IGNORED

Oblivion

halisray

It's definitely top of the list of films I'm looking forward to, not that there's much else there, but man, I have high hopes for this film. Best film I've never seen. *goes to imdb and rates it ten stars*

They can push back Gravity to 2015 for all I care.

As long as it's going to live up to my expectations.

Alfonso Cuarón making a movie set in space. Almost sounds too good to be true.

And it's going to be a looooooong movie as far as I remember. Perfect!

So apparently M83 is doing the entire soundtrack to Oblivion, for some reason that makes me somwhat excited to see the film. What?! I don't even care about M83, but I guess it proves they have some faint trace of ambition and willingness to think outside the box, no?

Trailer gives too much away

Premise:

Skilled agent doing a thing, thinks its a good thing

Twist:

Turns out hes been lied to - the thing hes so skilled in is a BAD THING

Payoff:

Skilled agent treads risky path with neither side trusting him but pulls through due to skilledness

• 2 months later...
Guest zaphod

i like how the trailer assumes foreknowledge of the film's characters and situations through a series of low bass rumbles and flashes of people's faces. it's like these things are being designed to snap an audience out of perpetual boredom. "oh my god, things. tom cruise. blackness. stuff. what was that? Booooooorrrmppphhh".

• 1 month later...

Premise:

Twist:

Payoff:

Skilled agent treads risky path with neither side trusting him but pulls through due to skilledness

re: Oblivion:

Just saw it. While my earlier prediction wasn't far off, its actually a pretty good film.

Solid Sci-fi premises, solid acting, amazing scenery, good production and sound design. There are a few action sequences that are a bit too hollywoody, and its a little long, but there are a lot of cool moments and its fairly unpatronising in the way it deals with the sci-fi elements.

Some reviewers have complained that its too serious and there's no light relief. I actually think this is a good thing. People are now familiar enough with Sci-Fi that we can have a big budget sci-fi movie with major stars in it that doesn't need light relief like comedy robots, nudge-nudge-wink-wink jokes comparing the future to the present, or anthopomorphised aliens that hang out in bars and play wind instruments. This is a mainstream sci-fi movie that doesn't over explain things and isn't afraid to take itself seriously. There actually aren't many sci-fi movies that can claim that.

8/10 worth going to see on a big screen

It has the same director as Tron Legacy who really has an eye for the visual so I've booked my centre seated premier IMAX tickets for Friday and gonna sneak a half tab of acid on the drive down whilst my girlfriend isn't looking :rdjgrin:

Guest Shit Attack

man im sure i saw a trailer for almost this exact movie a while ago but it starred will smith and his kid

also fuck funding another scientology medal of valour by going to see tom cruise movies

Premise:

Twist:

Payoff:

looks like Wall-E

Premise:

Twist:

Payoff:

Agreed, I saw the extended trailer before Jurassic Park 3d the other night... Felt like it gave away WAY too much, almost kinda killed my desire to see it. I still want to, but I wish I'd know less going in.

• 3 weeks later...

Watching Joesph Kosinski's movies is like watching a kid go thru film school. For every original idea he has, he falls back on a cliche whenever he doesn't know what to do next. I still liked it, but there were groans.

It has the same director as Tron Legacy who really has an eye for the visual so I've booked my centre seated premier IMAX tickets for Friday and gonna sneak a half tab of acid on the drive down whilst my girlfriend isn't looking :rdjgrin:

Sunny_devito_04.jpg

Archived