IGNORED

Tim and Eric fans

Guest dunharvestskreech

i've seen it

It's clearly (probably !) a tongue-in-cheek take on the artsy-indie-hipster movie scene

elaborate!

Damnit, I got halfway though a long reply and I bloody closed the tab ...

Anyway, imagine a film full of those in-between bits of scenes. A film with little content, character or plot development. A film with overlong segments of establishing shots with slow 'contemplative' music, scenes that are meant to highlight the gravitas of a situation but without the situation being featured. A film that's pretty much entirely style over substance. Stylistically/Thematically It's the polar opposite of B$M

However, that sounds like I'm completely knocking it but I'm not. The joy of Mr. Heidecker's works (I'd say this project is mostly his focus) is that you never know what angle he's going for or what he's attacking but that there's always a point behind something. If you've ever heard his stand up shows or heard things like his solo podcast interviews you know exactly what he's in for.

If you go into the movie fully prepared for a [knowingly] pretentious film then you're in for a fun ride. If not you're gonna be pissed off, bored or just disappointed.

I've downloaded The Comedy, but have yet to watch it.

did you check the copy? cause i've downloaded a version that's one hour and a half of tim on his boat drinking champagne making fun of whoever downloaded it...

Yeah, I've heard that version is quite prevalent on the net - Don't worry that's not the film, there is a 'normal' version !

Yeah, I fast forwarded through the one I got after reading about the fakes and mine is real whole film. There's another version that is only the first 10 minutes of the movie, then just anti piracy message with links to get it legitimately.

Damnit, I got halfway though a long reply and I bloody closed the tab ...

Anyway, imagine a film full of those in-between bits of scenes. A film with little content, character or plot development. A film with overlong segments of establishing shots with slow 'contemplative' music, scenes that are meant to highlight the gravitas of a situation but without the situation being featured. A film that's pretty much entirely style over substance. Stylistically/Thematically It's the polar opposite of B$M

However, that sounds like I'm completely knocking it but I'm not. The joy of Mr. Heidecker's works (I'd say this project is mostly his focus) is that you never know what angle he's going for or what he's attacking but that there's always a point behind something. If you've ever heard his stand up shows or heard things like his solo podcast interviews you know exactly what he's in for.

If you go into the movie fully prepared for a [knowingly] pretentious film then you're in for a fun ride. If not you're gonna be pissed off, bored or just disappointed.

you mean, like sofia copola's somewhere???

i liked the comedy, and yes thinking about it now it looks in fact like a satire of an hipster movie...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

im surprised the Comedy is getting such rave reviews on Rottentomatoes. IT's not like it's a bad movie but it has little to no narrative structure. It's just almost 2 hours of what hanging out with Tim and Eric in real life might be like. There were some great moments in it overall though. My favorite scene was the aging vacuous hipster baseball game and beer drinking bicycle ride, because i know a ton of people in the bay area who breathe that same level of insincere hipsterdom. In a way it's a pretty good caricature of that culture since absolutely nothing interesting happens in the film. The only thing missing was the taxidermic nature of a hipster learning a lot about underground culture but having absolutely no reason to be into it other than seeming cool to his peers.

Edited by Awepittance

• 6 years later...

Ya$$ne$$

The Steve Brule clip where he visits Jan's tuna can new home has been missing from YT for a while now, and I've had to subsist on in the meantime has been train jazz!

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
11 hours ago, Tim_J said:

photo-120.jpg

Where the fuck is Eugene? 

B7, Torrenting, Israel

Just watched this, damn Vic Berger was pretty cringey with his laughing at his super annoying soundbytes.

Edited by Gocab

6 hours ago, Gocab said:

B7, Torrenting, Israel

Just watched this, damn Vic Berger was pretty cringey with his laughing at his super annoying soundbytes.

I thought he was the best part tbh. But I'm pretty cringey myself 

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...