Election Day 2012: The Thread

chaosmachine

78 members have voted

1. 1. who's gonna win?

• Obama
    • Romney

Obama will win in MA anyway so...

I voted for Elizabeth Warren, Senator

I voted for motor vehicle manufacturing information to be available for all consumers.

I voted for the right for terminally ill patients to die less painfully.

I voted for medical marijuana.

Voting feels super.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in CA. And it seems most of the third party vote is skewing to Gary Johnson, so I doubt it's traditional Obama supporters turning out. [edit: obviously I don't have enough data to back that claim up]

in before YO303 casts single vote against obama

that one vote for romney is actually joyrex.

in other news, in a class today (dealing with israeli wars from sociological perspective) the professor asked who would we vote for in american elections. one guy said obama, the others said they didn't care and i, thinking i would outhipster everyone and hoping to get an approving "ha!" from the proffesor said i'd vote for jill stein. but instead of "ha!" he went "who ?!". fail.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

in other news, in a class today (dealing with israeli wars from sociological perspective) the professor asked who would we vote for in american elections. one guy said obama, the others said they didn't care and i, thinking i would outhipster everyone and hoping to get an approving "ha!" from the proffesor said i'd vote for jill stein. but instead of "ha!" he went "who ?!". fail.

who is right. the other parties are kept so far out of the msm it's shocking.

i can't vote (as i haven't applied for citizenship yet). i'm only sad I can't vote on state ballots

I just hope those voting for a third-party candidate for president aren't in swing states.

i'm in mn, which is pretty solidly for obama, and traditionally goes democrat. i'd like to think i'd vote for jill stein no matter where i lived, but it's easy to say that when my vote most likely won't affect the state i live in.

romney's lushness index just went way the fuck up

he really has a pencha for these last minute game changes. wonder what the exit pules will show

in before YO303 casts single vote against obama

First of all i can't vote in american elections, second of all i'm left-leaning and third of all you don't vote against a candidate you vote in favor of a candidate.

Obama will win in MA anyway so...

I voted for Elizabeth Warren, Senator

I voted for motor vehicle manufacturing information to be available for all consumers.

I voted for the right for terminally ill patients to die less painfully.

I voted for medical marijuana.

Voting feels super.

Your state proposals kick ass compared to Texas. Every session we have amendment proposals like: "TELL 'MERICA WE CAN BE OUR OWN COUNTRY" "MAKE GAYS ILLEGALS AND ILLEGALS GAY" "RAPE EDUCATION SPENDING"

I'm paraphrasing but that's pretty close to the actual legal wording.

I'm actually more anxious about my State Rep winning - she's a very experienced legislator who won by only 15 votes (something lik 5 or 6 after multiple recounts) last election against a Tea Party Republican whose political qualification was playing for the Denver Broncos when they won the super bowl. I really hope she can win again.

I wish there was a "House of Romney's" cast of Romney clone candidates, i.e. like the House of Cosbys, so I could of voted for circa-2004-closet-liberal-Romney in primary.

you'd have to be a lawyer to understand some of those questions. if you weren't familiar with them already. at least i think so. they were sort of confusing to me the way they were worded. pretty sure i voted for gay marriage. i hope so

where are you at marf? In WA all the bills were couched in bizarre, lengthy legal wording and seemed to say nothing at all (eg "This amendment would, starting July 1, 2014, phase-down the debt limit percentage in three steps from nine to eight percent and modify the calculation date, calculation period, and the term general state revenues. Should this constitutional amendment be: [ ] Approved [ ] Rejected" --- I have no idea. NEED MORE DATA!)

but luckily here in WA there's an online voters guide that clarifies quite a bit of the mumbo jumbo and has pros/cons arguments written out from different people. It was enormously helpful, as was the rest of the internet. :cisfor:

lolol funny they can just do whatever to let people vote

cool u guys can vote laws though (i had no idea! / we cant do that here), if there'd be the chance i'd probably only vote on laws/bills. voting on a single dude or party is imo undemocratic anyways, you can never agree a 100% on everything with anyone or an entity (at least i can't)..

here's some unfinished thought i've had for some time: important laws or propositions could be generated through algorithms where there's a lot of fuzz about (just like trending subjects on twitter). or in some other way, doesn't matter too much. either way anyone who has the right to vote could do so within a certain period of time, that would actually give power to the people (demos kratos) and interest me at least way more. :)

(im talking bout actual law voting and phasing out of the era of person/party voting)

Guest Ron Manager

I'm registered in a swing state (CO) but didn't file an absentee this year - partly out of apathy, part being too busy. As I'd only be voting against Romney, I'm not that arsed about it. Although I would feel guilty if Romney carried it by a single vote.

so far Romney 24 - Obama 3 (4 states)

Although these are the first results, I'm actually starting to believe Romney has a bigger chance of winning. Some dude on tv made some good points on that Romney actually has more experience in the field than Obama had. Prepare your asshole middle east, it's about to get ripped to shreds!

"RAPE EDUCATION SPENDING"

is that like spending on how to rape better?

I'm actually more anxious about my State Rep winning - she's a very experienced legislator who won by only 15 votes (something lik 5 or 6 after multiple recounts) last election against a Tea Party Republican whose political qualification was playing for the Denver Broncos when they won the super bowl. I really hope she can win again.

If being a Super Bowl champion isn't enough political experience for you, you're a communist.

Archived