IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Gravity

I don't usually post trailers on here, but wow this one is good. At first it's pretty raw and kinda makes you all pumped and stuff! You know it's a badass a game when a trailer less than two minutes long makes you feel cool and tough! Then we're introduced to some characters that seems deeper and more complex than anything we've seen before in a shooter, and they even have a super strong female character in there! That's really sweet in my opinion. After that there's a surprisingly emotional speech that really makes you think about what it means to be a soldier. You may lose friends, but the storm will carry us on, you know? Then after all the tears it gets all badass again, and it's just so cool and awesome and badass. I really need to get this game. So good looking.

Edit: oh wow, just watched it again (because it's so good) and there's actually a dog getting punched in there! That's so funny, considering that the new Call of Duty has a dog in it! Clever and smart! Video games!

:biggrin:

I don't know why they even try to push a forced singleplayer campaign in Battlefield nowadays. It's always been a multiplayer game, that's what they do best.

Edited by Gravity

The Stanley parable. Cool idea but it wasn't a lot of fun. Playing a game again and again to get different mildly amusing endings isn't that enjoyable for me.

Same, I did laugh a few times and its probably worth 5 bucks and not 12.

I really enjoyed the game in the sense that it felt as though I was playing a conscious game. Imagine playing a game that were actually alive and could alter itself according to your actions. Thats what it felt like to me. I'd really like to see an intelligent game be made one day, the Stanley parable gives me a taste of that, even though that was probably not his intentions when he made it.

The Stanley parable. Cool idea but it wasn't a lot of fun. Playing a game again and again to get different mildly amusing endings isn't that enjoyable for me.

I really enjoyed the game in the sense that it felt as though I was playing a conscious game. Imagine playing a game that were actually alive and could alter itself according to your actions. Thats what it felt like to me. I'd really like to see an intelligent game be made one day, the Stanley parable gives me a taste of that, even though that was probably not his intentions when he made it.

For me it's been my game of the year - not chuckled so much at a game in a long time. I'm one of those gamers that wants to explore every direction and check out every nook and cranny, so this game that caters purely to that OCD exploratory nature makes me happy indeed. Plus I have so little free time outside of work nowadays, so something that can be enjoyed in tiny chunks is a definite plus point as well.

EDIT: Love the ridiculous achievements in the game too - nice little dig at the current state of gaming.

For me it's been my game of the year - not chuckled so much at a game in a long time. I'm one of those gamers that wants to explore every direction and check out every nook and cranny, so this game that caters purely to that OCD exploratory nature makes me happy indeed. Plus I have so little free time outside of work nowadays, so something that can be enjoyed in tiny chunks is a definite plus point as well.

EDIT: Love the ridiculous achievements in the game too - nice little dig at the current state of gaming.

Needed more content and wasn't as fresh as the mod itself, even though the looks were. I'd probably be as excited as you if I hadn't already played the mod. A lot of similar content.

It's that time of the year again, so I'll start playing Half-Life2 again tomorrow

HL2-Start2.jpg

"Wake up, Mr. Freeman

Wake up..

And smell the ashes"

Edited by Guest

Guest Pennywise

I started playing the Black mesa mod again the other day. It's a shame the developers didn't try to do something new with the game . Half life 1 is great, but its proper old and there's many bits in it that suck that didn't need re-creating. The enemies even spawn in the same places as they do in the original.

I know its supposed to be a true conversion of HL1 but that's the reason why its a boring game to play. Amazing achievement though, I know.

Edited by Pennywise

Hey that looks pretty great! I really don't mind playing through games like half-life every once in a while, even though I already know the game. I do understand where you're coming from.

Have you ever played Limbo? It's a completely different game, but still a lovely feat.

Guest Gravity

I started playing the Black mesa mod again the other day. It's a shame the developers didn't try to do something new with the game . Half life 1 is great, but its proper old and there's many bits in it that suck that didn't need re-creating. The enemies even spawn in the same places as they do in the original.

I know its supposed to be a true conversion of HL1 but that's the reason why its a boring game to play. Amazing achievement though, I know.

I need to get around to playing that mod, HL1 is old but I still really love it. I tried downloading it twice last month and it was corrupted from 2 different mirrors. Where did you get it from?

Edited by Gravity

Gave up on Metal Gear Rising, great game but either my controller is fucked or some of the moves require a little too much precision that's nigh on impossible.

Loving Dead Space 3 a the mo although there's a lot of running around and the weapons build thing gets a little tedious.

Guest Pennywise

Hey that looks pretty great! I really don't mind playing through games like half-life every once in a while, even though I already know the game. I do understand where you're coming from.

Have you ever played Limbo? It's a completely different game, but still a lovely feat.

I have played Limbo yes, I have no idea why HL reminded you of Limbo however hah

I need to get around to playing that mod, HL1 is old but I still really love it. I tried downloading it twice last month and it was corrupted from 2 different mirrors. Where did you get it from?

I got the torrent from here. The other links should work though.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/download.html

You have to download the source 2009 SDK thing from 'TOOLS' on steam to get it to work. After that, close steam, and run the BM setup and it should automatically appear on your steam games list after that

Edited by Pennywise

Bought the new Batman game thinking it was a Rocksteady game. Ugh. :( It might have the same gameplay mechanics but it doesn't have the level design, story or set pieces. Feels like a budget Rocksteady game. Why did I buy this. Warner Bros showing their true colors...

Edited by Ego

Guest bitroast

Gave up on Metal Gear Rising, great game but either my controller is fucked or some of the moves require a little too much precision that's nigh on impossible.

Loving Dead Space 3 a the mo although there's a lot of running around and the weapons build thing gets a little tedious.

oh man. i did the same thing.

which is a damn shame, because i adore all the other metal gear solid games. i even really enjoy Vanquish (i didn't exactly finish it. just played a whole lot of it last summer during sweaty confusing 40 degree heat and i loved it).

but yeah, i stunk at metal gear rising and gave on it pretty early on. i just couldn't get my head around the controls or mechanics : |

Guest bitroast

played a bit of MEGA MAN UNLIMITED today.

download

http://megaphilx.com/?page_id=1003

a fan made 8-bit mega man game that's actually pretty perfect. i found the difficulty to be harder than the original mega man games (in particular, the length of the levels is a bit rich with only one or two checkpoint sparingly spread with great lengths of difficult gameplay in between). the music, and graphics, and controls, and overall style and feel of the game is spot on. what also is pretty remarkable is that the game feels fresh and innovative. it takes risks and has fun gameplay elements in its level and enemy design, that it actually feels like a fresh new legitimate mega man sequel, as opposed to a fan made clone or homage.

definitely recommending it to any mega man fan. it definitely plays better than the capcom released (..endorsed?) street fighter x mega man. and seems even better and fresher than mega man 9 and mega man 10. definitely better than mm 10, at least.

GlueManScreenshotBig.png

CometWomanBattle.PNG

Raptor: Call of the Shadows from 1994. But I might have posted this already.

Best 2D aerial arcade shooter I've played. I hope some indie company makes a reboot of it one day.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Rome 2: Total War.

im a huge nut for the total war series, specifically Rome and Medieval 2. but i felt that Shogun 2 was a big disappointment. They really stepped it up in Rome 2 though. This game is friggin amazing. probably the best of them all.

Guest disparaissant

mv6EDbQ.jpg

holy shit old gods is so awesome. managed to pull off a war of subjugation on my norse neighbors, and took over all of scotland in one go. got SUPER lucky, considering just as i declared war, 3 of his counties decided to rebel.

then i sacrificed all the prisoners i took in the war to odin to ensure good crops! fuck yes.

Guest Frankie5fingers

i sacrificed all the prisoners i took in the war to odin to ensure good crops!

thats the most metal thing ive heard in a while.