IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Pennywise
replaced the audio in this trailer with my own music/sound effect :cat:

Just saw some guy from Mojang post this on his twitter from the mojang website. Damn cool.

Did you know that louis CK is going to Stockholm on the 23rd of march? I know you like him from the louis ck thread.

https://buy.louisck.net/tour-dates

Edited by Pennywise

Guest Frankie5fingers
This game sucks ass.

I play for 30 minutes and the piece of shit freezes. No auto-save either.

.... I hate old games.

well thats good cause they hate you too.

i'm playing thief: deadly shadows. it's admittedly a mediocre game, but i enjoy the concept. is there a better version of this same idea available for pc?

i'm playing thief: deadly shadows. it's admittedly a mediocre game, but i enjoy the concept. is there a better version of this same idea available for pc?

Dishonored is what you are looking for. Great game too.

I've been playing Journey a lot lately. This game has helped me realize a lot about society and life's stages of ascension and descension.

Journey-Co-op-Barrems.jpg

Has anyone else had the pleasure?

I'm going old school, playing my favorite game of all time- Thief: The Dark Project!

It's amazing that something so low-poly can still scare me.

The music from that game was part of what got me into writing music in the first place.

Indeed, same for me!

Tried the demo did not see what all the hoopla is about.

It's actually probably a little foolhardy that they released a demo version. Unlike their previous games (Cloud,Flow & Flower) which I could see working in demo form due to their level based nature. Whereas (despite also having specific zones) this game is more about the 90 minute (or thereabouts) journey - hence the name of the game.

I'm a little trepidatious (is that a word ?) in saying this but you should maybe take the plunge and buy the whole thing - it's probably the nearest thing I've had to a spiritual experience from a game.

Guest Enter a new display name

Zone of the Enders sure was short... 3½ hour.

And people complain about today's games being short. It was pretty cool though. Can't wait to play the second one.

The 2nd Runner is BY FAR better than the first game. You'll see.

Tried the demo did not see what all the hoopla is about.

It's actually probably a little foolhardy that they released a demo version. Unlike their previous games (Cloud,Flow & Flower) which I could see working in demo form due to their level based nature. Whereas (despite also having specific zones) this game is more about the 90 minute (or thereabouts) journey - hence the name of the game.

I'm a little trepidatious (is that a word ?) in saying this but you should maybe take the plunge and buy the whole thing - it's probably the nearest thing I've had to a spiritual experience from a game.

Well a friend of mine got it so I won't have too. He is just going to give me his PS3 account information and I'm going to download it from his account and then install it on mine.

OK give it a good go :) I suggest playing it in the evening or night on the big screen with a good speaker system and just take in the atmosphere, the last 20 minutes or so (and the 'snowboarding' descent level) are just something else.

As I say, it should only take about an hour and a half from start to finish so it shouldn't take too much of your time up.

started playing dishonored on the recommendation in this thread. interesting game. almost what i'm looking for, although not quite the atmosphere or freedom i want. what i really want is a sandbox game where you steal shit from people in a kind of dark medieval setting like the thief games. but i'm enjoying dishonored for what it is.

Guest Mirezzi

I'm 80% through Bioshock and pretty disappointed for the most part. I just keep shaking my head at how amazing looking the world is, how fun and deep the story is, yet the gameplay is FUCKING DULL. Kill a few splicers, run around avoiding turrets and cameras, or worse, "hacking" them. Once in awhile, you kill a Big Daddy and save a little girl. The plasmids are mostly retarded, underpowered, or gimmicky. Not once in the game have I discovered a new ability and thought, "Oh fuck, this is a game changer."

Gonna finish it, most likely, but wow what a waste of great art and atmosphere. I've never played a game where the gameplay was so utterly at odds with the storyline. The "hacking" mechanic alone is the most annoying and tedious element of the game. You can hack vending machines, health thingies, u-make-it machines, cameras, turrets, bla bla bla bla bla.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I wanted so badly to love this game. Now I'm stuck sort of just...tolerating it.