IGNORED

Spiritualized - Sweet Heart Sweet Light

Redruth

http://www.dominorec...rt-sweet-light/

"When you make a record, it has to be the single most important thing in your world. This time around, I wanted to do something that encompassed all I love in rock ‘n’ roll music. It’s got everything from Brötzmann and Berry right through to Dennis and Brian Wilson. I’m obsessed with music and the way you put it together and I don’t believe there are any rules.”

So says J. Spaceman, commenting on the recording of his new album, “Sweet Heart Sweet Light,” which is due for release on Double Six March 19th.
Recorded over the past two years in Wales, LA and Reykjavik, and mixed for a year in the confines of his own home, “Sweet Heart Sweet Light” will unbelievably be Spiritualized’s seventh studio album and it promises to be one of the most eagerly anticipated releases of 2012. An inspiration and revelation to many well-known musicians, most recently the likes of Alex Turner, Elbow and Florence The Machine; Spiritualized continue to engage and impress musicians and fans alike. Taking musical risks is a hallmark of Spiritualized’s outlook. Witness them playing the new album unannounced, from start to finish, live at the Royal Albert Hall recently – something unheard of in today’s clamour for instant hit gratification. As J.Spacemen says ‘I don’t believe there are any rules’ and this album will testify to that.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

One of my favourite bands I lost touch with but still have a huge place in my heart. Need to catch up

I didnt realize people didnt like the last few albums. what did everyone think of 'let it come down'? personally i loved it. listening to it now and it still holds up minus a couple weak moments. next up ladies and gentlemen and see how it compares

from wikip

In an interview regarding the new release it was revealed that it will "embrace" more poppy songs compared to previous albums

I didnt realize people didnt like the last few albums. what did everyone think of 'let it come down'? personally i loved it. listening to it now and it still holds up minus a couple weak moments. next up ladies and gentlemen and see how it compares

at the time of release i loved let it come down. now it sounds a little over-egged to me. 45 zillion piece orchestras just for the sake of em. that being said, i saw them in amsterdam melkweg on that tour and it was one of the best gigs i've ever been to. ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space is the high water mark for me, and i suspect most people. a pretty much perfect album.

the second time i saw em live was here, in ireland. i shouted 'play electric mainline part 2!' and J said 'okay', and they did. i was ecstatic.

at the time of release i loved let it come down. now it sounds a little over-egged to me. 45 zillion piece orchestras just for the sake of em.

not for the sake of em, for the thickness of the sound. i think the version of lord can you hear me surpasses the sp3 version because of that orchestration

that being said, i saw them in amsterdam melkweg on that tour and it was one of the best gigs i've ever been to

yeah i saw them that tour too. incredible.

i put part of that down to thighpaulsandra who was the keyboardist on that tour and later became a very important part of coil's touring band. super underrated musician.

although i was sitting next to the stage, chainsmoking joints and passing em to jason. it was a very very fun night.

and i also ended up randomly making out with a really hot asian chick who sat next to me near the stage. fun times.

One of those bands that I never got my round.

Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space I always thought was waaaaay overrated, that was the first album I bought of there's, and tbh on the numourous occasions I have played it, my first impression stands. I always liked Cool Waves though.

The first 2 albums I have played and like them much, much more. I think if invested more time into them it would be worth it.

the expanded version of ladies and gentlemen has 2 discs of accapellas, different mixes, demos, strings, separate parts. usually i hate this kind of thing but this is quite something

One of those bands that I never got my round.

Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space I always thought was waaaaay overrated, that was the first album I bought of there's, and tbh on the numourous occasions I have played it, my first impression stands. I always liked Cool Waves though.

The first 2 albums I have played and like them much, much more. I think if invested more time into them it would be worth it.

the two 'works' compilations of oddities and singles and stuff are well well worth your while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcuzK8pxxfg

i'm 'avin that expanded version of ladies and gentlemen.

it's on spotify and as i say that usually drives me mad as i hate it when you listen to an album you know and then it keeps going after it should have finished. and usually its bsides and tracks that were culled for a good reason. no respect for the album. but 2nd and 3rd discs are fine with me

Guest nene multiple assgasms

have you heard any spacemen 3? if not, you should definitely check them out.

have you heard any spacemen 3? if not, you should definitely check them out.

very yes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest igloos unlmtd

Spiritualized without Sean Cook, Kate Radley, etc is like Richard Ashcroft without The Verve.

That era of Spiritualized was a real special thing. They had the best live shows... I really mean that, I think they were some of the best shows I've ever seen. I still treasure my glow in the dark Pure Phase cd.

LIke Ashcroft sans The Verve, you can expect a good song or two per Spiritualized album but nothing epic straight through start to finish.

Listening to this stream now. Its a weird album. The first song is way too long. Some surprising moments then some fairly monotonous uninspired ones too.

Guest Scubadevils

Went to the gig in Dublin a few weeks ago and it was really great, nice mixture of old stuff and obviously lots from the new album. Picked up the LP today and the sound on the first disc is really terrible... I'm assuming an issue with the copy I bought but will find out when I get a replacement in the store in a couple of days. Basically flat and lifeless sound on the LP1, LP2 perfect.

hey jane

heading for the top now

stands outs so far.

hey jane sounds like spiritualized by numbers though a wee bit

heard an interview with jason on npr fresh air or program and realized i had never heard him speak before. he has a strange voice. not a very interesting interviewer unfortunately so won't link it

Archived