IGNORED

µ-Ziq - Chewed Corners

cear

Guest Papillon

Cd and 2x12" pre-ordered ! From the teasers, it's so promising, this could be one of his very best album : as timeless as Tango N Vectif or Lunatic Harness yet very "modern" at the same time. Can't wait to listen to the full-tunes.

The music sounds really nice, I have to admit though I stopped following U-ziq releases when he started doing drm and bass, this and the collection of older tracks he released recently I think are probably the best releases since his first few records IMHO. I didn't really understand what he was doing with that Slazenger alias I guess it just didn't seem right after Tango N Vectif which was a masterpiece.

I remember Rephlex published something giveaway once that said "regardless of what you think of his (u-ziq) music now, we will always have tango n' vectif" I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist.

Oh well I'm glad to hear this music, and be on this forum to read what other's think about this release.

Oh the reason I quoted you, was also to ask - why do people buy CDs? Oh boy i haven't bought a CD in maybe 6 or 7 years. I just pick up the vinyl and download the mp3 for my car. Oh i see now you've bought a vinyl too.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Papillon

I have to admit though I stopped following U-ziq releases when he started doing drm and bass

You mean you skipped "Lunatic Harness"?

dlPMEiM.gif

\That;s funny man.

No I do have that now that you mention it, the one the orange sleeve with the guy sitting at the table. I remember it was very good too. I think the one I didn't like was Slazenger, and Pine something???

Ahh yes Weakling Paradinas... I didn't hear that track on the XTEP sample so I was bummed that he didn't pick it out to release from that soundcloud mix, but I hadn't checked the track samples for the LP yet, and I was pleasantly surprised. Must preorder both.

2013 is indeed the new 2001.

Cd and 2x12" pre-ordered ! From the teasers, it's so promising, this could be one of his very best album : as timeless as Tango N Vectif or Lunatic Harness yet very "modern" at the same time. Can't wait to listen to the full-tunes.

The music sounds really nice, I have to admit though I stopped following U-ziq releases when he started doing drm and bass, this and the collection of older tracks he released recently I think are probably the best releases since his first few records IMHO. I didn't really understand what he was doing with that Slazenger alias I guess it just didn't seem right after Tango N Vectif which was a masterpiece.

I remember Rephlex published something giveaway once that said "regardless of what you think of his (u-ziq) music now, we will always have tango n' vectif" I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist.

Oh well I'm glad to hear this music, and be on this forum to read what other's think about this release.

Oh the reason I quoted you, was also to ask - why do people buy CDs? Oh boy i haven't bought a CD in maybe 6 or 7 years. I just pick up the vinyl and download the mp3 for my car. Oh i see now you've bought a vinyl too.

Yes, I bought both. Because I also want a copy I can also listen to when having shower. I'd rather spend a little bit more and buy the CD (with artwork and the possibility to rip the CD) than the digital release. And as I sometimes DJ on big PAs, I prefer wav to mp3s.

Weakling Paradinas is amazing! So many melodies just layering on top of each other. Brilliant. Sunny. Positive. Enthusiastic. Just perfect. And µ-Ziq is taking his time for this track. I whole length it really builds up to epic.

Track times as requested:

1. Taikon (5:17)
2. Christ Dust (3:02)
3. Wipe (4:43)
4. Monyth (1:46)
5. Twangle Melkas (2:50)
6. Melting Bas (3:36)
7. Houzz 10 (5:31)
8. Feeble Minded (4:30)
9. Hug (2:58)
10. Mountain Island Boner (4:09)
11. Tickly Flanks (3:30)
12. Smooch (3:42)
13. Gunnar (4:38)
14. Weakling Paradinas (7:34)

+ 15. Smear (Bonus track) (7:27)

maybe i sound like an idiot, but anyone link me to a US distributor for these releases? i love Mike but Im not paying 15 bucks on shipping

just d/l !! you get extra and it's cheaper.

that reminds me, i've got to remember my password so i can pick up xstep. DAMNIT WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS DID I USE ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

that reminds me, i've got to remember my password so i can pick up xstep. DAMNIT WHICH EMAIL ADDRESS DID I USE ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

the one with the space in front of it?

the one with the space in front of it?

Ifeelspace

Glad I only preordered the digital now, I can justify splashing out on the Japanese CD.

and then sharing the bonus songs in a completely legal and not at all illegal way ? :wink::happy:

jk. Kind of.

but hey where do you order the Japanese versions from? Is there anything I need to know before trying to use/rip them? (Is there different zoning like video games/dvds such that I couldn't use them in a regular player???)

sorry I'm newb.

CD's are cd's. Regional zoning is something only the diabolical mind's of the film industry could dream up.

ahh I see! Thanks man. I'll just start ordering the japanese versions for the bonus songs =)

Glad I only preordered the digital now, I can justify splashing out on the Japanese CD.

and then sharing the bonus songs in a completely legal and not at all illegal way ? :wink::happy:

jk. Kind of.

but hey where do you order the Japanese versions from? Is there anything I need to know before trying to use/rip them? (Is there different zoning like video games/dvds such that I couldn't use them in a regular player???)

sorry I'm newb.

I order mine from HMV Japan. Not exactly cheap, for an average CD I usually a little under £30 all-in, whatever that converts to (not sure what shipping anywhere other than the UK is like). Never had any problems with Amazon Japan either, although they're not as quick in my experience. This explains why I'll probably never pay off my credit card. But like delet said, just play as normal CDs, and you get a nice obi strip and translated inserts and stuff as well as bonus tracks.

Archived