IGNORED

Chuck Persons - A.D.D. Complete

Guest Aserinsky

Has anybody figured out which regions go with which color? And which B-side speeds go with which volume #? I see a black volume II on eBay right now, but I'm a little confused on the variations.

actually, do you guys know if the music is the same across all four versions? i'm not sure whether the sleeve color is the only difference (if so, who cares), but if each has different music, i'm a bit more curious to pick up more than one version.

Guest jasondonervan

OP states "They are presented on vinyl with a series of three randomized speedruns unique to three b-side versions of the 7". There are 5 sleeve colours out there:

• I - Black
  • II - White
  • III - Red
  • IV - Yellow
  • V - ???

Not sure which include the random b-sides.

Oh, and for any OPN fans interested - I threw up the original 'official' video for Pelham Island Road which has been missing in action for some time. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsvGOYUtAq8

For those who have the CP release already, is this on it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqg5YrtD87U

Fucking better be (if this is actually him) - This is great. Almost as great as End Of Life Entertainment Scenario #1.

You got any more links to stuff like that posted on channels other than sunsetcorp?

So the shop says out of stock by now. Oh well.

It's kind of strange that OPN helped start witch house but isn't really considered a part of it.

Fucking better be (if this is actually him) - This is great. Almost as great as End Of Life Entertainment Scenario #1.

You got any more links to stuff like that posted on channels other than sunsetcorp?

I don't think that that's actually by OPN. Sunsetcorp has that in his favorites somewhere.

Other channels to check out:

hundredollars:

brokenmachinefilms (this guy just makes the music videos, not the music):

boobbuttvagween:

If you get bored of this one, skip to 3:50 and watch it from there; the end is amazing.

http://youtu.be/t51bX5_pQNQ

99possums (mostly just music by Daytime Television, not many videos):

o0o0sink0o0o (these are uploads of demos, so most of the cool hauntology-ness is unintended, but still awesome):

youmakemesohappy:

Many of those guys have Facebook pages you might want to check out. They have links to other awesome artists. Jono Mi Lo has a ton of great stuff on his Facebook. Check out his likes.

brokenmachinefilms (this guy just makes the music videos, not the music):

now is a good time for me to say that, while I find barely-chopped-and-screwed edits of 80s music (which is a "thing" now for some reason) to be pretty weak if you want to be taken seriously as a musician, i do like 18 Carat Affair a lot.

now is a good time for me to say that, while I find barely-chopped-and-screwed edits of 80s music (which is a "thing" now for some reason) to be pretty weak if you want to be taken seriously as a musician, i do like 18 Carat Affair a lot.

Yeah, people are tired of it, but I think that if it sounds good then whatever. I mean, if you're selling it then that might be a problem, but most of that shit's free. So more power to everyone. Also, that one from hundredollars is really good; the video is well done.

Guest jasondonervan

Not so much chopped/screwed and your mileage may vary depending on your tolerance for this sort of thing, but Paolo XZ's Warm Syrup mixes deliver that 80s tape-melted vibe. No theatrics here though, purely slowed down tracks.

artworks-000006515593-iuyehh-original.jpg

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

For those who have the CP release already, is this on it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqg5YrtD87U

This track isn't on the record. It should be said for anyone looking into buying this that this isn't another Eccojams release, the first side is a 5 and a half minute sound collage piece that deconstructs Eccojams and Replica, while the second side is a collection of locked grooves, some looping snippets from Eccojams. It certainly wasn't what I was expecting when I bought it, but it's really grown on me recently. I ripped all the locked grooves and made an 80 min mix out of it as my turntable's been playing up, actually enjoy listening to that more than manually playing the grooves. Sort of defeats the purpose of the record, but it was either that or have it sitting on a shelf unlistened for six months whilst I save up for a new turntable.

I ripped all the locked grooves and made an 80 min mix out of it as my turntable's been playing up, actually enjoy listening to that more than manually playing the grooves. Sort of defeats the purpose of the record, but it was either that or have it sitting on a shelf unlistened for six months whilst I save up for a new turntable.

Would you like to share your mix with us? Would be great to hear the possibilites of the grooves.

Guest jasondonervan
I ripped all the locked grooves and made an 80 min mix out of it as my turntable's been playing up, actually enjoy listening to that more than manually playing the grooves. Sort of defeats the purpose of the record, but it was either that or have it sitting on a shelf unlistened for six months whilst I save up for a new turntable.

Beat me to it! I've actually managed to secure a copy of each volume except for the elusive vol. 5. When they arrive, I'll be able to see what's up with the differences between them.

Beat me to it! I've actually managed to secure a copy of each volume except for the elusive vol. 5. When they arrive, I'll be able to see what's up with the differences between them.

May I ask you how you got them all? :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who haven't snagged this yet:

http://www.mexicansu...mplete-box-set/

All 4 versions in a boxset. I talked to Daniel at the Hirshhorn show and he said that there are only 4 versions, as confirmed by this deal.

Thanks for the info, but late on the train. But no need to cry, I got Edition I via ebay for a nice lowprice and even one more via a very generous WATMMer (thank you jasondonervan!) :)

But the boxsette looks absolutely nice. But the tote bag hmmm, I use my silkscreened tote bag from Important Records for empty bottles now :biggrin:

Guest kopmis

Can any of you guys who got A.D.D please rip it and put it om youtube or w h a t. Would be very grateful!

Sharing Music

Along the same lines above, asking for copyrighted music in a thread is generally frowned upon, as it does infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder. There's always exceptions to the rule, and if for any reason you are unsure about whether something is suitable to posting on the board and you are not the copyright holder, it's best to either ask a Mod or Administrator for advice. Don't assume that if something is out of print that it's alright to post; the copyright on that music still exists, and should be respected. Of course, if it's your own music, then fine, go right ahead, as long as you're not overly spamming your music and it's done in the appropriate forum/subforum.

Asking for copyrighted music is generally a no-no as well, for the reasons stated above, as well as it's basically making the forum a P2P site or a links site, facilitating piracy of copyrighted material. Being slick about it and not directly asking for the music, but still obviously implying you'd like someone to send you a copy is also frowned upon. Keep such discussions to PMs (Private Messages) or outside the forums. We can't stop you pirating music, but we do need to ensure that the forums don't get shut down over the overt sharing of copyrighted material.

Naughty scamp ... :whistling:

Well I'm not waiting for someone to put up the files so that I can not listen to it, and I totally think analogue only releases are not fucking stupid, because it's not at all screwing over your fans who live far away and can't even afford the shipping for your albums.

Archived