IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I'm listening to 'Rest Proof Clockwork' by Plaid for the first time and am not really feeling it. It seems to me that their later albums are much stronger. Probably need to give this one time.

I suppose this isn't really a problem though. I am just getting a heavy ninjatune downtempo hiphop/scratch vibe on the first few tracks which is an aesthetic that rarely stimulates me much...

Wait, 'Gel Lab' just picked up and this is pretty cool!

hmm i don't know much about that label but you should check out something wicked this way comes form the herbaliser, i recall liking that album a lot

Yeah, I've never given Herbaliser much of a chance... Figured they'd be fully ensconced in that lounge/instrumental/hip-hop rhodes piano sound... Tastes can change over time though... I used to think that all Hawaiian music was dreadful but I purchased an Israel Kamakawiwo'ole album called 'Facing Future' recently and I actually quite enjoy it.

I'm struggling in this accounting course... Some taxation issues aren't making sense to me.

I don't understand why my solutions manual shows a loss from discontinued operations net of tax when calculation earnings per share. A loss is an internal measurement and doesn't involve tax which is an outside expense... Also for some reason earnings per share isn't calculated using preferred dividends which is the standard calculation, (net income - preferred dividends)/common shares outstanding.

theres no hints in my course material and I can't find a clear answer online >.<

Any accountants on WATMM to the rescue?

Edited by StephenG

I'm not an accountant, but wouldn't it be because the loss from discontinued operations includes both the loss from operations plus the loss from disposal?

I dunno if perusing this helps (I'm assuming you're using Wiley - it's pretty standard no?)

http://books.google.ca/books?id=uaN9WM8VXA8C&pg=RA2-PT620&lpg=RA2-PT620&dq=discontinued+operations+equals+a+loss&source=bl&ots=BgrPwPUt83&sig=A6jPMb3dG3cNIAi-w9ntwKzqSWA&hl=en&sa=X&ei=neO_UsC7CsvjoATF04DABg&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=discontinued%20operations%20equals%20a%20loss&f=false

Guest extherium

Finished my postgraduate degree at the same time work in my field dried up almost completely. Will likely have to take a retail job or something. Had to give up non-essentials like beer and doing cool stuff with friends.

Finished my postgraduate degree at the same time work in my field dried up almost completely. Will likely have to take a retail job or something. Had to give up non-essentials like beer and doing cool stuff with friends.

What did you post graduate in?

Thanks Chen! (sorry for some reason quoting your original post doesn't work. Quote function hasn't worked for me for a while).

That link actually helps and your explanation is actually pretty close (see note 25b)! :beer:

Thanks Chen! (sorry for some reason quoting your original post doesn't work. Quote function hasn't worked for me for a while).

That link actually helps and your explanation is actually pretty close (see note 25b)! :beer:

Glad to be of help. Doing homework at this time of year sucks donkey balls (I'm still writing papers).

Guest disparaissant

my gf really can't stand metal of any sort, much less black metal. so i can't really listen to my wolves in the throne room and deafheaven records i just got without annoying the shit out of her :(

otoh, i am getting her to like aphex twin by pretty much constantly spinning the richard d. james album.

my gf really can't stand metal of any sort, much less black metal. so i can't really listen to my wolves in the throne room and deafheaven records i just got without annoying the shit out of her :(

otoh, i am getting her to like aphex twin by pretty much constantly spinning the richard d. james album.

Same thing here, although my own personal gf responds fairly well to Squarepusher, which seems to make her lol a bit (but Ceephax is too silly).

She knows me and Ae are a package deal, but plz no Gantz Graf in the wedding mix.

i have a great idea for a dupe for BDB but i'm afraid i'll just fuck it up with relatively poor english.

lol do it, your english is fine.

nah i don't think so, it really needs that zaphodian level of writing elaboration. basically the idea was to create a theocide mk II, a dupe that will sort of mimic a real theocide but will be better than him in every way.. jokes, better irl successes, better disses of other members and so on.

Edited by eugene

i make hundreds of cash my own way, but decided to get a job my mate said was going to expand my horizons and get some actual job experience, ive now been working 5 10-12 hour shifts a week as a kp with no break, and im ready to actually cut my wrists instead of turning up for another 12-cls, which means working 10 hours sraight till the kitchen shuts, and then a 3 hour brutal clean up.

i would just walk the fuck out but i promised my mate who got me the job i wouldnt fuck him over.

fuck jobs.

dayum kp is a shitty job. you should take a fucking break mate.. it's your right. all kitchen work is brutal but just make sure you make it clear that you want to progress so you're not stuck in the pot wash until you quit.

i have a great idea for a dupe for BDB but i'm afraid i'll just fuck it up with relatively poor english.

lol do it, your english is fine.

nah i don't think so, it really needs that zaphodian level of writing elaboration. basically the idea was to create a theocide mk II, a dupe that will sort of mimic a real theocide but will be better than him in every way.. jokes, better irl successes, better disses of other members and so on.

lol yeah, that would be too much for me and english is my first language.

Edited by DerWaschbar