IGNORED

David Lynch to open real-life Club Silencio

usagi

from FACT mag

Well, all we know at this stage is that will be located on the Rue Montmartre in Paris (unlike its fictional forebear, which was found down a windswept LA backstreet), and is set to house a concert hall, restaurant, library and cinema. Lynch himself has designed the clubs interior, telling the New York Times, I enjoy how architecture and design create mood.

An eye-witness report of the new space comes from Rob da Bank: I played at the amazing Social Club in Paris on Friday night with Spank Rock, he says. Just before I DJed, the promoters took me downstairs for a sneak peek at the eye-opening Club Silencio, a very cool underground club/cinema/bar/hangout which none other than David Lynch has designed… even down to the chairs and the bonkers wood pixel roof. When the club does open this will be one of the hottest places to hang out worldwide and when Mr Lynch himself hosts some nights in the autumn I intend to be at the front of the queue…

I like David Lynch but I can totally picture this place being inundated with tards

Club_silencio.jpg

i'm totally fine with this. i bet i'd change my tune as soon as i see some of the regular visitors, but so far, i'm sold.

inlandempirescream2.jpg

I heard there will be no bands playing, only tape-recordings

:emotawesomepm9:

Don't see the big deal tho, Lynch can do whatever he pleases

I'm more bothered by him when he does advertisements for Gucci handbags or whatever :facepalm:

Also, best movie ever. Fuck the haters.

Guest the anonymous forumite

I like David Lynch but I can totally picture this place being inundated with tards

and expensive as hell. This will become a chain, like a hard-rock cafés and other douchebags heavens. Hey look at my t-shirt, I went to the Silencio Club. :facepalm:

Guest the anonymous forumite

I can't imagine the club being any worse than that stupid movie.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. that movie was awful.

Yeah Inland Empire was awful.

Mulholland Drive :nelson:

and expensive as hell. This will become a chain, like a hard-rock cafés and other douchebags heavens. Hey look at my t-shirt, I went to the Silencio Club. :facepalm:

i think you're confusing david lynch for a director of hard rock cafe-level popularity. maybe you're confusing club silencio with this shit:

cantina.jpg

there's already one of these in coolville. been there loads of times. :sup:

Always take the #1 bus to coolville :cool:

You can also get there from the A train.

I enjoy his movies, man.

Even after his lengthy career where he's gained a considerable amount of acclaim, I can't shake the feeling that he's literally retarded.

Archived