IGNORED

Sick of these idiots recommending Ae's early albums

Guest WNS000

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at uni we were looking at the topic of noise and autechre came up. to prove to us how radical and out there autechre were teach played the first track of amber. i didn't have the heart to say anything and steer it towards something more recent. :(

Lol uni ppl :facepalm

at uni we were looking at the topic of noise and autechre came up. to prove to us how radical and out there autechre were teach played the first track of amber. i didn't have the heart to say anything and steer it towards something more recent. :(

Did you realize that the track was maybe older as the students? :D

Perhaps the teacher just doesn't wanted to scare everybody off with some later stuff...

Perhaps the teacher just doesn't wanted to scare everybody off with some later stuff...

And mozartz trax are how much older than those highQ individuals?

This is just a rant.

I am so fucking sick of people dismissing Ae's post-Chiastic output ("where are the tunes?!") and recommending their early albums instead as "absolute masterpieces" with "soul" and "melody" and "blah blah blah".

It just screams "I am a stupid, impatient, close-minded, casual, basic, stuck-in-the-past, not-capable-of-listening, knowing-nothing-about-music-melody-rhythm-and-structure, accidentally-bumped-into-IDM-when-I-was-young-and-now-I-am-old-and-tired-with-kids-in-need-of-easy-fun, rather-listen-to-boards-of-canada-because-deep-emotions-tunes-nature-and-geocatching-for-rare-eps, I-can't-hum-it-in-a-shower dumbass".

I fucking hate those idiots (especially when they talk about melodies when they actually mean timbres...).

I absolutely get they don't like the music (and that is perfectly fine, don't get me wrong) but their arguments and points are asking for a punch in their faces. So fucking stupid it actually hurts.

Sorry, couldn't help it anymore. I have just read some Amazon reviews...

I like BOC too.

Wait. Stop right there. "Casual" IS the new Ae. Also, don't read stupid reviews from people who don't truly understand Ae.

And mozartz trax are how much older than those highQ individuals?
:)

True. But Mozart wouldn't come up by discussing 'noise' in music history. But my fav baroque composer, Heinrich Biber could. And he is even older... the history of musique concrète is a very interesting one. I think the roots can be traced back to Clement Jannequin (16th c.)?

But what I meant is, that Ae is still active,so if you want to show, how far have they gone regarding the use of noise, their second album is perhaps not the most obvious pick.

I just reheard Foil yesterday and noted how much more noisy and industrial this track is in the context of this album.

But we all know how much far they have developed this ideas.

It would be much more interesting from a pedagogic standpoint to compare Foil to some later stuff, like eg. feed1.

• 10 months later...

think OP met his match here:

The hate for the original classics here and total refusal to acknowledge their greatness or place in music history makes this sub a total circle jerk filled with gatekeeping idiots who think they are better than other for liking the more abrasive autechre albums more than the ones universally recognized as autechre’s best work. It’s kinda funny actually to see in person. A bunch of silly white boys fawning over half listenable albums while ignoring the ones that make a name for the band and broke new ground in the musical world. Enjoy your circle jerk while you rub your penises together and cum on each other’s faces while moaning over the sound of autechres worst albums lol.

i completely agree with the OP post, and i would've said exactly the same thing when Oversteps and Exai were new, but having said that i now find myself comparing elseq1-5 and the NTS sessions to those albums and, to be honest, i'm ready to admit that i think they're shit and i can't be bothered to listen to them.

if Confield had been released with titles like "frane casual", "bqbqbq" and "acid mwan idle", would you listen to it?

i completely agree with the OP post, and i would've said exactly the same thing when Oversteps and Exai were new, but having said that i now find myself comparing elseq1-5 and the NTS sessions to those albums and, to be honest, i'm ready to admit that i think they're shit and i can't be bothered to listen to them.

if Confield had been released with titles like "frane casual", "bqbqbq" and "acid mwan idle", would you listen to it?

Give it, like, 3 - 12 years.

uh, yeah. U friccin moron

Lol

i must admit that Incunabs and Amber do get a little old after the first hundred thousand listens.

Tri Repetae holds up SO WELL. ages like fine wine. nostalgic but still sounds fresh. it perfectly nailed the "rusty robots" aesthetic, which they expanded upon in the even rustier Chiastic, then abandoned for the "very-clean-but-still-malfunctioning robots" aesthetic of lp5.

Probably, because Ae regardless

Interestingly though "parhelic triangle", "bine", "eidetic casein", and "lentic catachresis" are all existing words in the English language. It's just that the ways in which they're combined could be construed as...catachreses

TBH tho do track titles matter that much? I mean, Sean and Rob could put a new track out and call it "butfuc octopi casual, CQcumb Nsrt epic" and we'd still listen to it

i must admit that Incunabs and Amber do get a little old after the first hundred thousand listens.

Tri Repetae holds up SO WELL. ages like fine wine. nostalgic but still sounds fresh. it perfectly nailed the "rusty robots" aesthetic, which they expanded upon in the even rustier Chiastic, then abandoned for the "very-clean-but-still-malfunctioning robots" aesthetic of lp5.

I can't listen to it regularly but I mostly agree. There's still nothing like Tri Rep. As rugged as it is, it's also clean and slick (not as much as LP5 of course) and muscular. It's also a bit austere which can make it kind of boring sometimes, but it's a big part of why it aged so much better than Amber's maudlin padscapes. Also I think it has just the right amount of hip hop DNA in it - it's almost never obvious but you can definitely hear it if you listen for it.

I think there's still plenty of fertile ground for imitating this album.

Fucking Eutow, man! It's such a stupid simple gimmick but it's still so weird and lush!

Archived