IGNORED

2012 Most IDM Tournament - Brainstorming

Root5

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was listening to project168 the other day and came accross a Ten Fingers Ten Toes track called "Elevator music for the space elevator"

That would really work as a watmm concept album I think. What sort of music would you listen to if you were a passanger on an elevator to the stars that rides up a metamaterial cable 35,000 km long. Think of the view. Think of what the elevator would look like. Think of the cable stretching up above your head. Think of what might be waiting at the top of the elevator.

That's:

Elevator Music for the Space Elevator

I was listening to project168 the other day and came accross a Ten Fingers Ten Toes track called "Elevator music for the space elevator"

That would really work as a watmm concept album I think. What sort of music would you listen to if you were a passanger on an elevator to the stars that rides up a metamaterial cable 35,000 km long. Think of the view. Think of what the elevator would look like. Think of the cable stretching up above your head. Think of what might be waiting at the top of the elevator.

That's:

Think of the 5 day ride up listening to elevator music. :cisfor:

From Wikipedia..

Another design constraint will be the ascending speed of the climber. As geosynchronous orbit is at 35,786 km (22,236 mi), assuming the climber can reach the speed of a very fast car or train of 300 km/h (180 mph) it will take 5 days to climb to geosynchronous orbit.

Guest isaki

That's:

LUXSH on repeat

Also,

James Cameron's Mariana Trench Dive

aka "The director of fucking Aliens and Terminator builds an experimental machine to take him on the first ever solo dive to the deepest part of the ocean and then crouches in a 1m diameter glass bubble for about 8 hours and tweets while he's down there"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGzaUiutuRk

Good suggestions everyone.

Just a general note: things that occurred before or after 2012 are totally fair game. The year doesn't matter. We're deciding what was most IDM for that year, but when the event occurred is entirely besides the point.

Tungsten, a.k.a Wolfram.

First of all, it's got a very badass name, and an even more badass alternate name.

Secondly, it's very hard, very dense metal. It's much more dense than lead, without being toxic. It has virtually the same density as gold, while being vastly cheaper, and vastly harder. You can't scratch this metal. It's basically just a sold, unscratchable, non-toxic form of dense heavy mass.

edit: Here's the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tungsten

The Golden Cave Catfish; IDM because:

- It is only found in a single subterranean lake beneath Namibia.

- It is blind.

- It has evolved to consume bat guano which makes up nearly 100% of its diet.

Talk about an evolutionary niche...

uktv-david-attenborough-africa-episode-1

Archived