chaosmachine

78 members have voted

1. 1. who's gonna win?

• Obama
    • Romney

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also like to express how proud I am of my facebook feed: not one absurdly anti-Obama/pro-Romney update, only a few over-the-top pro-Obama posts, and the rest of the updates were either jokes or meme shares. There were even a few humbled "things are going to be fine, wish the president the best, etc" status update from conservatives I know.

I'd like to thank tact in editing my newsfeed options as well as my general taste in friends and family.

there needs to be a law that if they make it on the Ballot, they make it into the debate.

i agree with this

and good job WA, let's all hit the government bong and marry our best friends 5X265.gif

Voted Green also. Ditto what was said above about Kerry and settling for a candidate. Has anyone found final tallies for 3rd party votes? Google has failed me thus far.

I'm relieved at the results, and disappointed at the same time. I want a national popular vote but it was uncomfortably close.

But hoorayy for legalization and marriage! Those are REAL VICTORIES. They warm my heart.

Guest RadarJammer

so about marijuana. does that mean medical or can anyone buy it and smoke it ?

We have had medical for awhile and I'm not sure how this effects those people but this new law will mean anyone over 21 with a valid ID can buy it at a liquor store that is licensed to sell it. Opening a marijuana package or smoking in public will probably bring you a fine.

well done to WA and CO. respect!

the rest of the US.., especially all the 'red' areas,.. you suck.

(except NY)

yeah, fuck people in other states issuing a popular mandate to legalize recognition of gay rights.

Am I wrong in thinking that the fact that many various states made fairly big changes resembles a leap towards a more 'federate' relationship between states & nat.gov? It's like a handful of states finally decided "okay. this'll probably be good. let's give this a try." and went on their way legalizing or banning things willy nilly.

Am I wrong in thinking that the fact that many various states made fairly big changes resembles a leap towards a more 'federate' relationship between states & nat.gov? It's like a handful of states finally decided "okay. this'll probably be good. let's give this a try." and went on their way legalizing or banning things willy nilly.

well id definitely see it as a relatively big leap towards social libertarianism in some sense, so yeah. Im seriously cnsidering if the 2012 ballots end up becoming a big ideological and social watershed for the coming generations.

Ive been watching Fox news flip their shit today....but I have to admit I am growing to sort of like Shepard Smith...he seems to genuinely get pissed off at the fact that he works for an agitprop mouthpiece and goes "Network" on everyone....just saw him flip the fuck out on some Republican rep over Boehner's vague "close tax loopholes" speech.

Hes definitely an idiot, but he seems like more of a genuine increasingly self-aware idiot compared to the other shills.

Ive been watching Fox news flip their shit today....but I have to admit I am growing to sort of like Shepard Smith...he seems to genuinely get pissed off at the fact that he works for an agitprop mouthpiece and goes "Network" on everyone....just saw him flip the fuck out on some Republican rep over Boehner's vague "close tax loopholes" speech.

Hes definitely an idiot, but he seems like more of a genuine increasingly self-aware idiot compared to the other shills.

lol

so is Obomber gonna ban guns now?

No

If you are a president you do not piss off gun nuts, for obvious historical reasons

..thought I heard him or somebody saying he was gonna ban guns...

maybe I dreamt it.

whereabouts in the wild west are you baph?

I'm in los angeles

I know a few libertarian gun nuts who think Obama is going to "ban guns" because he supports renewing a federal ban on semi-automatic assault weapons for civilians, but he is definitely not going to ban guns and it's not like he could snap his fingers and do so even if he wanted to.

Personally, I think that if you have to resort to using an automatic assault rifle to kill things, you're a fucking pussy. Real men use their bare hands. This is my retort to all libertarians, and they laugh until they see my thousand yard stare and detect the vague scent of masculine bloodlust wafting from my nether regions (which bulge triumphantly from my zebra striped Zubaz)

ptsd-karate-kyle.jpg

that didn't really happen but you can totally imagine

Personally, I think that if you have to resort to using an automatic assault rifle to kill things, you're a fucking pussy.

I agree. sickos. no citizen needs anything like that.

anyway, apologies for going off topic. as you were...

:smile:

Archived