IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

bladelores is awesome and you all should just shut up and listen to it. it almost sounds like a dopplereffekt track, with the tight beats and the best ambient sounds ever on the background. its beautiful.

Edited by Franciscus

am the only one here loving Keyosc? one of the highlights of the album for me

1 of the 2 times on this entire LP i can hear some fo the physical modeling synthesis they were so fond of on Oversteps

Edited by Awepittance

bladelores is awesome and you all should just shut up and listen to it.

Hah. I already did that twice. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent track in it's own right. I just don't think it's the best one on this album.

Edited by ambermonk

Guest jasondonervan

1 of the 2 times on this entire LP i can hear some fo the physical modeling synthesis they were so fond of on Oversteps

I'm down with keyosc. It works great in the general running order as a way to close proceedings.

this album feels very hypnogogic to me, listening to it for the 3rd time now and i feel like im listening to practically a different album. anybody else getting this effects? No effect like this on Quaristice or OVersteps

and i agree about the analog feel to it but not warm or soft like most analog centric music, it's sparkly. It reminds me a lot of what you can do with the Analog 4 or Arp 2600 with FM filter modulations. I feel like almost every bass line sound is being FM modulated to some extent, but not digital fm synths.

and i agree with digit about the mixing/engineering aspect of the album. For having such a chaotic noisy feel it's mixed beautifully. Nothing is muddy, even though at first glance it may seem that way on the surface. My qualm with the sound design wasn't that I think it has bad sound design, i think it's great it's just a sound palette that is used for almost the whole album. I prefer the more varying sound palette quality of Quaristice or Untilted personally. This is alot more focused on a singular aesthetic

Because everything is constantly changing and so its the opposite of Quackstyle or UNTLD , i have every Quaristice Track in my mind like a mp3 player i just need to press play !

I would love it, if a heavenly angel would answer my prayers, man

Guest Lucy Faringold

this album feels very hypnogogic to me, listening to it for the 3rd time now and i feel like im listening to practically a different album. anybody else getting this effects?

Yeah, it kinda feels like things are rearranging themselves behind my back.

Keyosc is a highlight ? very curious now i am

this album feels very hypnogogic to me, listening to it for the 3rd time now and i feel like im listening to practically a different album. anybody else getting this effects?

yeah, same for me. the second run was surprisingly different and seemed much shorter (not in a bad way). overall it's a brilliant, deep and very interesting album.

I feel there is a lot to "uncover" the next few times. and again surprisingly: i had quite a few deja-vu moments. I'm sure I heard a alot of the drumparts in their livesets over the last 2 or 3 tours. i really think the drum-programming in "lcc" was some sort of stepstone for ae's later tracks.

I had a funny nodezsh moment. i was instantly turned off by it's randomness, i thought nodezsh was exai's "known(1)" (big time shitty track), but after a few minutes, the melodic parts suddenly made sense in some wonderful and very alien way.

~1:56 in prac-f where everything opens up suddenly, just like in the hitchhiker's guide, where they are inside magrathea with that cable-car-thingy. It didn't work with my in-ear-headphones earlier today on my way to work, but with my beyerdynamic-headphones at home the moment was massive.

i'm sorry to say, but "flep" sucks and cloudline doesn't work for me...

Edited by panz0r

has Phling joined this party yet? I had like a remote concern that his health was keeping him away from the EXaitment, either that or he's locked himself in a room with his German tax payer A4. Hope you're ok Phling

Keyosc is a highlight ? very curious now i am

it's the only track on the whole affair that doesn't have an in your face beat, actually sounds like it could be an Oversteps outtake. Really nice

vekos reminds me of a Phonecia track, like them doing an homage to Gantz Graf . Has Autechre been listening to a lot of Schematic?

i noticed something else too, there is a bit of spectral/fft processing going on through out the LP but i hear a lot of notch filtering too (each snare drum hit will be notched out differently, or a sweeping notch on a layer), which is a sound i haven't heard too often in AE's music with a few exceptions like 'The trees' from untilted.

Edited by Awepittance

keyosc is frigging cute

only thing that would make it better would be Sean and Rob singing "WAAAAATMMMMMM" a capella over the top

so i guess its lovely baby melody for us watmmer to sleep well at night

it's interesting that the only tracks to leak were Spl9 and Tuinorizon, they are probably the most 'stripped down' tracks of the whole album. The other tracks have so many other odd buried layers and low volume sounds going on. Even though both those tracks suffered from low bit rates, all the other tracks would have suffered even more.

I have a gig to attend tonight but I can't pull myself away from trying random tracks on my speakers. Jatevee C is smashing my sub at the moment. My neighbours are going to hate me.

Guest bitroast

it's interesting that the only tracks to leak were Spl9 and Tuinorizon, they are probably the most 'stripped down' tracks of the whole album. The other tracks have so many other odd buried layers and low volume sounds going on. Even though both those tracks suffered from low bit rates, all the other tracks would have suffered even more.

it makes so much sense now why this album was announced without any sample tracks on warp*.

it doesn't sound like a 'double' album. but one long continual stream of sounds and beats. why give away any samples of that ??

Edited by pigster