IGNORED

The Flashbulb - Opus At The End Of Everything

chaosmachine

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha ha ha ha ha ha this is fucking terrible. I am honestly glad that he stopped making decent music, because I hate to imagine liking acidwolf, and not knowing that this ridiculously adolescent man was behind it.

Track 11 is a sick idea and awesomely executed. I know he uses cheesy sounding drum samples, but he always has...it's kinda his thing. I think the album sounds great. Some really beautiful tracks, well produced.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled pokes, jabs, and general hatred. We Are The Music Makers.

:watmm:

• 2 months later...

Not sure why there is so much hate for him. Maybe he's a bit of a jack-of-all trades as it were, and master of none, given the many different styles he uses. Either way, I think this is a solid album. It's better than Iradelphic

Awful cover art and a pretentious title. Album full of half-assed ideas all over the place? Yep, it's Teh Flahblub.

On some of his earlier albums I would certainly agree, but this one to me flows nicely. I guess it's just one of those albums i will listen to as a whole, rather than playlisting my favourite 3 or 4 tracks.

And I couldn't give 2 fucks about the name of an album

Guest CraniumXII

I like him enough to keep track of his work... But this album was all miss for me. I prefer the "Human Action Network" Flah-Blub, myself. This supposed change in direction, since "Soundtrack to a Vacant Life", hasn't helped. Wonder if he's following the path of good ol' Tom J. If so, hopefully his next one is a banger.

He's a better musician than most, IMO. So I keep track.

For a self proclaimed millionaire, that's a really bad suit.

yeah it looks pretty cheap doesn't it?

Wrong Forum. You are looking for We Are The Suit Makers. WATSM

hes always rubbed me the wrong way because he came on this forum because there was an overwhelming response to his track Bumblefuck, IL, thinking it was an AFX track. Then everyone and their mother on this forum bought his cd off of alphabasic or whatever, jizzing all over everything...but Benn denied ever setting up the "Afx track hoax"...it reeked of marketing....

He still makes a badass track from time to time, but on the whole Im not really a fan. Ive also heard some legendary stories about how much of an ass he is at live shows.

assuming his work in scoring and commercials is true, yeah, I could see him having a net worth of a million bucks or so.

Guest CraniumXII

hes always rubbed me the wrong way because he came on this forum because there was an overwhelming response to his track Bumblefuck, IL, thinking it was an AFX track. Then everyone and their mother on this forum bought his cd off of alphabasic or whatever, jizzing all over everything...but Benn denied ever setting up the "Afx track hoax"...it reeked of marketing....

He still makes a badass track from time to time, but on the whole Im not really a fan. Ive also heard some legendary stories about how much of an ass he is at live shows.

assuming his work in scoring and commercials is true, yeah, I could see him having a net worth of a million bucks or so.

Speculation is bad...

I respect him enough to follow. You'll get some good music from time to time... though his last few releases were quite mild, IMO. I was purchasing maybe one or two tracks from his last releases... but the last album... :wacko:

the millionaire speculation or the marketing speculation?

I dunno, add it up, introduction of Mark Hall, grandiose claims, you be the judge.

Oh shit wait, you weren't around then.

White knight from a distant land, producing sounds no man can grasp

Ahead of his time this knight was, noble dragon slayer never leaves his layer

--

When the revolution began the folk of the land asked him to behave the king

The brave knight with his thick-black frames marched towards the castle to slay the king the free the folk of land

--

The knight fought the King's guard, one by one he stab them all with his shine sword

Dragons and Giants at the King's command, witches and dwarfs the knight had to fight

--

Bloody and bruised the knight approached the king and told him to free the folk of land

The king in all his wisdom decided not to fight the brave knight

Instead he gave the Knight a riddle which the knight had to solve

If successful the king will step down from his throne, if unsuccessful the knight will be executed by dawn

--

"Heat or Night" the King asked the brave knight

--

The knight fought dragons and giants but could not answer the King's riddle correctly

--

The folk of land were not freed from the King's evil rule

But they'll always remember the knight's effort .. they will always remember and sing his name ..

THE FLASHBULB !

Guest CraniumXII

the millionaire speculation or the marketing speculation?

I dunno, add it up, introduction of Mark Hall, grandiose claims, you be the judge.

Oh shit wait, you weren't around then.

Mild sauce... Yeah, It's all irrelevant if the music is good.

As of now, I like approximately 5-6% of his music... Just saying there is some value in his music, marketing aside. Maybe someone will like it. So many people bash him, I'm giving a more neutral stance.

all I've heard of the flashbulb was Red Extensions of me, and I loved it. This sucks. Like really, it sounds shitty. Random, cheesy, pretentious. Fuck, wow.

kirlian selections is decent enough, it's the only one i can barely enjoy but i've not given it any listening in years. this opus at the end of everything quite possibly might be the worst electronic music album i've every heard. trashbulb

kirlian selections is decent enough, it's the only one i can barely enjoy but i've not given it any listening in years. this opus at the end of everything quite possibly might be the worst electronic music album i've every heard. trashbulb

Is this the first time troon has not praised an album?! Just joshin' Mr Redruth :emotawesomepm9:

Archived