IGNORED

Election Day 2012: The Thread

chaosmachine

78 members have voted

1. 1. who's gonna win?

• Obama
    • Romney

I'm in los angeles

I know a few libertarian gun nuts who think Obama is going to "ban guns" because he supports renewing a federal ban on semi-automatic assault weapons for civilians, but he is definitely not going to ban guns and it's not like he could snap his fingers and do so even if he wanted to.

Personally, I think that if you have to resort to using an automatic assault rifle to kill things, you're a fucking pussy. Real men use their bare hands. This is my retort to all libertarians, and they laugh until they see my thousand yard stare and detect the vague scent of masculine bloodlust wafting from my nether regions (which bulge triumphantly from my zebra striped Zubaz)

ptsd-karate-kyle.jpg

that didn't really happen but you can totally imagine

:lol:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile...

zHpqr.png

yeah, that was pretty entertaining to watch last night. i had some co-workers complaining about the same thing before all the votes were in-with california's largely left-leaning population it was obvious obama's popular numbers were going to go up. my co-workers have been strangely quiet today.

florida is amazing. how can they still not have their ballots counted? can any floridians shed some light?

florida is amazing. how can they still not have their ballots counted? can any floridians shed some light?

it's florida, man. looks like a big floppy cock. full of old people and chongas. don't even ask.

it's florida, man. looks like a big floppy cock. full of old people and chongas. don't even ask.

lol

also: the electoral college is a disaster. apart from elections for the entire nation that come down to 9 or 10 counties, it's extremely unfair because the amount of electoral votes is not tied to the amount of votes per state and instead tied to population (many of whom never vote)

I'd love to see an election where the electoral votes were determined AFTER everyone voted simply by number of votes per state and not population. Seems like that would really reveal who cares about voting. It would probably increase our turnout by at least 50%

There are still people waiting in line to vote.

Edit: on this.

The election procedures are just a mess in the US. Every state has their own things. I understand there are local issues being voted on, but can't they at least make the federal elections (congress and presidential) uniform in the whole country and supervised by an independent organization. And make sure there are enough polling places so people don't need to wait in line for hours to cast their vote. And why the hell is it held on a damn Tuesday that is not a holiday, at least make it a holiday or move it to a weekend. Smarten up, Americans.

The election procedures are just a mess in the US. Every state has their own things. I understand there are local issues being voted on, but can't they at least make the federal elections (congress and presidential) uniform in the whole country and supervised by an independent organization. And make sure there are enough polling places so people don't need to wait in line for hours to cast their vote. And why the hell is it held on a damn Tuesday that is not a holiday, at least make it a holiday or move it to a weekend. Smarten up, Americans.

+1 from America. We will bomb you for democracy, and we will practically bomb our own to prevent it.

Smarten up, Americans.

but we've elected Obama, and apparently many people outside of the United States think we are smart for doing so. ISn't that enough? Don't be hard on us, until of course we vote the next republican into office because that dude will be a laughing stock!

No way man, he's a thoughtful guy and he has nothing to loose now, it's going to be the most liberal 4 year term in history. I trust the dude to do what's right. Plus he smoked weed and was a constitutional law professor, there's no way he would fight the legalization...

Obama's war on pot - Rolling Stone

BUT IT FELT SO GOOD TO VOTE 4 HIM, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE WHY HE DOES THIS? I STILL THINK HES A GOOD GUY THO. HE COMMUNITY ORGANIZED AND HE HELPS THE PEOPLE WITH MOVING SPEECHES. HE IS A GREAT STORY TELLER. I LIKE TO HEAR HIM SAY STUFF THAT IS MOTIVATIONAL. AMERICANS NEED MOTIVATION. MOST AMERICANS DON'T HAVE MOTIVATIONS SO I UNDERSTAND WHY HE IS AGAINST MARIJUANA, PLUS ROMNEY HATES PEOPLE WHO SMOKE WEED. HE'LL COME AROUND WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT. KEEP THE FAITH

ONE LOVE

one of the more asinine republican sour grapes reactions to the election comes from none other than Victoria Jackson (SNL alumni, who mostly was terrible, you probably remember her better as the wife in UHF) who said on twitter

post-403-0-05504400-1352415502_thumb.jpg

does this dumb bitch know that Romney is a mormon, not a Christian? And does she forget Obama is a Christian who had an anti gay preacher inaugurate him? Or is she so idiotic she still thinks Obama is a muslim atheist (as a lot of those morons in the Romney rally video claimed)

I don't mean this as an insult to people with developmental disabilities, but Victoria Jackson is probably mentally retarded by clinical, DSM-IV standards.

I am no fan of obama's middle-right wing policies, but my relief that romney did not win is still enormous. I mean, you would have a hard time finding anyone who represents corporate america & the selfish elitist <1% than romney.

I don't usually like using infographics to make an argument, but this chart is pretty straight-forward & self explanatory

YN0MI.jpg

(although the fact that it's apparently from fox kind of troubles me)

Archived