.

According to a leaked call sheet, the android David's head is rolling around (decapitated but functional) whilst 'The Engineer' is plotting a course in the spacejockey chair. So David won't mutate into the spacejockey?

Edited by Gary C

I don't think it'll be good. I actually have trouble believing that Ridley Scott directed Blade Runner, because all of his other movies range from stupid but fun to stupid but stupid.

I don't think it'll be good. I actually have trouble believing that Ridley Scott directed Blade Runner, because all of his other movies range from stupid but fun to stupid but stupid.

lol. Get off your high horse. Thelma and Louis was a deep and soul-searching treatise on why hormonal women should all go kill themselves.

Some of you need to get over Bladerunner.

Obviously some of you think he hasn't made a decent film since, so why bother with Prometheus in the first place?

I never understand the mindset of being negative over things that haven't even happened yet. Fuck that.

Edited by beerwolf

lol. Get off your high horse. Thelma and Louis was a deep and soul-searching treatise on why hormonal women should all go kill themselves.

golfclap

Apparently there's been some doubt cast on the spoilers I posted earlier. Who knows. I am glad that I don't get bothered by spoilers as some do.

the spoilers you listed are only the tip of the iceberg of what was leaked in the long synopsis 6 months ago, which is now more or less confirmed.

Edited by Awepittance

Apparently there's been some doubt cast on the spoilers I posted earlier. Who knows. I am glad that I don't get bothered by spoilers as some do.

the spoilers you listed are only the tip of the iceberg of what was leaked in the long synopsis 6 months ago, which is now more or less confirmed.

What synopsis, the one that was posted earlier in this thread with some time travel shit?

What synopsis, the one that was posted earlier in this thread with some time travel shit?

not sure if it was posted in this thread, but it involved

the android character being the only one who doesnt get infected, since he is not human.

each human character turns into a mutated monster and turns against the other hunmans

they are actually on earth, not an alien planet, but set billions of years in the past before life's beginnings on earth. they realize this at the end of the movie.

the android character's biology is absorbed by the intelligence of the space jockeys and they use him as the framework for man on earth, he is essentially 'adam' from the bible. . There was a lot more in the synopsis but this is all i remember

Edited by Awepittance