IGNORED

Not Aphex Twin

KyonPalm

There's a difference between a netlabel and a website with downloadable music in it, you know

What might that difference be? We offer CDs and tapes for a small price (singles are $1.99, EPs/albums are $4.99) and MP3s are free. The philosophy is that all music should be free to listen to, but if you enjoy having physical copies, we make it available at a reasonable price.

As for the decision to release this EP on the label, it was perhaps shortsighted. I normally hate riding on the coattails of a more popular name with a gimmick, but the content seemed interesting enough to release as an experiment. This thread and the subsequent semi-controversy could be considered the results (or at least partially.)

Certainly though, I would hate for one bad apple to ruin the bunch, so if you're turned off of the label by this EP, please give the rest of the material a chance. Keep in mind this project has only just started last year and so we are still very new to it all, and very very small-time (currently only have 6 artists signed [not including the one-off "Not Aphex Twin"] of which only 5 have released anything) but I plan to do better things with it and am extremely picky about how I run it.

This thread and the subsequent semi-controversy .....

no controversy

just shit

Controversy, shit, same thing.

Feces.

Guest sirch

This thread and the subsequent semi-controversy .....

no controversy

just shit

Controversy, shit, same thing.

Feces.

no, cos controversy can be interesting and entertaining.

whereas shit is just shit.

these are just some pisstakes by kyonpalm you guys

I'm afraid I can't take credit for this. Officially I will say this was made by "Not Aphex Twin" to annoy the shit out of people, but even off the record, all I can tell you is it's just something that got sent in. It's also definitely not Subliminal Stimuli. I wouldn't normally deny rumours, but too many people seem to think it's him, so... :cisfor:

But yes, speaking from my point of view (being the owner of the label it's released on,) of course I cannot share any opinion as to whether it is any good or not, since whoever was responsible for these tracks probably wouldn't appreciate my opinion...

So of course it's shit.

iql0G7MvPZePg.png

10x worse than kroniktronik

Kroniktronik was good. Better than half the artists around here.

Guest sirch

10x worse than kroniktronik

Kroniktronik was good. Better than half the artists around here.

haha. i'd rather be kept awake by the noise of Foxes fucking and fighting each other all night, tbh. and that's not a pleasant noise.

I stayed away from the whole Kroniktronik shebang, but just clue me in on a few key (if you can call 'em that) tracks so I can get an idea of it all. I'm sure most of the artists frequenting this forum are pretty good, but I haven't listened to them enough to pass an accurate verdict for myself.

KyonPalm i support that your run a (net)label, give free mp3's and provide physical copys!

But don't sign anyone come on wtf, lol " signed on a label!"

And NOT not aphex twin man, the name just cries for attention and the tracks are lazy and have no soul

KyonPalm i support that your run a (net)label, give free mp3's and provide physical copys!

But don't sign anyone come on wtf, lol " signed on a label!"

And NOT not aphex twin man, the name just cries for attention and the tracks are lazy and have no soul

Haha, funny you say that, I actually forgot to put "signed" in quotation marks like I normally do. Hell, you should see what the pseudo-contract looks like. You're right though, we really don't "sign" people, there's just a quick agreement about letting the label release the material for free. As for Not Aphex Twin, again, 'twas a shortsighted decision, but at the same time, an experiment in jackassery. Not much more to say.

Link to your label?

http://sites.google.com/site/channelqrecords/

Yes it's on Google Sites, that's how low-budget this is. I don't plan on spending a penny out of pocket on anything other than supplies (printing paper, CDs, tapes, etc.)

Subliminal used to post here as Conkern, didn't he?

Yes, that's his typical username. I don't know what his posts here were like (never noticed them) but if he was here, that would be his username.

Archived