IGNORED

Forgotten IDM producers

Poimandres

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ambulance (well Sunken Foal hasn't)

Damn, somehow I never knew that Sunken Foal was half of Ambulance - going to grab all the SF stuff now; cheers!

I did not know that either! Ambulance was superb!

Holy shit.. been listening to Friday Syndrome vol.1 (free album) for the past 2 days on repeat and it's fantastic!

Xanopticon and Terminal 11 did and still do a lot of high tempo intricate beat programming. Don't see them mentioned very much on her

e

What has Xanopticon released that isn't Liminal Space? I was just thinking about posting him in this thread last night, but my internet has been down the last two days.

o9

Secret Frequency Crew

Vorpal

OOO

I think o9 was mentioned.

Secret Frequency Crew is great, I don't know what happened to them.

Vorpal is apparently a game tester in Toronto or something. I think it was Enter a New Display Name that said this? I'm not sure anymore.

It'd be nice to know where OOO went, Upon Cycles was great.

Guest liquiday

HA, I had that album. I don't even know how I got it. Not sure if it's still around. He was like a Russian guy, no?

yeah, Russian golden age of electronic music.

Guest vletrmx

Hi, I'm new here.

Anyways, has anyone heard anything about Komori? Just stumbled on this by chance.

A little sleuthing led me to his page on Rolax, some label, which mentioned Otto von Schirach. Hmm.

Guest facades

Novel23, EU and Sleepy Town Manufacture from Russia

Sink, Broaden, and Arco5 from France

Some stuff on Neo Ouija like Deru, Seven Ark and Verbose

Some more on morr music (early years) as Hermann & Kleine or Phonem

The buddy system, Tim Koch, Sense, Ten&Tracer on U-Cover

And does anyone remember of Unit ? The Narcoleptic symphony remains one my favourite IDM album.

Also, I recently found out about Florence - 'occurences', which is very good

I don't think anyone mentioned it in this thread. Twerk...more on the microhouse side of things, but I just have to mention that twerk made a great track by the name of 'penis slapping against the leg of a naked man running' and it rox

And does anyone remember of Unit ? The Narcoleptic symphony remains one my favourite IDM album.

I quite enjoy a lot of the artists you listed. So much good stuff out there.

Some of them are still active, like EU who released an album pretty recently. It sounds a lot different to their earlier releases, but I think they have a good following in Russia. I really enjoyed Verbose but he moved away from IDM to more shoegazey stuff.

Also, Seven Ark is none other than DJ Hi-Tek from Die Antwoord!

Guest facades

Some of them are still active, like EU who released an album pretty recently. It sounds a lot different to their earlier releases, but I think they have a good following in Russia. I really enjoyed Verbose but he moved away from IDM to more shoegazey stuff.

Thanks, I'm going to check the new EU album.

I had never heard of Die Antwoorp, and I'm going to give a listen right away, cause I really love the 2 seven ark albums.

There's an error in my previous post : there's no such thing as Broaden, it's actually Fedaden and his album was titled Broader (definitely worth the try) so I confused everything.

Thanks, I'm going to check the new EU album.

I had never heard of Die Antwoorp, and I'm going to give a listen right away, cause I really love the 2 seven ark albums.

There's an error in my previous post : there's no such thing as Broaden, it's actually Fedaden and his album was titled Broader (definitely worth the try) so I confused everything.

Hehe Die Antwoord are a crazy South African hip hop group with DJ Hi-Tek/Seven Ark doing all of the beats. I think they are pretty awesome, but very far removed from the stuff Seven Ark was making.

Here's a link to EU's bandcamp for the newest stuff. There latest release is a free download: http://eumusic.bandcamp.com/

Jake Mandell made some great tracks. I think seem to recall he ended up going into the neuroscience field...

Jake Mandell released Scales of Magnification on his own in 09 or 10. Its a great album, although different than his other stuff (all his releases were really...) Its more of a display of sound design, think, old Freeform meets Phoenicia's newer stuff maybe? Mandell's got a tone-deaf test on his site that's kinda fun...

Ditto on missing Arovane, Lexaunculpt, E.O.G. (all the artists on Dub,) Beaumont Hannant, Lackluster and Markant...

I'll add Eyephone, Syndrome, Aspen, Lillienthal, a lot more that I can't think of right now...There were a TON of classic compilations from a ton of benchmark labels back in the day...

Archived