IGNORED

Reality Check

Joyrex

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so if I purchase the members plus thing... I can really delete my posts? I have some old shit I want to get rid of, not just WANT but NEED to get rid of, I don't want google searches to lead people here. so I can delete old posts if I pay? I'll definitely make a purchase if I can delete some/most of my old posts

so if I purchase the members plus thing... I can really delete my posts? I have some old shit I want to get rid of, not just WANT but NEED to get rid of, I don't want google searches to lead people here. so I can delete old posts if I pay? I'll definitely make a purchase if I can delete some/most of my old posts

You could, but we discourage mass-deletion of posts/threads. In fact, if we see you abusing the feature, we can and will remove that particular ability from you. That goes for any of the "enhanced abilities" paid subscriptions give you.

JR - maybe you could ask the tapatalk developers what's going on with your failed update. they have a forum. http://www.tapatalk....isplay.php?f=56

You could, but we discourage mass-deletion of posts/threads. In fact, if we see you abusing the feature, we can and will remove that particular ability from you. That goes for any of the "enhanced abilities" paid subscriptions give you.

"enhanced abilities" :lol:

one page ago in this very thread, people were complaining about how thousands of their posts were deleted - your response was that it was possibly due to your personal "futzing around with the admin panel," lol. clearly you don't take too kindly to mass post/thread deletion.

• 2 weeks later...

JR - maybe you could ask the tapatalk developers what's going on with your failed update. they have a forum. http://www.tapatalk....isplay.php?f=56

"enhanced abilities" :lol:

one page ago in this very thread, people were complaining about how thousands of their posts were deleted - your response was that it was possibly due to your personal "futzing around with the admin panel," lol. clearly you don't take too kindly to mass post/thread deletion.

No, not their posts, their post count - the only time we've mass-removed threads was when we moved hosts and had to trim down the database - Chaosmachine explained it long ago...

And Tapatalk is working - I did get the Tapatalk techs to look at the issue, but they've yet to tell me what the issue was...

• 1 month later...

if you just type "watmm" in your address bar, it takes you to watmm.com in most situations.

it's kinda non-functional for a front page, particularly on my phone :\

it'd be good to get those text links back before reddit steals our spot on google. they also help google set appropriate secondary links in the results, right now sup's blog posts are still coming up.

N0icq.png

something like this would be a vast improvement:

PQw17.png

I just did that in photoshop, but it wouldn't be hard to modify the old html:

http://web.archive.o.../www.watmm.com/

the important thing is to have those keywords and text links on the page, for googlebot and for easy navigation.

LOL @ googling to go to websites... why not just type watmm.com in the address bar, and click the text on the page? Did you even bother clicking?

at this point in immediate results portable technology it's actually easier to google shit especially with voice activated searching. At least thats what my laziness makes me think

if you just type "watmm" in your address bar, it takes you to watmm.com in most situations.

it's kinda non-functional for a front page, particularly on my phone :\

it'd be good to get those text links back before reddit steals our spot on google. they also help google set appropriate secondary links in the results, right now sup's blog posts are still coming up.

N0icq.png

something like this would be a vast improvement:

PQw17.png

I just did that in photoshop, but it wouldn't be hard to modify the old html:

http://web.archive.o.../www.watmm.com/

the important thing is to have those keywords and text links on the page, for googlebot and for easy navigation.

OK, OK... so much for being avant garde with the frontpage... I like that layout a lot - I'll see if I can get to it this weekend. Thanks for the input!

• 3 weeks later...

more green text over black backround please

While ironically it would be akin to another green and black website that sat dormant for years... I'm not a big fan of the colour combo.

• 1 month later...

Your credit or debit card has been declined for this transaction; PayPal could not validate the card. Please verify that the information you entered is correct, or try a different credit or debit card.

what the hell man, tried with 2 diferent cards .|.

Apparently Portugal is bankrupt. Good luck with that.

lol

• 2 weeks later...

"goodbye fred" is closed but i'd really like to have your opinion about hiding genban from google like the ltm subforum, joyrex. hoodie mentioned ad revenues and although i have no clue how the ad things work for you i have a feeling that a couple of donation campaigns might be able to compensate.

Why would Gen Ban be hidden from Google searches?

EDIT: Ah, I read what you and Hoodie were talking about in the Fred thread - actually, blocking Google indexing from GenBan probably wouldn't do much to the VigLink affiliate referrals since the majority of those comes from the Artist Subforums and the Record Crate (people linking Ebay auctions, etc.)

However, if you're implying blocking GenBan from Google indexing so the NSFW content can come back, no, I'm not going to do that - it's not only Google searches I don't want NSFW content coming up on, but people browsing as well - there's simply no need or place for it here.

I've been meaning to ask, how come the donation meter says the current goal amount is for Sep 2011?

Quite simply because May, June, July, and August's hosting is already paid for...? I thought I was clear about that, hence why I put the month? :derp:

Archived