IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

one of the well-documented side effects of testicle error is kiddyfiddling actually, so it's all interrelated.

And testicle errors are often caused by being interrelated, so it's a catch 22 situation.

There was some talk radio program about pedophilia playing when my bandmate (who was driving me home) started her car earlier tonight.  After driving about one block she bursted into a musical theatre style song about child abuse and just kept going for like 5 minutes.  It was was really quite spectacular.  I chimed in with the occasional children's choir part, but it was definitely her magnum opus.

FWP is a can't think of any FWPs.

My Japanese fucking sucks, has for years, and I'm going to Japan pretty soon.

FWS: I'm just starting to realize maybe it's OK that my Japanese fucking sucks and the 500 or so words and 150 or so kanji that I kind of half-ass know are probably fine. Anyway, all the words I really care to know are for food, booze, and how to catch a ride. I don't want or need to understand conversations about jobs or kids or social climbing or what have you as long as I can cruise around with my PO-32 and scarf on lvsh snax.

Edited by sweepstakes

FWS: I'm just starting to realize maybe it's OK that my Japanese fucking sucks and the 500 or so words and 150 or so kanji that I kind of half-ass know are probably fine. Anyway, all the words I really care to know are for food, booze, and how to catch a ride. I don't want or need to understand conversations about jobs or kids or social climbing or what have you as long as I can cruise around with my PO-32 and scarf on lvsh snax.

how soon are you going?  the tokyo festival of modular is this weekend.. i think it starts thursday.  it'll be fun and probably some good live performances at night.  

how soon are you going? the tokyo festival of modular is this weekend.. i think it starts thursday. it'll be fun and probably some good live performances at night.

Oh, not that soon. Sounds cool though.

somehow I managed to visit www.for.com once (treasure trove of a site, btw) and now whenever I type in "for" + Enter to get to the WATMM frontpage it ends up there instead.

somehow I managed to visit www.for.com once (treasure trove of a site, btw) and now whenever I type in "for" + Enter to get to the WATMM frontpage it ends up there instead.

lol I had a similar issue but I think it was for a different site. Anyway I'm pretty sure there's a way to remove for.com from your history so your browser doesn't autocomplete to that.

I have had an idea for a book I wanted to write for a long time. The main drive for wanting to write it is a final scene, with a character reaching their journey's goal and giving a little speech, which would form the emotional heart of the book. It has never left my brain in all the years since I thought of it, and I have yearned to finally put it down into words. It was my white whale: something I thought I would never catch, and forever chase.

Well, in June / July or so, I started writing this yearned-for book in earnest, to actually get to this ending scene and its dialogue, to make it a real thing, to get it out there. And it's gone really well! On Monday, five months later, I come to write this final scene, to put down these words that have been floating in the grey matter for days and months and years and get the scene done, to write this perfect ending to a book I've dreamed about, to achieve it and own it, and...

It looks dumb written down. Like, super corny. So I delete it, and hey, the book suddenly feels better. Everything else is fine. Just that one bit that I dreamt of writing is the problem. White whale deleted.

So. The main reason I wrote the book after years of thinking about it is the first thing I edit out. Because it's a bit dumb.

last night i looked up pizzagate on youtube, just thought i'd look it up now, i know , just checking what it's all about now i guess i missed the thread on it. anyways, after many videos about it and other child sex trafficking videos i think i'm permanently scarred. 

like i can't not think about it, it's so fucked up. it just makes me feel like there's a lot less good in the world than i thought  :sad:

you mean because there are so many more cretins in the world than you previously thought?

last night i looked up pizzagate on youtube, just thought i'd look it up now, i know , just checking what it's all about now i guess i missed the thread on it. anyways, after many videos about it and other child sex trafficking videos i think i'm permanently scarred. 

like i can't not think about it, it's so fucked up. it just makes me feel like there's a lot less good in the world than i thought  :sad:

you mean because there are so many more cretins in the world than you previously thought?

page break

it just feels like that sometimes 

Edited by yek

trying to learn max since september. taking a class even. it's good. learning a lot. 

but i've made 3 or 4 attempts at a poly synth using poly~ and i'm ready to shit in my laptop and close the lid. none of them work even when they're step for step . for . object for object w/the tutorials. 

srsly cycling74 why is polyphony retarded in max? i thought i was of average intelligence but apparently i'm more dumberer than a lot of people on youtube. 

Max is too sophisticated for my ape brain. Think I'll play around more with Caustic on my phone instead.

there's a lot of objects. they all have their own arguments that need talking to. i've gone around the barn to get in the front door like 5 times before i realized i didn't have to make some complicated thing but could just make a message w/instructions in it to tell the object to do a thing. 

it's fun though.  i've meant to get into it for years but only now that there is a class a half mile from my house do i give it a go. 

Heheh I remember installing Max years ago, opening it up and being all like "how d'I make a sound?  Where d'I find da notes?  How do dis?"  And then I uninstalled it.  It was the only time an audio program wasn't self-explanatory to me, and I hate not being able to figure everything out without a manual/tutorial.  I should give it another shot, since music made by artists who are adept with it tends to be awesome.

there's a lot of objects. they all have their own arguments that need talking to. i've gone around the barn to get in the front door like 5 times before i realized i didn't have to make some complicated thing but could just make a message w/instructions in it to tell the object to do a thing. 

it's fun though.  i've meant to get into it for years but only now that there is a class a half mile from my house do i give it a go.

Yeah, all this. It's audio/data lego. You can hook up a couple sine waves, some number objects to control their frequency, a delay, and a little glue to connect them and get bonkers FM feedback stuff going with probably less than a dozen objects. You don't have to set up something super complex or hard to understand. And then you can dump all this into its own object so you can treat it like a black box, control it with other things, and you don't have to think about its guts if you don't want to. Sky's the limit but you can start really small and still have fun.

That said, I haven't really messed with it for about a year or so.

but i've made 3 or 4 attempts at a poly synth using poly~ and i'm ready to shit in my laptop and close the lid. none of them work even when they're step for step . for . object for object w/the tutorials. 

srsly cycling74 why is polyphony retarded in max? i thought i was of average intelligence but apparently i'm more dumberer than a lot of people on youtube. 

Haha yeah poly does my head in, still. One of these days I'm going to make my detuning 500 oscillator wasp nest synth or my self-healing fractional phase poly-LFO or my ultra chorus but I have to figure out how the hell poly works first...

Haha yeah poly does my head in, still. One of these days I'm going to make my detuning 500 oscillator wasp nest synth or my self-healing fractional phase poly-LFO or my ultra chorus but I have to figure out how the hell poly works first...

probably contact aliens w/that patch. ;) 

max is a good thing. i think it'll be fun long term and something i can assemble and tweak and so on until i make something i feel is interesting enough to make a song with. taking this class was a good decision as i don't think i'd have gotten off my ass and started to learn it otherwise.  i think i just need to really figure out when it's best to send a message to a thing and what inlet and when i need to build some kind of logic function to make a thing happen. but there's a ton of tutorials on youtube and books and stuff so it's a head start i think compared to even 10 years ago.  wish i'd known someone using it in the 90s/00s. 

i think i have a cavity or something my tooth hurts like a bitch

tumblr_ojgtm6f5L21w0j5q1o1_500.gif

take some anti inflammatories.. advil or something w/ibuprofen in it.  if it persists make an appointment. teeth pain is some shit i can't handle for long. it's like a throbbing nerve brain. 

ren and stimpy.. those were the days...