IGNORED

Maurice Sendak, Author of "Where The Wild Things Are" Dead

Joyrex

Guest Gary C

Never read. Was interested in the film but haven't got around to watching it.

Why is this story supposed to be good or is it the artwork?

Apparently he illustrated Little Bear, which was the shit.

Never read. Was interested in the film but haven't got around to watching it.

Why is this story supposed to be good or is it the artwork?

Apparently he illustrated Little Bear, which was the shit.

The story is quite simple and straightforward though it's been discussed and analyzed a lot. It was polarizing when it came out and some libraries removed it initially. I've always known it for the beautiful artwork, even as a kid I don't remember the story that well but the imagery is unforgettable.

Movie is worth a rent, I enjoyed it but haven't felt compelled to watch again. Lovely visuals and the voice cast was pretty good.

Guest kokeboka

I quite liked the film, and had a quick flick through the book - the illustrations did look great.

Guest Al Hounos

My parents read "In the Night Kitchen" to me so many times before bed. A good man. :cry:

maurice sendak's work is hugely influential and inspirational to me. so many hidden things throughout his books. he was a very good man, very good man

I blame Eggers and Jonze for this...

I never thought a movie could suck that much. It seemed unreasonable to imagine such an extraordinarily high level of suck.

I blame Eggers and Jonze for this...

lol, that was my first thought

My parents read "In the Night Kitchen" to me so many times before bed. A good man. :cry:

Me too. One of my favorites was his illustrated version of Grimm's fairy tales called "The Juniper Tree". It came in two hardcover volumes, that had the most unique smell. His illustrations in that book are one of the main reasons I became an artist, I think.

Fuck. His latest book Bumbleardy was fantastic. I was so drawn to his interviews and whatever philosophy he'd talk about.

I really recommend you all find his interview with Bill Moyers and another interview with Terry Gross. They are fantastic.

Rest in Peace, you will be missed.

Rest in Peace dear friend, you helped make me a better human. As with many other children who love this book. Imaginations are strengthened and made more malleable than before as millions of children read the minimal amount of words and devour the artwork. :wink::cry::beer:

Guest Franklin

murve is right on.

he's a riot to listen to in interviews. such a smart and funny guy.

Archived