IGNORED

Watmm, lets have your Jungle

chassis

If it's gonna be a discussion about the nebulous jungle VS '98 style drum and bass, let's go, I'd be happy to oblige. Because you are wrong. Way too much has happened over the years to make that distinction. I'm not gonna be posting Icicle in here, but it's pointless to be a bitch about songs beyond that - especially as so many people dig them in here! 

Edited by chim

12 hours ago, chim said:

If it's gonna be a discussion about the nebulous jungle VS '98 style drum and bass

oh sorry, I didn't mean this by using the "golden era" & "riiight rudies" words. just having fun coz ther'es benn quite a lot of 94-95 tracks posted on the thread recently.

I like all jungle drum& bass (whatever) from every era. And I agree with you,  it's not useful (for me at least) to try and say this is jungle, this is drum n bass, etc.

BUT you might be talking about previous page discussions, not reacting to the "golden era" thing so nevermind if I misunderstood.    ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I could see what all these ancient nerds and their studios looked like making all this classic jungle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, acid1 said:

I wish I could see what all these ancient nerds and their studios looked like making all this classic jungle.

:cisfor:
(Studio featured @ 6:30)

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, acid1 said:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, acid1 said:

..i guess the whole thing was driven by a paradigm change in music production, introducing bedroom production basically running cubase on an atari/amiga hooked up to a roland or akai sampler.  they talk about it around 4:50

this is also pretty interesting, but totally different vibes..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, iococoi said:

bizzys

Speaking of OG studio madness, the biz  has his weekly, live “Amen Therapy” set today… plus, his channel is loaded with production tips. He’s a true gent, as well as a legend and a genius. 

https://youtube.com/c/TheBizzyBScience

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 6/5/2021 at 1:10 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

:cisfor:
(Studio featured @ 6:30)

Holy shit, who knew Vitalik Buterin was a junglist in Source Direct

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 6/8/2021 at 6:25 PM, Diurn said:

just purchased this from a vinyl pal

Nice, I love all things Skanna. One of my favourites of the whole 1993/darkcore/darkside sound

• Like 1