YEK

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest couch

If it counts...

NIN The Perfect Drug Remixes.

don't hate

LOL. You posted that video at the same time I posted and I thought "wait what I didn't post a link to any of that albums songs."

Guest Frankie5fingers

i don't remember which album, but i am sure Prodigy was my first. Firestarter is still my favorite song of all time. so most likely Fat of the land. i was about 5 at the time when i heard that song and i had to have that album.

The very first CD I bought was Thievery Corporation's Versions... I was something like 14/15 years old at that time... Although the first electronic album I ever had was The ChemBros' Push the Button... My mom gave it to me as a present!

First mature step in that direction was Ministry - Psalm 69 but just straight electronic would have been Aphex Twin - ...I Care Because You Do. That's not counting the Miami Vice Soundtrack cassette from when I was a kid either. Had to have Jan Hammer! Favorite songs growing up were like Harold Faltermeye - Axel F, M|A|R|R|S - Pump Up The Volume, Run DMC/Aerosmith - Walk This Way, Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number and Timex Social Club - Rumors, so you could say I was pretty primed to be an electronic music fan.

i bought the orbital album because i first heard halcyon on the mortal kombat soundtrack. for the longest time i hated the track ( and "techno" ) and then one day i "got it" and decided to buy the green album.

I think it was Frontline Assembly - Implode, if that qualifies. First non-industrial electronic album I bought was either Druqs or Confield... i think it was Druqs. I missed the glory days of iddem.

I think it was Frontline Assembly - Implode, if that qualifies.

Ooh, that was a good album. Sampled a lot of IDM too. I remember discovering it because the cover design style was very similar to the Fear Factory album Obsolete.

Guest uptown devil

it was either crystal method - vegas or chemical brothers - dig your own hole, possibly at the same time.

I think it was Frontline Assembly - Implode, if that qualifies.

Ooh, that was a good album. Sampled a lot of IDM too. I remember discovering it because the cover design style was very similar to the Fear Factory album Obsolete.

Funny, I picked up Obsolete right around the same time and those two CDs were in constant rotation in my discman for months --probably my two most listened to albums around that time. They've got a very similar vibe... future dystopian metal vs future dystopian dance music. If i remember correctly Rhys Fulber contributed a lot of the synth/programming on Obsolete.

I think it was Meat Beat Manifesto 99% tape way back in the day.

Actually, now that I remember, I think Skinny Puppy Cleanse, Fold, and Manipulate would qualify.

Archived