IGNORED

Women and the IDMz

Ifeelspace

i think that many people haven't been really exposed to music like the idmz, they dont hate it because the dont know it yet... come on, bjork is idm as hell but with vocals, its like arovane... and yeah, they don't know stuff like, lets say, ..., hmmm, what should I say? hmmm... oh yeah, aphex twin, because most of the people are happy with their lifes and don't care if there's more music... I still think the idms will be the next pop, because it's actually good music, and it's varied as fuck

yeah yeah i talked to a girl about aphex twin (she likes stuff like byork) and she really liked him!!! also a friend of mine (hes really into pink floyd)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course a homeless man could, women cant though.

They need rihanna or nicki minaj or some shit to suck dick.

My ex who is blessed with a remarkably large, round booty offered me a lapdance if I'd let her play "Gasolina" - I said no. :cool:

Guest ReversedVertigo

Bullshit stereotyping once again. I know many girls into IDM/Braindance/Experimental eletronica and a couple of them that actually try producing it as well.

Guest sirch

I'm sure plenty of women liked it 15 years ago when people were still making it and it was interesting.

BooooooMmm

IDM is a harsh mistress.

Lol , true

Feel free to close this 'disease of a thread'. I've actually found people's responses to be quite interesting for the most part. Never meant the thread to come across as sexist.

Thing is, no disrespect to the sisters out there who are into IDM/Electronica/whatever... but it is kind of a boyish thing. Its got that geekery, obsessive side that seems to suit blokes, where as most of the girls I know just want to dance to funky tunes (nothing wrong with that of course).

For the most part, if I put on some electronic music, it generally meets a response from my girlfriend along the lines of "can you put something more 'nice' on please?"

• 1 year later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03ft68k

"Stuart looks at femininity in electronic music; the sensual side of synthesisers. Ambient music pioneer Suzanne Ciani compares the masculine sound of krautrock to the sensual new age music she was making around the same time. Plus a half hour mix of ambient new age music from female artists."

Guest Melissa

Bullshit stereotyping once again. I know many girls into IDM/Braindance/Experimental eletronica and a couple of them that actually try producing it as well.

AMEN

Seeing this thread again is like looking at a photo of me when I was a young lad. Embarrassing. I did lock it, but ya never know people may have important stuff to say on the matter and shit.

AMEN

Fancy going to an IDMz gig with me?

Guest Melissa

AMEN

Yeah man, why not eh? See you at Clark?

AMEN

Yeah man, why not eh? See you at Clark?

I'll see you there. I'll be carrying a single red rose (wilted), so you can recognise me

I am exait!

• 2 years later...

If there is any truth to the idea that males like IDDIM more than females (which there clearly is despite a few anecdotes here and there saying "I know a few females who do, my gf does!") it's because males have a significantly higher rate of autism than females, isn't it like 100x?

I mean WATMM did a post like a few years ago where people would post there score on this autism spectrum survey and the majority of people were closer to asp than not. There's like 10 grills on WURTMM and 9340584 guys, unless there's some reason to believe women use the internet a lot less, then at the very least the grills who like IDEM aren't likers enough to use WATMM and Twoism and wherever.

I mean there are some obvious facts here people are skirting around to avoid being viewed as not PC. I've only been to one AE concert and yeah there were some grills there, but it was like 20% and let's be real - how many of them had their bf make them go? Then again lots of guys went, just "to go" because it was a music event near where they live and they don't even know about the bobtechre twins. But yeah, lots of them were walking out near the end (grills included). This is just my observation

In my 21 years of life, I've only seen one girl with an Aphex t-shirt. In fact, I took a picture with her since I thought I would never see that. Miracles happen.

And I say that because I think when you truly like something, you tend to reflect it on your life to others. Like me, I have mine, and also a sticker of Earth (the band) on my laptop. Really trivial but that's how I can know how much "love" you got for something.

So yeah, despite I know many girls who like experimental electronics, most are not really into Aphex or Autechre (true IDM) like me.

Archived