IGNORED

is it still bad form to wonder aloud what the deal with boc is?

Alzado

to moi…..campfire headphase was a serious disappointment aside from 1-2 tracks funny you lot want more.

i gave it plenty of spins and i rate it 50% less than anything proceeding it

no flame no troll just my un-humble opine

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh, I'm waaaaaaaay past caring about a new BoC album.

For a while after Campfire Headphase I was quite excited about a new album, but as the years have gone on my interest has waned somewhat. It's not that I don't like BoC anymore, I do, but there's a lot of great music that's being produced in the meantime, and getting hung-up on one group seems like a bit of a waste of time. If they release something new, and I hope they do, then great, but if not, that's fine also.

I do know somebody who went to school with them who still knows people who know them and I've thought about asking her if she could find any info out, but what's the point?

it seems to me that "there's lots of other great music" comments are really unnecessary because the rest of this website and the internet at large are there for discussing and discovering those multitudes of other artists. for sure, boc are but one mini fraction of music in the entire musical universe. this tiny portion of the internet, however, is devoted to discussing them.

unless of course you think we discuss boc here because we have not yet learned about other music existing which would of course make you an idiot.

Guest Dogboy73
Given up caring really. There's so much amazing music out there and the world has moved on, it seems weird to continue to hold out for a new album.

This?! Committing suicide this afternoon so it too late for me anyhow!!!

Right now I'm just looking forward to 10+ years from now when they run out of money and we get a "lost tapes" release. The funny thing is, it would probably still sell a lot of copies even if they go 20 years without releasing anything.

By twist of fate my power cable accidently popped out of my laptop late saturday night (which was in hindsight a good thing). I'd consumed 6 pints of Old Peculier. I had also written a 4 million word essay of complete drunken nonsense about BoC. I faintly remember going on in particular about perhaps the Sandisons had women trouble (like Yoko Ono destroying The Beatles).

I used to cycle with 6 friends, now I mainly cycle alone, as girlfriends and wives put a stop to it. I never really understood why cycling with your mates posed such a problem?

Guest Dogboy73

"is it still bad form to wonder aloud what the deal with boc is?"

Bad?! It's a borderline medical condition! If you're STILL wondering about BoC then it means your meds aren't working and you need to get yourself to a qualified medical centre for help. I saw an ad in the local press a few weeks back. It read, 'still waiting for the next BoC album? Wondering where Marcus and what's his name have gotten to? Call this number to book you're appointment'.

I just thank the Lord our numbers are small. Casualties will be kept to a minimum, since many have already moved on. It's not to late for us, brothers. We just need a little help to get over the final hurdle. Console yourself with the thoughts that there's a world outside that door and B-o-C is not the only music on the CD/MP3/turntable. It only looks that way in your mind. Everything will be okay once the cream custard arrives (that's what I keep telling my wife and kids. They're convinced the worst is over now).

I used to cycle with 6 friends, now I mainly cycle alone, as girlfriends and wives put a stop to it. I never really understood why cycling with your mates posed such a problem?

in a BoC thread.

this is what discussions about this band have become.

Turquoise Haze Cycle Trauma

By twist of fate my power cable accidently popped out of my laptop late saturday night (which was in hindsight a good thing). I'd consumed 6 pints of Old Peculier. I had also written a 4 million word essay of complete drunken nonsense about BoC. I faintly remember going on in particular about perhaps the Sandisons had women trouble (like Yoko Ono destroying The Beatles).

(No) Happy Cycling?

unless of course you think we discuss boc here because we have not yet learned about other music existing which would of course make you an idiot.

And you'd be an idiot if you think that's what I think.

It's just some people who post in this subforum seem to be so hung up on BoC, and I don't understand it. I really enjoy their music and it was they who changed the course of my own musical interests. However, the level of micro-analyzation from some quarters in here over the smallest glimmer of (what usually turns out to be mis-) information just seems fool-hearty to me.

Just as everyone has assholes, everyone has an opinion, and that happens to be mine. Feel free to scoff/disregard/whatever.

BoC were great and their tunes remain great. Would love a new album but it's really not a big issue in the grand scheme of life.

I really like this quote as its chilled out and sensible. But at the end of the day if you (or I) rubbed a magic lamp and a big fat genie appeared and 3 musical wishes were granted, I'd have BoC as the first wish. Most of this is powered not just by their brilliant music but because its been a long, long time since anything appeared, that is whats really stoking the fire, the silence.

They got it wrapped haven't they? lol.

It's just some people who post in this subforum seem to be so hung up on BoC, and I don't understand it.

you don't don't understand people posting in the boards of canada subforum being hung up on boards of canada?

george-bush-confused.jpg

It's just some people who post in this subforum seem to be so hung up on BoC, and I don't understand it.

you don't don't understand people posting in the boards of canada subforum being hung up on boards of canada?

george-bush-confused.jpg

*sigh*

I don't understand the fanatical poring over minutiae.

Anyway, I'm saying no more in this thread as I'll only end up repeating the same point ad-nauseam. I hope they release something soon and put you all out of your misery.

Bye.

Nothing wrong with wondering about BoC. They make amazing music and have no PR so all we are left with is some good tunes and uncertainty. Maybe that's the point of BoC.

Archived