IGNORED

Jello (Bola) - Voile

homecharlie

I've owned this album for a long time, but only got around to it yesterday... I delayed in part because I figured that it would be inferior to the albums under the Bola moniker, ala Shapes. This album surprised me, though, it's totally awesome. It has elements of Fyuti and Gnayse, but it also feels freer than either of those two albums. If you've been avoiding it like I did, you should give it a shot.

And what ever happened to Ambrosia? I thought it was supposed to come out last year.

It's on par with the rest of Bola's work. I'd say Neph is my favourite track.

Check the sparse piano remix of Neph by Autechre.

I remember when I first got this years ago... that remixed confused me... I thought for a while that it was misprinted.

I think I even started a thread here about it asking for clarity.

I haven't heard it for quite a few years so could be way off the mark but isn't their remix basically just the piano part of the track with everything else muted ?

I have more than half-drunken memories of Chamchimzee playing while my mate showed us an awesome Swedish lesbian threesome video. Since then, Jello has been as far removed from Bola as any musical artists could be from each other, same person or not.

I haven't heard it for quite a few years so could be way off the mark but isn't their remix basically just the piano part of the track with everything else muted ?

Don't cheapen this pete, it's an Autechre Remix, ffs.

I haven't even checked out gnayse yet...

I think that Gnayse is a little over-polished, somehow. Also, there's not much variety in mood throughout the album; the whole thing is very dark and serious, save maybe the last song. It's still very good (especially Vhieneray and Papnwea), but I don't like it as much as Soup, Fyuti, or Kroungrine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGAT5QmgV4s

• 1 year later...

Greg got some really good remixes for that album.

Bola and related stuff has been some of my favorite music over the last 5-7 years. Never get tired of his releases.

He really did. I bought the 7" with the bola and Black Dog remixes and he threw in a copy of the remix album because of a delay. Really a top bloke.

I really need someone to recommend 2 or 3 albums I should get, Ive just got a mix of loose tracks at the moment.

i listen to fyuti and gnayse on regular basis. the artworks are very pretty and they enhance the experience for me. voile is my third favorite. 'neph' is very lovely trac

He really did. I bought the 7" with the bola and Black Dog remixes and he threw in a copy of the remix album because of a delay. Really a top bloke.

I really need someone to recommend 2 or 3 albums I should get, Ive just got a mix of loose tracks at the moment.

Bola - Soup and Fyuti

Jello - Voile.

Sorted.

Then you can decide if you want to delve into the rest.

Archived