IGNORED

Jon Hopkins - Immunity

Redruth

"A powerful, multi-faceted beast, packed with the most aggressively dancefloor-focussed music Hopkins has ever made, Immunity is about achieving euphoric states through music. Inspired by the arc of an epic night out, the album peaks with Collider, a huge, apocalyptic, techno monster and dissolves with the quiet, heartbreakingly beautiful closer, Immunity, a track featuring vocals from King Creosote which could sit comfortably alongside the gems of their Mercury-nominated collaboration, Diamond Mine."

[youtubehd]2JWNp5jsokQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtubehd]

domino http://www.dominorecordco.com/uk/albums/25-02-13/immunity

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like this could be another great album. Hard to tell form samples though, and some of the first songs sounded a little too much alike, but it got better so really looking forward to this! Insides was in rotation for a loong time when it came out. Need to give it a respin again.

This is great. Can't help but think I've spoilt it slightly by streaming beforehand but, fuck it I'm gonna get a tonne of use out of it when I get it.

Guest Rulohead32

I heard the first half of the album, I haven't had time to finish it, but it's great, so organic.

I've only listened to Insides previously. I feel like I was really into it for a bit, but now that it's been a while I can't really remember what it sounds like.

Samples for this sound good. I don't know, I think my tastes have changed. Maybe it's that so many people are making this type of music these days that I feel I've heard it all. This is probably not the right thread to talk about that. Except that while listening to the samples on Amazon, I like what I hear but I'm not motivated to actually listen to it at the moment. And it's not you, it's me.

Guest Rulohead32

I've heard the album and I've gotta say it's a brilliant piece, although I have to listen to it more. The track 5 is so calming and the last song reminds me of Sigur Rós.

I got this today and gave it a listen on my bike ride... gotta say I'm not so impressed. For sure I need to listen to it more, but it sounded very underwhelming compared to Insides. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

Guest oldenjon

Damn. Was sure that I'd favor the new BoC over this, but I'm really impressed. Also my favorite of the year so far

On the last track of my first pass. I was more into the first half of the album, something made me lose a bit of interest in the second half. I think it became too atmospheric and floaty or something. Further listening could help.

Archived