IGNORED

The Daily Commute

Guest onesixoneight

Also, I'd like to say thanks to luke viia for helping the company I work for move to a new office; it's a great office but I think we might raise the price of textbooks just a little more so we can buy more coffee beans and soy milk for employees.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest theSun

there was an extremely twitchy, clearly insane man sitting next to me on my commute this morning, who kept mumbling savagely to himself while making small jagged movements with his hands.

I hadn't had my bircher muesli.

indeed, thankfully i'm not in some metal shit tunnel with all you public transit twats. i get to floor it in my 1.6 L kia soul (manual for racing) trying to hit the next deer/racoon for an honest meal

Guest theSun

Intentionally hitting animals with your car is cruel.

i hope you didn't think i was serious lol. a deer would likely total my shit

on my commute home today i sat next to a large, very obviously coked-off-her-face business woman, who had a iphone in one hand and a blackberry in the other, and was constantly switching between them feverishly bashing out emails, whilst flicking her hair in my face every four seconds. i glanced at what she was doing and it seemed to be something to do with an ad agency so she must have been beaked up.

Back on the bike today. It's fucking lovely having that ice cold breeze cooling me down. Summer is really difficult as I have a ridiculously high body temperature but I think I'm going to enjoy the autumn bike rides.

Chain on my bike was clicking all over the place this morning and came off a couple of times. Anyone more bike experienced can tell me why this is?

10 minutes on the bus and a 5 minute walk to work. About halfway on my walk to work I make a pitstop at my local coffee shop, which is located 2 minutes away from work. I don't mind my morning commute, because it's the only chance I get to read tweets and listen to podcasts.

Chain on my bike was clicking all over the place this morning and came off a couple of times. Anyone more bike experienced can tell me why this is?

limit-stop screws might need adjusting. they set how far the derailer moves left and right...

derailer_adj.gif

if it's not that it could be either a loose chain or a stiff link?

Guest Drahken

25 miles. Used to be 7 but my I moved my business out into the sticks so I wouldn't have to bother with retail anymore and could focus on my important clients. Despite the longer drive I enjoy it a lot more, most of it is on rural roads through the forest.

Fix your chain immediately. Mine coming off is how I broke my arm. I said "I'll fix it next week" and I didn't make it that far.

Yeah I noticed a weak link in the chain, one of the pins is loose. Fucking annoying, I only got back on the bike today after about three weeks, what the hell caused that?

I've not actually changed a chain before so this will be good to learn at least.

about 1 minute to bus stop. 5.55 am bus. takes about 45 minutes and then i walk for about 10 minutes.

at the moment i just sit there for the whole journey, thinking about ways of dying.

there's only black people on the bus at that time, which is a bit odd.

edit: apart from me

It's currently about 8:20 am, and because I stayed at my girlfriend's house in New Cross last night I'm currently sat on the London Overground. I love these trains so much. They're spacious, bright, not too busy, air conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. BRILLIANT TRAINS!

But once I get to Canada Water, I'll need to mount my old nemesis, the Jubilee Line. Not looking forward to that.

Archived