IGNORED

BoC updated their website

zlemflolia

I certainly didn't know, because honestly, who checks the BoC website on a regular basis?

there are tools for this :emotawesomepm9:

Ye, like the OP.

ZING!

OK, gotta admit - that made me LOL hard. :emotawesomepm9:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gravity

White it may not seem like much, i think it's reasonable to conclude that the update to the website is a sign that the band is still an ongoing concern.

Apparently they've resorted to selling promo copies of their early albums to stay afloat. :boc:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Boards-Canada-TWOISM-Music70-promo-1995-Vinyl-/250759685557?pt=UK_Records&hash=item3a627125b5

• 2 months later...

I'd be very surprised if BoC chose April 1 to make any sort of announcement...

It would be kind of funny / disturbing though :emotawesomepm9:

Warp Records Presents: Boards of Canada - April Fools, the newest double album release from the duo re-awakens memories of playing in the springtime as a child. The vocoded synths and washed out pads give the feel of April showers. A slow builder that blooms to life by the end of the album, leaving the calming nostalgia of May flowers. :boc:

Coming April 1st 2011

I'm going to put this right next to Konklaver and Kiosk on my display mantle.

The brothers Sandison (Micheal and Marcus Eoin) have been responsible for the melting of bleep-ears since 1995. Their outer-limits music has inspired one of the most devoted fanbases in modern music. A musical influence seeps through the clouds into countless studios across the globe. To fully communicate the power of Boards' broken-psychedelia is nigh on impossible. It is therefore necessary to consume their flawless catalogue, soak in its hazy hues, bathe in a forgotten sonic dream-scape and pray for the next transmission from beyond Hexagon stars...

The brothers Sandison (Micheal and Marcus Eoin) have been responsible for the melting of bleep-ears since 1995. Their outer-limits music has inspired one of the most devoted fanbases in modern music. A musical influence seeps through the clouds into countless studios across the globe. To fully communicate the power of Boards' broken-psychedelia is nigh on impossible. It is therefore necessary to consume their flawless catalogue, soak in its hazy hues, bathe in a forgotten sonic dream-scape and pray for the next transmission from beyond Hexagon stars...

swoon

Archived