IGNORED

casey anthony not guilty

vamos scorcho

from what i gather the whole case was pretty much circumstantial evidence? one of those "maybe she did it but you really cant prove anything so STFU and stop watching the news" things.

pretty much. people are seriously furious about it - 'the justice system has failed us!'

yuno.jpg

IDK, it's just one more thing to bitch about for me - the power of the TV set in full force

Guest nene multiple assgasms

from what i gather the whole case was pretty much circumstantial evidence? one of those "maybe she did it but you really cant prove anything so STFU and stop watching the news" things.

exactly. they didn't even prove that she was murdered much less who did it. you can't always get the bad guy.

definitely going to post this thread subtitle in the youtube comments which are coming 1 per second or so right now

lol. youtube comments.

I had literally have literally associated the case as "that bullshit on the top of my google news feed" for months. She's getting sentenced for not reporting the kid missing right? Yeah it's sad, kid dead, mom's a white trash skank blah blah blah...

What's next for the 24 hr news cycle? I mean, they can only have explain to dumb people that not guilty means "the jury couldn't find the evidence" and not "she's innocent" for a couple days.

If you are about to sentence someone to death, you better have a waterproof case. This did not, even if it's pretty obvious she was somehow involved in it all. But what can you do.

yeah, evidence is crucial. Yet they would have convicted if she wasn't a pretty young whitey, i bets.

Also it was funny when her brother took the stand and was weeping because no one had let him in on what was happening.

I wasn't following this case, but i watch nbc nightlynews every now and again.

rundown:

- bitch had sex with tons o dudes

- had a baby and didn't know who the father was

- wanted to have tons more sex with tons more dudes so killed the baby and threw it in the swamp

- partied, had tons more sex with tons more dudes, got a tattoo

- people started getting suspicious that the baby was gone

- she lied a bunch

- trial (she lied a ton more)... she also shows that she is clearly a sociopath

- she got acquitted for murder but found guilty of lying... people's minds = :wtf:

- her lawyers partied

rundown:

- wanted to have tons more sex with tons more dudes so killed the baby and threw it in the swamp

- she lied a bunch

- she got acquitted for murder but found guilty of lying... people's minds = :wtf:

- her lawyers partied

perfect. if the news were like this I might actually pay attention to it.

can someone link me to a video about this, being from the uk i have no fucking clue what you guys are on about

also who the fuck would have a name like casey anthony, seriously

america

there are months worth of news devoted to this, with a shitload of followers. and people just like camping outside the place. a major part of me wishes i could say i have no idea who casey anthony is but my Mom had been talking about it for like a year before the final verdict.

rundown:

- she lied a bunch

- her lawyers partied

top notch reporting

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

its weird because i read the news daily but this story passed me by completely. i saw people being outraged on facebook and didnt know what they were on about.

the part about her car trunk/boot stinking like corpse is kinda weird.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Had to dig around to even find a story on this. Strange stuff but I don't know how you could expect a guilty verdict on it.

you would expect a guilty verdict for this reason:

you've been watching the TV set for 10 hours a day and Nancy Grace said so.

since nobody here knows much about it it seems irrelevant, i'm glad it's over and dont want to think about it much more.

basically this was like the OJ simpson trial except somehow far more vapid

I've been sitting through everyone I live with watching this case go on day after day on HLN, and I'll be honest that unlike most people I’m relieved that this is the verdict that was reached.

Thank the Founding Fathers’ that the jury has to be secluded from the media. Most people's opinion on this case has been shaped solely based on the constant yammering on by former prosecutor Nancy Grace and her various clones on all the news outlets out there. The totally one sided coverage of the case, convicting her as guilty by circumstantial evidence for the sake of ratings, and knowing full well that most people will hang someone based on rumor and conjecture was irresponsible and unprofessional at best, and a travesty of unbiased news reporting and how American's view the Justice System at worst.

Americans have a penchant for seeing those on the defense as guilty just for being put in the seat, and it killed me a little inside every day when this prejudice was preyed upon by the media, and most of all that most of the people I know and love were completely willing to burn someone at the stake without taking in all of the facts and taking themselves out of the equation. There was no way to know what happened to that child, and there’s no direct evidence of to what actually happened to her.

I'm glad that the Justice system still works. Nothing the prosecution said convinced me of what happened to Casey Anthony's child, and there were too many holes and possibilities as to what happened. I would have voted not guilty well beyond a reasonable doubt based on just the prosecution’s case. To critique the defense, they did a very poor job pointing out these holes; buying into the prosecution’s reliance of assassinating Casey’s character and not providing physical evidence.

The whole case was pretty terrible, and I’m very glad it’s over. Unfortunately as I type this, I have to overhear Nancy Grace eat crow and continue rail on about her absolute guilt with such banter as “The jury has to live with their decision”. It’s insane, and quite sad that this is what we consider journalism, and that most people have bought into this and have personally convicted someone they don’t know.

I agree with Vamos on this one (shocking) You can't blame the jury for the lack of evidence presented. You can't convict someone on a gut feeling.

Car smelling like corpse + borrowing shovel from neighbor + constantly lying herself into a corner + partying & getting "Beautiful Life" tattoo just after it all happened + no noticeable grieving or sadness + her daughter's cadaver was found with duct tape over the mouth and and a little heart sticker on it = VERY weird. But not enough to put her away.

The gross part is that she will now probably get rich from people offering huge amounts of cash for interviews and possible book / film opportunities.

can someone link me to a video about this, being from the uk i have no fucking clue what you guys are on about

also who the fuck would have a name like casey anthony, seriously

FLORIDA

sorry to fixt, but it's really a Florida thing.

(In case it wasn't clear, my gut feeling is that she did it, and that's based on facts, not media hype. But the prosecution couldn't prove it.)

Interesting case / story though.

Archived