IGNORED

JAZZ - THE THREAD

halisray

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is gonna sound kind of lame but after watching Homeland i want to get into jazz (hahaha i know how lame that sounds trust me)

I guess i want to ask jazz fans here if they know of jazz artists similar to Tomasz Stańko (the guy who made the Homeland theme song)

sorry if this request is lame, thanks.

This is gonna sound kind of lame but after watching Homeland i want to get into jazz (hahaha i know how lame that sounds trust me)

I guess i want to ask jazz fans here if they know of jazz artists similar to Tomasz Stańko (the guy who made the Homeland theme song)

sorry if this request is lame, thanks.

I think you want (early, electric) Bill Frisell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any recommendations on slow, moody jazz? Doesn't have to be dark like Bohren & Der Club of Gore, but along those lines.

Edit: like the 'Batman Blues' and 'Snowfall' pieces that delet... posted. Guess I need to check out some Henry Mancini.

Edited by Tauhid

Anyone have any recommendations on slow, moody jazz? Doesn't have to be dark like Bohren & Der Club of Gore, but along those lines.

Tomasz Stanko:

Don Byas:

Jan Johansson:

Edited by triachus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...