IGNORED

Pope says same-sex marriage is destroying the ‘essence of humanity’

syd syside

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope the next pope is more progressive (most likely not).

If people want to undo the damage the position of pope had done over the years they should start by not giving the pope so much attention and respect, news agencies should start writing reports and politicians should stop treating this fucking guy like a god every time this motherfucker decices to visit a major city.

Hope the next pope is more progressive (most likely not).

If people want to undo the damage the position of pope had done over the years they should start by not giving the pope so much attention and respect, news agencies should start writing reports and politicians should stop treating this fucking guy like a god every time this motherfucker decices to visit a major city.

quoted for fucking truth.

he probably resigned because he couldn't get it up by looking at kids any more.

yup, I went there. and i'll keep going there until the end of fucking time.

Maybe the pope resigned because there will be some huge scandal coming to light and he can't be bothered to take the shit. The next pope should be from some African nation, but it will be some old white dude instead, who will be too old again after a few years. The catholic church is such a weird and silly institution, but unfortunately still have a lot of influence.

The catholic church is such a weird and silly institution, but unfortunately still have a lot of influence.

True, but give it another 20 years or so, perhaps less. Parishioner numbers are waaay off here in the u.s. and will continue to decline... but of course the hierarchy is too proud and oblivious to understand why. Both the wife & 1 were born / raised / brainwashed catholic but at this stage in our lives we've pretty much cashed out all of our chips (apart from occasionally humoring of our parents with certain things) - I'd say this is definitely more the rule than the exception with our generation. I could write about 3-5 tl;drs on my grievances with the church, but basically they're no different from any other dogmatic institution trying to cling to power

Maybe the pope resigned because there will be some huge scandal coming to light and he can't be bothered to take the shit. The next pope should be from some African nation, but it will be some old white dude instead, who will be too old again after a few years. The catholic church is such a weird and silly institution, but unfortunately still have a lot of influence.

I was actually wondering if they would elect a non-European. It took 455 years for them to pick a non-Italian and the last were a Pole and a German. I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to be more progressive, even the resignation is somewhat respectable in my opinion - a humble move for someone so insanely revered by default.

The whole church looks stranger and strangers as I grow older. I respect my sincere and modest Catholic friends who stay with the faith - I see the appeal of the traditions and rites, but beyond that I can't help but view the church with a bad taste in mouth. I have to hold my tongue listening to all the backwards, often misogynistic and arrogant concepts of marriage while attending Catholic weddings. Reading in one of the prayer books it mentions to pray for brothers of other Christian faiths but something along the lines of how unfortunate it is that "they haven't joined the true, Catholic Church." Organized religion is so childish.

The Church is absurd in it's administrative organization as well - think about it, the next Pope will be decided by a hundred or so virginal men - well, men who probably haven't had sex with other adults. That's just a bit odd.

think about it, the next Pope will be decided by a hundred or so virginal men - well, men who probably haven't had sex with other adults. That's just a bit odd.

I didn't realise WATMM had any sway in the Vatican?

think about it, the next Pope will be decided by a hundred or so virginal men - well, men who probably haven't had sex with other adults. That's just a bit odd.

bazinga

Today's a good day! But resigning without dying is rather uncommon is it? I'm curious as to what is the cause.

Indeed, the last time a pope resigned was in 1415, pope Gregorius XII.

The reason of his resignation would be health and age, maybe he's setting an example for popes to come to not let it come as far as the previous pope who could barely lift his own head at the end.

Today's a good day! But resigning without dying is rather uncommon is it? I'm curious as to what is the cause.

Indeed, the last time a pope resigned was in 1415, pope Gregorius XII.

The reason of his resignation would be health and age, maybe he's setting an example for popes to come to not let it come as far as the previous pope who could barely lift his own head at the end.

maybe like the rest of us he witnessed the indignity of the previous pope's final years and doesn't want to go the same way... the fact he's allowed to bow out is progress i suppose.

Guest Mirezzi

In fairness to the Pope, when you're 85, it is indeed difficult to carry out your daily duties.

This:

stylish_boy_1920x1080.jpg

...starts to look like this:

Bodybuilder-744330.jpg

for all the shit he got karol was a dope pope. the most progressive one out there.

ratzinger was a stuffy Casaubon of a pope. and a nazi

fuck it all, but if i had to be religious i would definitely be catholic, if only for the art, music and architecture

^fucking brilliant, I always lose it after 1:07 or so

bazinga

zole

I'm so glad I wasn't raised Catholic. When I was a kid I had to go to a really laid back Protestant church. Everyone goes to heaven, fuck yeah. The former pastor had an affair with a churchgoer's wife when he was "counseling" her for a death in her family. NOT a little kid, so points for that. He had to apologize in front of everyone as the younger kids went to their separate sermon since we were too young to understand. I bet attendance was great that day, LOL. Supposedly the husband brought a gun that day and my dad and a few other dads had to talk him out of it. Good stuff! I always laughed at all the Catholic kids at school who had to go to creepy CCD when I went to "youth group" where we basically had little parties with pizza and soda and talked about current events and interesting topics with a religious slant. A lot of the other kids were pretty cool, too. Sometimes we even watched Mystery Science Theater 3000. No one got molested, we all grew up just fine, and today I am an atheist with no weird guilt issues about sex or "sinning" or some wack shit like that. Good memories, actually.

Guest disparaissant

I want to do a reverse "You can't fire me, I quit!" on the pope.

"You can't quit! You're the anti-pope!"

And then France and the Holy Roman Empire go to war.

Archived