IGNORED

Pope says same-sex marriage is destroying the ‘essence of humanity’

syd syside

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a gay dude should totally take the pope out for frosty chocolate sundaes, he'd totally be down with the LGBTTIQQ2SA after that.

I'm not even joking about that acronym... I'm all for gay rights, but it's the most hilariously 'inclusive' acronym ever.

As it should be.

Guest happycase

"The Hierophant's only problem is that, like the Bull, he can be stubborn and hidebound. Also, as he is working for the harmony of the community, the Hierophant is not a card that favors individuality. Harmony cannot be achieved if everyone is marching to their own drummer. The Hierophant is about shared feelings, beliefs and ways. It even can be about blending in or surrendering to tradition and community rather than asserting your uniqueness."

The Pope is an archetype reflecting the authority and wisdom of Tradition.

do you guys actually care what the pope says? i don't and i'm catholic. he can say he's against television or violent films, but both will still exist regardless. whether or not he's fine with gay marriage won't stop gay marriage from happening. it's just his opinion- let him have it.

do you guys actually care what the pope says? i don't and i'm catholic. he can say he's against television or violent films, but both will still exist regardless. whether or not he's fine with gay marriage won't stop gay marriage from happening. it's just his opinion- let him have it.

i care about the millions of people, at least two of whom are my relatives, buy into this shit show and believe a man vetted by a criminal organization to be the conduit between the heavens and earth, and are willing to part with their hard-earned money, and not least their rationality and personal moral compass in support of this charade.

lets not forget in all seriousness, that this man is at the head of an organization which, when confronted with accusations and evidence that their holy men forced themselves onto teen and pre-teen children, decided they were above secular statutes of law and instead "disciplined" them by shifting them to another position within the organization.

seriously, all pedo jokes aside, let the reality of how absolutely fucked that is sink in.

so sorry, the guy is entitled to his opinion, but Im also entitled to mine in calling him the worthless scum sucking shitbag of a human being he is. he is subject to ridicule; he runs a billion dollar organization guilty of some of the most sickening moral betrayals of even the most basic human consciousness, he can go fuck himself.

personally, i don't think humans are capable of living in peace or even making rational decisions. when in large numbers they are impossible to maintain. they're erratic and disorganized. any chance there is of controlling them, manipulating them or exploiting them should be taken advantage of. the church does it's part, but it's also confined by the disadvantages of being made up of humans.

Guest happycase

The Pope is my boy. I hear every Pope has to endure thousands of hours of rape before being made the "Ayatollah of Christ"

It's not like the pope has supernatural powers. He's just a sleazy politician isn't he? I think clergy members are the biggest atheists of all.

Ironic much that an organization full of homosexuals who couldn't deal with their sexuality, will now dictate to the other homosexual population that they shouldn't exist?

Humanity is a Hell of a drug.

5HqRj.gif

(i don't think the pope and co are dictating homosexual relationship rules directly to homosexuals... just to other potentially-gay-if-not-instructed-otherwise gays)

((and telling the gays they can't be in the eternal heavenly bootlicking club))

personally, i don't think humans are capable of living in peace or even making rational decisions. when in large numbers they are impossible to maintain. they're erratic and disorganized. any chance there is of controlling them, manipulating them or exploiting them should be taken advantage of. the church does it's part, but it's also confined by the disadvantages of being made up of humans.

I can never understand why this is always the default fall-back position when the church is attacked. It's cognitive dissonance at its best. Do you consider molestation of children without judicial punishment a worthwhile trade for some institutional control?

How come this whole "well if the church was gone we'd still be killing each other" argument is valid within the context of organized religion, but when WATMM gets into a political discussion about the tactics of the United States and other western powers, its completely unacceptable and morally abhorrent?

Would Obama or Bush's prosecution of "terrorism" via illegal and unconstitutional means be a necessary control if either of them claimed they were doing the work of God? oh shit wait, one of them did

If you are a Catholic in doctrinal belief, fine I guess. But don't defend this man or the people he represents.

:facepalm:

Psychiatrists say that when someone makes sweeping statements about mankind, they're usually talking about themselves.

Just what is that supposed to mean?

I want to have faith in humanity, but when people say things like this it is tested. You are now the Mel Gibson of WATMM to me.

i think its a pretty reasonable statement. impossible to prove, but i also believe that a miniscule percentage of people born are simply evil psychopaths, and therefore there is no way you can persuade, or bring them up in such way that they will not fight and kill other people.

a gay dude should totally take the pope out for frosty chocolate sundaes, he'd totally be down with the LGBTTIQQ2SA after that.

I'm not even joking about that acronym... I'm all for gay rights, but it's the most hilariously 'inclusive' acronym ever.

As it should be.

LGBTTIQATSI was a pretty good film

Archived