IGNORED

Die Antwoord

Lucas

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

say what you want about their music, there's a LOT going on their about contemporary ZA culture, down to the ambiguous accent of the tour bus guide (not traditional black south african, much more eastern africa - ZA deals with huge immigration problems from rest of africa)

They know what the fuck they're doing... smart smart people

this is it. you can't just take DA's music at face value, because what they're about isn't just music. it's some weird amalgamation of a parody of ZA chav culture, and music (which incorporates sort of parodies of both rave and rap, whilst managing to remain very catchy), and all sorts of crazy visual things all mashed up into something with so many influences it's sort of hard to make sense of.

this is it. you can't just take DA's music at face value, because what they're about isn't just music. it's some weird amalgamation of a parody of ZA chav culture, and music (which incorporates sort of parodies of both rave and rap, whilst managing to remain very catchy), and all sorts of crazy visual things all mashed up into something with so many influences it's sort of hard to make sense of.

It seems like a very clever social experiment.

I mean, they don't seem to take themselves too seriously..

I don't want to be one of those guys that always brings the aphex angle into the equation but there just seems to be a lot of parallels between DA and an aphexian perspective.

Anyway I like DA and I fatty boom boom was funny as fuck lol

Yeah maybe I could. All these very actual influences and musical references might make it sound dated in some time. I didn't think about that comparison before and it actually makes sense to me. Although Die Antwoord imo push the non-sense weirdness and the self-derision further. I can't stop thinking (hoping) they'll break all that Zef retarded image one day and will evolve into something else. Their background and the bands they use to make suggest me it might be still possible.

That cameraman had to be a WATMMer. It's like he knew the exact shots that needed to be delivered to this thread; like he was licking her up and down with the perspective

lol guys i like her filthy little booty shake too but you have to be seriously sex starved to HOLYFUCK at a couple of seconds of skinny ass!! lol.

*pauses video at 36:43*

*masturbates furioulsy*

*pulls king prawn from japseye*

*applies lemon & garlic*

*devours*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived