IGNORED

Sick of these idiots recommending Ae's early albums

Guest WNS000

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fucking hate those idiots (especially when they talk about melodies when they actually mean timbres...).

melodies have timbres, too. are you sure they mean timbres?

yeah i think that was the dumbest thing i read in this thread (outside of the op)

I fucking hate those idiots (especially when they talk about melodies when they actually mean timbres...).

yeah i think that was the dumbest thing i read in this thread (outside of the op)

I understand what Jev's saying, I guess he didn't word it properly.

He basically means, those "idiots" should be more interested in what Ae do in the intrinsic level of the sound (its timbre) and not the lack of "super-obvious" external structures like melodies. In other words, there's a lot more on the molecular level and if you give yourself enough time to listen carefully and get used to the music, you appreciate the subtleties.

It's as if those 'idiots' are judging Ae's music from a "western classical" perspective, like being concerned predominantly about pitch/melody and duration/rhythm, when they should give equal emphasis to other sound characteristics, like timbre and loudness.

Shit, sorry guys. I forgot to say that I enjoy early Autechre too (Tri Rep and Chiastic aren't really special to me though, as I already said that I consider Chiastic their weakest). It's just the basic idiots I can't stand. So I am sorry for misunderstanding that this rant was implying that I consider early Autechre bad.

People that consider Chiastic Slide their weakest are proper basic idiots!

In all seriousness though that was one of their albums that took me a long time to love but is now one my favs so don't give up with it...it's a very special album 4 realz

This is just a rant.

I am so fucking sick of people dismissing Ae's post-Chiastic output ("where are the tunes?!") and recommending their early albums instead as "absolute masterpieces" with "soul" and "melody" and "blah blah blah".

It just screams "I am a stupid, impatient, close-minded, casual, basic, stuck-in-the-past, not-capable-of-listening, knowing-nothing-about-music-melody-rhythm-and-structure, accidentally-bumped-into-IDM-when-I-was-young-and-now-I-am-old-and-tired-with-kids-in-need-of-easy-fun, rather-listen-to-boards-of-canada-because-deep-emotions-tunes-nature-and-geocatching-for-rare-eps, I-can't-hum-it-in-a-shower dumbass".

I absolutely get they don't like the music (and that is perfectly fine, don't get me wrong) but their arguments and points are asking for a punch in their faces. So fucking stupid it actually hurts.

One of the greatest posts ever. Fucking fantastic. And perfectly true.

I don't 'get sick' at 'em (the negative critics) though I just smile. Personally for me, I have never had a problem with the masses disliking what I listen to (whatever genre it may be) in fact I thrive on it. It's good to go against the grain.

Autechre do seem prone to being constantly picked on for what you describe, I can only put this down to making such a mind-blowing second album which obviously struck a chord with a shitload of people. But credit to them for climbing and conquering that peak, and then taking a completely different path into unknown territory. As all pioneers would do.

While i agree with some of Jev's sentiments I also feel he is completely mental. He's gone out of his way to change that user name in order to create a blank canvas for himself and start afresh. His previous user data was lies, he said he was female and lived on Christmas Island. This man lives in the shadows. I'm gonna go on dark net and pull him out into the spotlight. Will he like it? No. Not one bit. But it's his reaction that will show what defines him. Forget the the liar, we're gonna meet the real Jev.

I understand what Jev's saying, I guess he didn't word it properly.

He basically means, those "idiots" should be more interested in what Ae do in the intrinsic level of the sound (its timbre) and not the lack of "super-obvious" external structures like melodies. In other words, there's a lot more on the molecular level and if you give yourself enough time to listen carefully and get used to the music, you appreciate the subtleties.

It's as if those 'idiots' are judging Ae's music from a "western classical" perspective, like being concerned predominantly about pitch/melody and duration/rhythm, when they should give equal emphasis to other sound characteristics, like timbre and loudness.

well that's not at all what he said so i'm not convinced that that's what he meant. generally us idiots mean melodies when the say melodies.

i've never heard of an idiot disliking music for not having enough timbre

well that's not at all what he said so i'm not convinced that that's what he meant. generally us idiots mean melodies when the say melodies.

i've never heard of an idiot disliking music for not having enough timbre

My apologies bud, I might as well have misinterpreted Jev's words completely.

This is just a rant.

I am so fucking sick of people dismissing Ae's post-Chiastic output ("where are the tunes?!") and recommending their early albums instead as "absolute masterpieces" with "soul" and "melody" and "blah blah blah".

It just screams "I am a stupid, impatient, close-minded, casual, basic, stuck-in-the-past, not-capable-of-listening, knowing-nothing-about-music-melody-rhythm-and-structure, accidentally-bumped-into-IDM-when-I-was-young-and-now-I-am-old-and-tired-with-kids-in-need-of-easy-fun, rather-listen-to-boards-of-canada-because-deep-emotions-tunes-nature-and-geocatching-for-rare-eps, I-can't-hum-it-in-a-shower dumbass".

I absolutely get they don't like the music (and that is perfectly fine, don't get me wrong) but their arguments and points are asking for a punch in their faces. So fucking stupid it actually hurts.

I don't 'get sick' at 'em (the negative critics) though I just smile. Personally for me, I have never had a problem with the masses disliking what I listen to (whatever genre it may be) in fact I thrive on it. It's good to go against the grain.

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=tE_5Y9IKCk0&p=n#/92;101

This is just a rant.

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=tE_5Y9IKCk0&p=n#/92;101

XD ... wait a sex so WNS is Jev?? yo man how you like elseq by now, you still think it's directionless jamming? fucking philistines mistaking the hyper detailed monolithic nature of alot of ae's work for generative, unedited improvisation, so sick of em!! D:

... naaah j/k boy come over here, have a hug, got a feeling you need one <3 :D

If I specifically dislike early autechre (everything pre-LP5*), is that heresy or what

*except Flutter

yes.

If I specifically dislike early autechre (everything pre-LP5*), is that heresy or what

*except Flutter

it's certainly unusual, but I would say it's the better part of Autechre

*except Flutter

it's certainly unusual, but I would say it's the better part of Autechre

Here I meant that lp5 forward is the better part

I'm the I-liek-popcom,-and-if-you-don't-like-popcorn-then-fack-owff-I-only-listen-to-post-Exai-Ae guy.

I-dunno-if-that-even-made-sense. But-does-it-matter?

Archived