IGNORED

Die Antwoord

Lucas

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Youtube comments the Gaga hating has a back story. I guess they are rebelling against their super celebrity potential in the same vein as Aphex although given the nature of their work they will never be able to stay out from in front of a camera.

the back story is that jimmy iovine, the head of interscope, asked them to open for lady gaga

they told him to fuck off, and left interscope pretty soon after

well good. I would probably cry in the corner if I started reading tabloids about what brand of underpants watkin wears. I have to wonder what their relationship dynamic is like to be okay with completely fictionalizing and sensationalizing their lives, though. But i guess they've been doing it for almost a decade so they probably like it.

According to the Youtube comments the Gaga hating has a back story. I guess they are rebelling against their super celebrity potential in the same vein as Aphex although given the nature of their work they will never be able to stay out from in front of a camera.

I would not say they show any rebellion about getting famous, for me they more look like they're enjoying it quite lot.

Well, they are famous but they aren't as famous as Gaga is what I meant. They are trying to maintain some aloofness from the spotlight and paying attention to with whom they are associated.

Well, they are famous but they aren't as famous as Gaga is what I meant. They are trying to maintain some aloofness from the spotlight and paying attention to with whom they are associated.

agreed!

just going to put it this way, gaga has said she isn't interested in making complex music. because quite simply the music isn't the whole picture. gaga is a conceptual performance artist who uses fine art techniques (such as art appropriation, an accepted art fomr that began in the early 1900's, or what you see as "copy'd straight from madonna) to build a complex ideology that revolves around a social critique about how we view fame, morality, materialism, and objectivity.

ZOLE

well good. I would probably cry in the corner if I started reading tabloids about what brand of underpants watkin wears. I have to wonder what their relationship dynamic is like to be okay with completely fictionalizing and sensationalizing their lives, though. But i guess they've been doing it for almost a decade so they probably like it.

i think ninja and yolandi are our generation's great love story. the harmony korine video shows how much they love each other.

i think ninja and yolandi are our generation's great love story. the harmony korine video shows how much they love each other.

So you think they are together?

I like DA but only in a music video format. I hardly listen to their music by itself and I don't think I am their audience anyway. They seem to be balancing a fine line between using the aesthetics and styles of mainstream music while poking fun at it on a subconscious level. Which is awesome and promotable but ultimately compromised to my ears. I hope they bait and switch as their popularity grows and get more polarizing, eventually transforming like a caterpillar to butterfly.

dunno. i just know that they need each other. ninja couldn't do his thing alone, yolandi couldn't do her thing alone. they're great together and they have this type of energy between each other that you really see in interviews. they're totally comfortable with each other and they're 100% into their music/style. i hope they're romantically involved, because they seem so perfect together.

dunno. i just know that they need each other. ninja couldn't do his thing alone, yolandi couldn't do her thing alone. they're great together and they have this type of energy between each other that you really see in interviews. they're totally comfortable with each other and they're 100% into their music/style. i hope they're romantically involved, because they seem so perfect together.

they used to be, they are no longer.

and you fucking nailed it, regardless.

Archived