IGNORED

Spokes

Guest nene multiple assgasms

why didn't anyone tell me this was so fucking good? this is my favorite plaid album so far, although I still haven't gotten rest proof clockwork.

Guest ruiagnelo

why didn't anyone tell me this was so fucking good? this is my favorite plaid album so far, although I still haven't gotten rest proof clockwork.

it's Plaid.

a different feeling would had been pretty much impossible to arise.

I still haven't gotten rest proof clockwork.

:ohmy:

Its good aye. Did you not take notice when we were all jerking off over plaid. Thats wasnt for no reason.

Get Rest Proof.

Get P-Brane

p-brane was one of the first things I ever got by them.

Spokes is nearly 8 years old now. P-Brane is even older. just goes to show the quality of their tracks.

some electronic/IDM-type music gets old really really quickly and you don't find yourself ever listening to it much again. but i can still enjoy Plaid and all the early Black Dog stuff yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears, even decaaaaaaaaaaaaaaades, later. :)

spokes is GREAT!! it is really very different in sound compared to their other albums and/but opens up great new perspectives for my rusted heavy metal ears...(oh yes Slayer was the shit)

theres very few tracks as beautiful as marry.

b born droid does it for me.

Also, get Heaven's Door when you get the chance. For me it completely stands on its own. And its becoming close to a favourite.

It might be an unfashionable point of view, but I think Spokes is my fave Plaid album as well. Marry, Even Spring, Zeal are particularly awesome. The only track on it I have little time for is Get What You Gave.

Spokes is definitely up there. Fantastic stuff, along with the aforementioned Heaven's Door.

Parts in the Post is great too, a somewhat underrated album, imo.

A further installment wouldn't go amiss either, and there are a hell of a lot more remixes that they could choose from (licensing permitting etc). Out of the staple artists of this board, Plaid's remixes are the only ones that I can ever really be bothered with somehow.

A further installment wouldn't go amiss either, and there are a hell of a lot more remixes that they could choose from (licensing permitting etc). Out of the staple artists of this board, Plaid's remixes are the only ones that I can ever really be bothered with somehow.

I completely agree-- while the Aphex and Autechre remixes are quite nice, Plaid's are just heavenly... especially that Bjork remix.

• 6 months later...
Guest ruiagnelo

Spokes listening in preparation. all plaid listening in preparation for Scintilli.

Go for it mate! You will find some of the best music to have been created in the last years!

One of the greatest albums I've ever heard.

Truly mind boggling work. i never realized Plaid was this good, and I've been listening to them for 12 years or so.

So now I must re-evaluate all Plaid work. No question anymore that these guys were on the same level as the other featured artists here, for me.

One of the greatest albums I've ever heard.

Truly mind boggling work. i never realized Plaid was this good, and I've been listening to them for 12 years or so.

So now I must re-evaluate all Plaid work. No question anymore that these guys were on the same level as the other featured artists here, for me.

imo, they're better than Aphex Twin, BoC, and SP. and are on a par with Autechre, for brilliance, innovation and quality over the last 20 years. they're truly one the great(s) IDM/electronic artists, even though they don't act like it and a lot of people don't realise it. it is a fact. :) Big up! :sorcerer:

"better" is probably the wrong choice of word, although i do like them better. :)

SP is awesome live and has done/released loads of wicked and varied stuff.

Aphex's DJ/live sets are always pretty amazing. i'm not much of a fan of the whole Analord/Tuss thang, tho. i like some of the tracks but just not much into others at all. but Druqks is a masterpiece. and going back after that it's hit 'n miss, for me. - has to be said i spose that these 2 (^) are better live than Plaid are.

Autechre, a lot of what they do just sounds like some fucked up, twisted Blade Runner soundtrack. which is/can be very interesting, but also quite dull and samey. - oh, it's morrrrrrrre Autechre being Autechre...? suprise! - can make me yawn sometimes. - their last decade of output has been like this for me.

and BoC, aren't really even worth mentioning anymore... imo.

:two cents:

anyway, yeah, Spokes is an excellent album and definitely deserves more attention...

Archived