IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I'm really shocked at the Wii U's pricing - 350USD for a console with only 32GB of memory? You can get a PS3 or 360 with a HDD that is around 160GB for much less than that. Nintendo is really taking the piss, thinking their die-hard fans are going to pony up just to play the next derivative Mario game.

yeah im very disappointed... I think I'll just save up for a Vita or PS3 now.

You may just want to wait a bit longer and see if Sony/Microsoft announce their next consoles around the launch window of the Wii U :trollface:

The baked in Nintendo TV app looks loads better than similar stuff on Xbox. Plus you can watch video and chat on the game pad screen. I see a Hulu subscription in my future.

Thing is, Nintendo is really good about proposing things, but usually fall short in execution - time will tell though.

The baked in Nintendo TV app looks loads better than similar stuff on Xbox. Plus you can watch video and chat on the game pad screen. I see a Hulu subscription in my future.

Thing is, Nintendo is really good about proposing things, but usually fall short in execution - time will tell though.

Plus, they're pretty good at announcing things that end up never getting released (I think they've done that for their last 3 consoles)

Plus, they're pretty good at announcing things that end up never getting released (I think they've done that for their last 3 consoles)

this time around I'm thinking it will be that elusive "third party support"

I plan on not buying any Next Gen Console. I'll just be gaming on my PC. I only got my PS3 for Guitar Hero and COD, both of which were to play with my console friends. But now they too have PC's so screw consoles this time.

If a Valve box ever comes out, I'll buy the shit out of that. Nintendo should stop trying to innovate hardware and go back to making playing cards for the yakuza.

I've pretty much stopped using consoles altogether, even my Nintendo DS. Mainly been playing my games on an HP h8-1020 with an i7 processor and 8 GB RAM for the past year.

I have nothing against console users though. Play on the machine that works best for you.

Nintendo should stop trying to innovate hardware and go back to making playing cards for the yakuza.

It's sad watching them after loving so much of their stuff from the last 30 years. Starting to look like they're going to go down in flames.

Nintendo should stop trying to innovate hardware and go back to making playing cards for the yakuza.

It's sad watching them after loving so much of their stuff from the last 30 years. Starting to look like they're going to go down in flames.

I doubt they'll survive the lawsuits by all the kids getting carpal tunnel syndrome from holding those slab controllers for hours on end

Edited by baph

Don't get me wrong; Bayonetta was a great game, but certainly not a 'killer app' on any system, and certainly not a sequel (and make no doubt this is just an exclusivity window; it will come to PS3/360 afterwards).

I'll probably end up buying a Wii U for reasons I don't know yet. Then I'll buy 2-3 games and sell it just like with the Wii.

Strangely enough I had this feeling watching NSMBU - then I checked out the rest of the lineup and with no Zelda or anything else remotely interesting, I'm backing away from the idea.

Yeah, I really wish they'd show more of whatever Zelda title they're working on - or something totally new and innovative that doesn't look like an HD Wii mini-game collection.

this time around I'm thinking it will be that elusive "third party support"

Yeah, I really don't see 3rd parties supporting this - and there is already shovelware in the launch window - not a good sign.

why have i only just played little big planet 2. its awesome. :D im glad i joined PS+ now.

Amazing game, isn't it - supposedly LBP Vita is even better with the touch interface. Truly one of Sony's flagship games, and one of the most innovative games to come out in a long time. See, Nintendo could do this with Super Mario - imagine building your own Mario levels and sharing it with friends online!

I will say this - at first I scoffed at the Wii U's 8 or 32GB internal memory, but I just read you can add a USB HDD and expand the storage that way - Nintendo's stance is to offer gamers the storage options they want, at the price they want - so really it does make sense and in retrospect is a smart move.

We might all be wrong and this is the renaissance Nintendo has been waiting for to go back to the glory days of the NES/Famicom and their dominance in the console market.

Or, it could be their biggest mistake, and they end up becoming a software-only company, and finally make their flagship games for other platforms.

why have i only just played little big planet 2. its awesome. :D im glad i joined PS+ now.

I really should go back and play LBP2. I bought it when it first came out and have been neglecting it for some reason. I think I'll fire it up tonight.

nintendo total fail

currently playing:

Global Offensive on PS3

Fallout 3

Beyond Good and Evil

Wipeout: HD

Crash Bandicoot 1 (insanely hard... never realized)

Twisted Metal (the new one... decent to good)

Mortal Kombat (the new one)

of these , BG+E is the best. Mortal Kombat is really damn fun with friends and beer.

Guest Frankie5fingers

of these , BG+E is the best.

its been a long time since i played that game but last i remember that game was really amazing. i might have to back to that one.

Tried Guild Wars 2 up untill level 15 or so. It has a nice flow with the world events and quests you don't have to request and track. But despite all the things it's trying, it's still too close to the WoW/same old MMORPG formula to grab my attention. Action is very standard, quests are the usual kill, click & collect. Exploration is OK, but never comes close to the immersive exploration I had with WoW in the early days. I have very fond memories of being totally immersed in the WoW universe. But this just doesn't do it for me because of the lacking art direction or immerson breakers like instant fast travel. The lore of some of the races seems pretty nice but the quest story lines are utterly boring to the point I'm avoiding them.

Meh, maybe it's for the best. MMORPG's are a silly time sink after all.

Others:

FIFA 13 demo - getting more iterative every year

PES 2013 demo - still far off, let's hope they can pressure EA again in a few years so they'll be less complacent

To the Moon - very cheesy with gameplay that's so silly to the point it shouldn't be interactive at all. But I somewhat like the story and the music and am looking forward to see how it ends, which is more than most full priced titles can do.

Edited by Ego

Yeah seems like Nintendo's glory days are a thing of the past now. Nothing lasts forever I guess.