IGNORED

MOVE OF TEN trip report

Ivan Ooze

I think of Move of Ten as Ae's most "accessible" album.  Like if I was in a car full of people who wouldn't necessarily appreciate Ae, I could still put this on and everyone would be doing the head nod to the beats/not getting upset.  Well, except on track 6 because apparently that one's scary (listening to Can at the moment, so can neither confirm nor deny).

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

move of ten is the one album where i thought "ya this is cold calculated emotionaless haertless" ae or whatever people used to say but soon after i felt the warmth, it touched my soul, i felt its grooves, and it bangs mega hard

Edited by cyanobacteria
  • Like 1

dun, hun! btw are you married by now?
Not married but still with the same waifu
Haven't shroomed/truffeled since 2013 tough. Gotta respect the magic, love and wisdom da gave me or i'm afraid it's gonna deathfukk me again in 8dimension loops

51 minutes ago, xox said:

these boy's dance steps are awesome. those speed variations control on foot drifting, man, ace.

(regardless of the ae track pasted upon the video, just talking about their moves)

edit ... well indeed this works well with the ae track also, as does the whole ghetto rainy street context

Edited by neurone

On 3/30/2021 at 9:54 PM, splesh said:

Or maybe eticyclidine since it's PCE, the "freeze" because of dissociative anaesthesia... and the 2.8i is because while you trip, you contemplate complex numbers (usually notated in the form a+bi, so in this case 2 + 0.8 * i)

I didn't know eticycline and I didn't understand the relationship with numbers, but since I am dyscalculic as fuck, if it's a kind of ketamine that also makes me reconcile with numbers, then I'm in

btw, MOT with K. =  perfect journey... but which Ae is not?
Once a friend - who doesn't like Ae - tried ketamine for the first time.  He was a little wary but curiosity won him; when the situation got up, just before slipping into the hole, he struggled to whisper "I'm not surprised you like this stuff, it's autechre".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Draft78 said:

I didn't know eticycline and I didn't understand the relationship with numbers, but since I am dyscalculic as fuck, if it's a kind of ketamine that also makes me reconcile with numbers, then I'm in

btw, MOT with K. =  perfect journey... but which Ae is not?
Once a friend - who doesn't like Ae - tried ketamine for the first time.  He was a little wary but curiosity won him; when the situation got up, just before slipping into the hole, he struggled to whisper "I'm not surprised you like this stuff, it's autechre".

tried i believe four different dissos years back but music always sounded like shit on dissos for me unfortunately

now lysergamides - that's a completely different story

50 minutes ago, eclipsis said:

tried i believe four different dissos years back but music always sounded like shit on dissos for me unfortunately

now lysergamides - that's a completely different story

It is true, listening in K can be precarious, sometimes part of the frequencies are lost together with the ability to orient oneself on the structures, then, if you exceed even a little, you lose every coordinate of world and life and goodbye, but if I may say , the situation changes drastically if K is associated with something else. Specifically, the most deep experiences, where listening sublimates into something that goes beyond the discovery of sound, and becomes an ontological act that touches and transforms the cognition of being, have happened by associating opium with a minimal - really minimal - quantity of K. They are both depressants of the nervous system, when combined a lot of caution is needed, but the effect of the two things changes, merging into something gentle, immensely elegant; no more distinction between mental and physical. And the thing can go on for hours, reproducing a sense of perpetual revelation. There is no other substance or combination among those that I have come across that has led me to such an essential and primitive relationship with music. In my case music primarily translates as autechre: oversteps, mot, quadrange, elseq5, nts4 are the psychopomp. Glasgow 2005 is a relentless vision generator too.

The next day there is no way to get out of bed: this is the inconvenience.

• Like 1

wanted to take psychedelics & listen to move of ten ( I DMT+IDM ). unfortunately got too high & ended up pushing my oven off my second floor balcony. montreal mayor rob ford to declare idm illegal, quoted as saying "well, y'know, if food machines are getting destroyed, that's when somethin' has to go - and it's not gonna be the thing I can smoke"

• Haha 2

Lysergamides are certainly healthier than arylcyclohexylamines for whatever that's worth. About 2.8i and complex numbers, let me explain. A real number is something like 2.0 or 2.0001042 as opposed to a natural number which is just any positive whole number, i.e. 8. The square root of -1 is the smallest imaginary number, which is referred to as i . This number is also in general, the unit for imaginary numbers, so for instance the square root of -5 is referred to as 5i. Complex numbers take the form a + bi where a and b are nonzero  real numbers, so 2.0 + 0.8 is 2.8, times i would give you 2.8i

9 hours ago, splesh said:

Lysergamides are certainly healthier than arylcyclohexylamines for whatever that's worth. About 2.8i and complex numbers, let me explain. A real number is something like 2.0 or 2.0001042 as opposed to a natural number which is just any positive whole number, i.e. 8. The square root of -1 is the smallest imaginary number, which is referred to as i . This number is also in general, the unit for imaginary numbers, so for instance the square root of -5 is referred to as 5i. Complex numbers take the form a + bi where a and b are nonzero  real numbers, so 2.0 + 0.8 is 2.8, times i would give you 2.8i

small correction: the square root of -5 would be root(5)i (approx 2.24i), since root(-5) = root(-1 * 5) = root(-1) * root(5) = i * root(5)

also in the form a + bi, a and bi are not like terms and can't combine (so 2.0 + 0.8i wouldn't simplify, 2.8i written in that form would just be 0 + 2.8i)

but yeah I like the idea that pce freeze 2.8i could be referencing complex numbers. they're used in some DSP applications like the fourier transform, could be related to a patch or something. it's such a great track too, might be my favorite on the EP. Move of Ten is just delicious all around

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Boxus said:

small correction: the square root of -5 would be root(5)i (approx 2.24i), since root(-5) = root(-1 * 5) = root(-1) * root(5) = i * root(5)

also in the form a + bi, a and bi are not like terms and can't combine (so 2.0 + 0.8i wouldn't simplify, 2.8i written in that form would just be 0 + 2.8i)

but yeah I like the idea that pce freeze 2.8i could be referencing complex numbers. they're used in some DSP applications like the fourier transform, could be related to a patch or something. it's such a great track too, might be my favorite on the EP. Move of Ten is just delicious all around

Right, yeah. Thanks for the correction.