IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Burger

Guest bitroast

making some hickory smoked bison burgers with smoked gouda and truffle oil on a brioche bun... finish with some red alder smoked sea salt and garlic/truffle infused mayonnaise.

No veggies or other toppings on it. Will report back with pic ;)

smokin!

I had a gourmet burger a couple of weeks ago. I should have taken a photo, but it looked like this...

3778510-mashburgerifartjpg.jpg

Gourmet burger and chili fries. Best fucking burger ever.

making some hickory smoked bison burgers with smoked gouda and truffle oil on a brioche bun... finish with some red alder smoked sea salt and garlic/truffle infused mayonnaise.

mine are meat and bread

mine are meat and bread

lol. I usually add things like lettuce or tomato or whatever, but in this case would rather have these particular ingredients shine through

might not look like it in the pic but these were sooo tasty and juicy. i tried a different cooking method i found online(instead of grilling).... they're dry fried on a very hot pan til crispy and brown on the outside, then when you put the cheese on you drop the heat and put a lid on so it steams in it's own vapours and the cheese absorbs into the burger. keeps it really moist and full of flavour!

dude....I must try this

a few times last summer, I put my big flat cast iron skillet on the grill outside and got it screaming hot. then I cooked thin burgers i handformed on it and they got those crispy bits out the outside from an instant seer. you just reminded me I must do that again.

I've been getting bison burgers at The Counter here in Pasadena whenever the burger craving hits, lately. Healthier than beef but fucking tasty as... as fuck.

Of course, it ceases to be remotely healthy once covered in brie.

Edited by baph

Is there any way you can transmit the sensation of eating this via the internets please.

they're dry fried on a very hot pan til crispy and brown on the outside, then when you put the cheese on you drop the heat and put a lid on so it steams in it's own vapours and the cheese absorbs into the burger.

My god that sounds amazing - By 'dry fried' I take it that means no oil. Have you got a link to the method you used ?

sorry i was vague before, i was on my phone... i put a very small glug of olive oil in my burger mix and had a large dry pan on a medium/high heat. my burgers are pretty fat so adjust times if thinner, i cooked them for about 6 mins each side til crispy and brown, then fired on a big wedge of mature cheddar, dropped heat below medium and covered with lid for about 5 minutes til the cheese enveloped the burgers... the amount of juiciness created by this steaming thing is crazy!

i'm struggling to find where i read about it though, it was probably over a year ago. the guy had a burger van so used a big hot plate, then covered with a large metal bowl - i just adapted it using what i've got.

might not look like it in the pic but these were sooo tasty and juicy. i tried a different cooking method i found online(instead of grilling).... they're dry fried on a very hot pan til crispy and brown on the outside, then when you put the cheese on you drop the heat and put a lid on so it steams in it's own vapours and the cheese absorbs into the burger. keeps it really moist and full of flavour!

dude....I must try this

a few times last summer, I put my big flat cast iron skillet on the grill outside and got it screaming hot. then I cooked thin burgers i handformed on it and they got those crispy bits out the outside from an instant seer. you just reminded me I must do that again.

man, i can't recommend this method enough. i've got the same cast iron griddle* by the sounds of it, i always used it on my gas hob to cook steak but our new house has an electric/ceramic hob(which i hate!) so i can't use it anymore.

cast-iron-griddle.jpg

i don't think i'll ever grill another burger, apart from on the BBQ... in fact the ultimate might be to BBQ first, then transfer to flat side of griddle with lid on... will try this in summer!

Edited by keltoi

as long as it's cooked all the way through, they look nice keltoi. Also top tip. You can stuff with cheese yaknow ;-p gouda or mozzarella being nice gluggy rather than oily candidates.

nooooo....

burger must have a bloody pink center, medium rare all the way baby (applies to both steaks and burgers)

the solution to fears of prions, or super bacteria, or whatever else you may have on your mind is either: a) get over it, or b) grind your own chuck.

as long as it's cooked all the way through, they look nice keltoi. Also top tip. You can stuff with cheese yaknow ;-p gouda or mozzarella being nice gluggy rather than oily candidates.

nooooo....

burger must have a bloody pink center, medium rare all the way baby (applies to both steaks and burgers)

the solution to fears of prions, or super bacteria, or whatever else you may have on your mind is either: a) get over it, or b) grind your own chuck.

yea delet u fuckin scrub how dare u enjoy burgers watever way u like also if its not 81:19 lean:fat ill fuckin throw it out and say MAKE ME A PROPER BURGER U NOOB

burger elitists 4 life

nooooo....

yea delet u fuckin scrub how dare u enjoy burgers watever way u like also if its not 81:19 lean:fat ill fuckin throw it out and say MAKE ME A PROPER BURGER U NOOB

burger elitists 4 life

yes, you read my mind.

lol, .. pwned me. ;-p

--

Also, my post did seem a bit moany. I apologize if i hurt anyone's feelings in the burger thread. Cause that baby did look pretty boss. + lol @ cheese being passé and a newb thing to do, if i'd been doing it for longer perhaps i'd be the purist that would have realised my folly.

You can't "kill" (denature) prions with cooking FYI. Just enjoy the ride until your brain spongifies IMO.

Edited by baph

lol @ cheese being passé and a newb thing to do, if i'd been doing it for longer perhaps i'd be the purist that would have realised my folly.

i don't see anyone insinuating this. especially not me.

lol @ cheese being passé and a newb thing to do, if i'd been doing it for longer perhaps i'd be the purist that would have realised my folly.

i don't see anyone insinuating this. especially not me.

really, truly mister. well i'm just releaved as all heck mister.

(sorry) i just felt like riffing my post in that direction man. Fucking one day i must come round to yours for a burger btw. cause it would be amazing, you know, with me there an stuff.

That's a thing? Well throw me in a bun and call me burger.

If you've got a Costco up there then they do them. They're a great bbq choice.

nooooo....

burger elitists 4 life

yes, you read my mind.

Totes.

Steak mince made into burger patties then shown the griddle pan for about 60secs a side.

Raw middle goodness.

Slice of emmental, lettuce, red onion, mayonnaise on top half of bun and Coleman's mustard on the bottom.

:ok:

That's a thing? Well throw me in a bun and call me burger.

If you've got a Costco up there then they do them. They're a great bbq choice.

not for me i'm not a slamon fan. but apologies for my previous erroneous rant.

salmon. don't even like the word it seems.

• 1 month later...

on a sad note, my favorite gourmet place in town just stopped serving their amazing burger

it's now on rotation and only pops up once or twice a year as far as i can tell

i was planning on having a picture for this thread, but i couldn't even get the damn thing :sad:

i have to stay alert so i don't miss it when it makes it onto their menu

btw some of these burgers look goddamn delicious - you guys know whats up