IGNORED

Ready

Guest theSun

I think a lot of people are going to learn to love their 2010 output as time goes on. Me personally, I loved the new stuff they put out but I do hope a return to something more percussive occurs

I just want to hear something that sounds like someone exploring what they can do with sound/gear again. I want to hear something that sounds like the person who made it had discovered something new, was continually being surprised with what they were doing.

That's interesting, that's literally how I feel about Oversteps and Move Of Ten

likewise. there's a lot of excitement in oversteps, you can tell they were discovering directions they had never gone in before. i've been a fan since confield-era, and confield is still my favorite album, but i love steps&motley and i love the reverb-cloud sound. it clicks really well for me. i actually like the most directionless tracks, like pt2ph8, qplay, and iris was a pupil, the best. they put me in such a calm, focused, open state of mind. i'd love to have patches of my own which could generate tracks like those - i could probably live happily forever just tweaking them and playing out the results.

Maybe it's a different kind of surprise and I'm listening from the consumerist gear whore mindset that they've grown out of.

Aeffect. Listen again. READ THE RULES.

Seriously, though, maybe I've just been arrogant about my perception of this one. I'll listen again this weekend, maybe I'll hear something new.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sean Booth is sitting opposite me at the moment and he showed me a calculator saying "80085", so I think a new album is on the way.

lmao.

I've been getting into Autechre again lately. It's been like a great old friend who's moved back into town again after years. I can't tie this analogy into wanting a new album though.

At this point I'd be content with an hour of a 3kHz sine wave if it came from their gear. Guess I shouldn't jinx it though...

Ae puts music out on the reg. It hasn't even been a full 2 years since Move Of Ten.

Plus it's not like I've memorized every second of the Quaristices yet. Patience.

I am ready, man. Ready to get it on. Check-it-out. I am the ultimate badass I am ready, man. Ready to get it on. Check-it-out. I am the ultimate badass

Somebody wake up Hicks.

Guest Kraldog

Autechre are only aphex twin so i wouldnt expect anything new for a while as hes quite busy being Clark, BoC, Himself, every other modern electronic music artist...

Guest theSun

since we know sean and rob are constantly lurking here, taking to heart our criticisms taking turns weeping in the corner about how sweepstakes isn't really digging overmoves, i think they will find it comforting that many of us are sporting boners waiting for new work.

bummp

since we know sean and rob are constantly lurking here, taking to heart our criticisms taking turns weeping in the corner about how sweepstakes isn't really digging overmoves

"i'll kick your head in. and your dad's. and all your brothers."

--peggy babcock

lol. I am eagerly waiting new work as well, it's just that after Overstumps I only have a semi. Hopefully upon fresh material I will have a full-on hard-on. That is if I'm not a impotent, hard-of-hearing septuagenarian by the time new material is released.

Maybe if by consensus you mean the speculation of a couple people. 6852 sounds melodically post-Quaristice, if you ask me.

ts1a gives me grime/2step vibes a little bit, so i feel like it can't be that old if that's the case.

2 step's been around for about 14 years or so. I remember listening to it when I was young.

Guest Balance

they will give us the boner when they want to and i'm sure they don't give a fuck about what people want, thank god!

but ready

Archived