IGNORED

Jon Hopkins - Immunity

Redruth

Finally got around to giving this an attentive listen today... Brilliant stuff, definitely gonna have to keep this on the current heavy rotation along with the new BoC. "Breathe This Air" is great.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this sounds like a cross between clark and múm.

As you said that, Clark posted Form by Firelight on his Facebook-page. :) A track which definitely has a real Clark-crunch to it.

Just checked this guy out after seeing the boiler room. Him poking away at the Kaoss pads is kinda funny. The album is pretty sweet so far though. `

Having a listen to this now, so far so good, though the artisits name makes him sound like he should be a beardy folk singer lol.

Funny you should say that, he's married to one.

kingCreosote.jpg

On a live tip, my mate's been doing visuals for Jon over the last couple of years.

He's pretty excited about playing at the O2 on Tuesday as support to the Pet Shop Boys.

Would be grand to get a guesty, even though I've got tickets for Scout Niblett at Corsica already.

Hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked this album as a whole but the last two songs dont really do much for me. They don't have the same sort of kick that the former songs had. For the last two, i felt like Jon Hopkins was doing sort of a Helios rehash

I really liked this album as a whole but the last two songs dont really do much for me. They don't have the same sort of kick that the former songs had. For the last two, i felt like Jon Hopkins was doing sort of a Helios rehash

Have a listen to Diamond Mine by King Creosote and Jon Hopkins (unless it was the actual vocals on the title track you didn't like?)....they complement each other's work so well, though Immunity does seem like it's trying to emulate that LP's feel.

Such a beautiful LP, one of 2011's best, I reckon...if you like Kenny's voice that is!

Have a listen to Diamond Mine by King Creosote and Jon Hopkins (unless it was the actual vocals on the title track you didn't like?)....they complement each other's work so well, though Immunity does seem like it's trying to emulate that LP's feel.

Such a beautiful LP, one of 2011's best, I reckon...if you like Kenny's voice that is!

I liked all the individual elements but i didnt feel like they came together the same way the other tracks did, i feel like the last two tracks didn't explore themselves the same way the other tracks did, i cant really put my finger on it. This is the only Jon Hopkins material i've heard

I liked all the individual elements but i didnt feel like they came together the same way the other tracks did, i feel like the last two tracks didn't explore themselves the same way the other tracks did, i cant really put my finger on it. This is the only Jon Hopkins material i've heard

I ken what ye mean...Immunity is prob the weakest track on the LP....Diamond Mine will make yer heart sing though, in the most melancholy way...

I ken what ye mean...Immunity is prob the weakest track on the LP....Diamond Mine will make yer heart sing though, in the most melancholy way...

Looked it up on Discogs, says its Downtempo and Folk... should be interesting

• 2 weeks later...

if you like Kenny's voice that is!

lol it's an acquired taste, small doses for me. diamond mine is good stuff though...

[youtubehd]gAt4sk8znk4[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]M-Lr0igwLIY[/youtubehd]

Archived