IGNORED

Your favourite album from the last 5 years

usagi

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Money Store (or Exmilitary) by Death Grips

I love that you dropped DG up in this bitch.

I think they've got to be the best new band since Lightning Bolt.

Haha, yeah. Lightning Bolt. Fucking badass band. Wonderful Rainbow is a great album.

Death Grips is fuckin' revolutionary. I really can't listen to anything right now except them for some reason. I try to branch out to other stuff, then just end up back at Get Got and Hustle Bones.

lightning bolt started in 1994 and are remotely popular since 2003. you really think there was nothing at least as good for nearly a decade? really?

CDZ023_REBOTINI_MUSICCOMPONENTS_high_def.jpg

Oh man, I like gear fetishism as much as the next guy but that cover is just over the top. Looks like an audio gear catalog front page. (And yes, please, I want all that stuff on it).

CDZ023_REBOTINI_MUSICCOMPONENTS_high_def.jpg

Oh man, I like gear fetishism as much as the next guy but that cover is just over the top. Looks like an audio gear catalog front page. (And yes, please, I want all that stuff on it).

I love this album, Rebotini is a good musician. If u like Analord Series or Cephax Acid Crew, u must like it & this album is so acid! ;-) But Rebotini has his own style.

lightning bolt started in 1994 and are remotely popular since 2003. you really think there was nothing at least as good for nearly a decade? really?

First off. They didn't release their debut until 99.

Secondly, no. Not really. I'm very picky.

Probably one of these:

Everything She Touched Turned Ampexian by Prefuse 73

Rifts by Oneohtrix Point Never

Eccojams vol. 1 by Chuck Person (Oneohtrix Point Never)

Wow, how did I forget Trademark Ribbons of Gold by VHS Head and Splazsh by Actress?

edit:

also probably something by Animal Collective

alright no brain power off the top of my head

1. Max Tundra parallax error

Actress Splazsh

Flying lotus cosmogramma

Autechre Quaristice

Prefuse 73 ampexian

honor mention

Radiohead in rainbows

Quaristice though has a very special place in my heart. That year was extremely turbulent emotionally, mentally, existentially. It was also the first Autechre album released since I had become obsessed with them... Max Tundra + Actress have been more influential overall on musical thought for me since then

almost everything grouper has done during the last 6 years, it's hard to pick an album cause i see her project as a whole but i guess AIA is quite representative.

GROUPER.jpg

another special one that i'm sure ill remember for long is the album by brian sullivan from mouthus, united waters "your first ever river":

Your%20First%20Ever%20River.jpg

lots of OPN mentioned, interesting, i've been listening to returnal recently and its not bad but nothing amazing really, im not really a fan of this nostalgiacore-revival fad, but i guess ill give rifts a thorough listen.

Archived